Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Rsync and Move files
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Rsync and Move files Post 303016658 by James0806 on Tuesday 1st of May 2018 05:23:14 PM
Old 05-01-2018
Code:
#bin/bash -x
source1="/home/u02/Oracle"
dest1="/home/u02/Oracle/LOG"
chmod 777  $source1/*.tif
chmod 777  $source1/*.txt
/usr/bin/scp  $source1/*.tif  192.168.83.7:/mnt/dbfs/
 if [ $? -eq 0 ]
        then
         echo " files were copied with extension tif on `date`" >> /var/log/croncopy.txt
        fi
/usr/bin/scp  $source1/*.txt  10.83.83.7:/mnt/dbfs/
 if [ $? -eq 0 ]
        then
         echo " files were copied with extension txt on `date`" >> /var/log/croncopy.txt
        fi
/usr/bin/scp  $source1/*.TIF  10.83.83.7:/mnt/dbfs/
 if [ $? -eq 0 ]
        then
         echo " files were copied with extension TIF on `date`" >> /var/log/croncopy.txt
        fi

exit

---------- Post updated at 02:52 AM ---------- Previous update was at 02:51 AM ----------

Code:
#!/bin/bash
source1="/home/u02/Oracle"
dest1="/home/u02/Oracle/LOG"
dirdatelog=`date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S`
mkdir $dest1/$dirdatelog
movedest="$dest1/$dirdatelog/"
mv $source1/*.tif $movedest > /dev/null 2>>/var/log/errormove.txt
mv $source1/*.txt $movedest  > /dev/null 2>>/var/log/errormove.txt
mv $source1/*.TIF $movedest  > /dev/null 2>>/var/log/errormove.txt
exit

---------- Post updated at 02:53 AM ---------- Previous update was at 02:52 AM ----------

The two above scripts will copy initially and later move the files to the destination folder

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rsync, which files where moved?

Hello, I am using rsync to make sure that my folder "local" mirrors the remote directory "remote". When a file is copied from "remote" to "local", I need to apply a bash script to it. What would be a neat way to do that? Thanks ps: is there a way to edit the title of the thread (I am a bit... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: JCR
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash rsync but move not delete

There might be an easy solution to my problem, or maybe not, but here it is. I am trying to rsync a Volume with 1.5 terabytes of data and send it via fibre channel to a raid array. Now normally when I rsync it scans through everything and, before copying anything, deletes any files that have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Movomito
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check files and move the results to differents files?

Hi, I am a newbie to shell scripting. here is my objective: 1)The shell program should take 2 parameters - ie-> DestinationFolder, WebFolder 2)Destination folder contains few files that has to has be verified and deleted. 3)WebFolder is a folder containing a list of master files 4)It... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sandhyagupta
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move same files and issue ls -al command on remaining files

I know I can use an ls -l junk1 command to get a listing of all files in the directory junk1, but I was wondering how I'd go about going through the files in junk1 in a for-in loop and issuing the ls -l command on them one by one. This is what I have so far: for file in $(ls -a $1) do ls... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Trinimini
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursively move directories along with files/specific files

I would like to transfer all files ending with .log from /tmp and to /tmp/archive (using find ) The directory structure looks like :- /tmp a.log b.log c.log /abcd d.log e.log When I tried the following command , it movies all the log files... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: frintocf
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move all files except sys date (today) files in Solaris 10

I want to move all files from one directory to another directory excluding today (sysdate files) on daily basis. file name is in pattern file_2013031801, file_2013031802 etc (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: khattak
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync move with symlinks

Hi, I use rsync to move from source to target, but there are cases that I need to exclude: Suppose in my file system, I have a soft link ~/data -> /media/volgrp/data. Under data folder, there is a file hello.txt. After moving command "rsync --remove-source-files -aH --force ~/data/... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: huangyingw
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SBATCH trinity for multiple files and rename/move the output files

Hey guys, I have wrote the following script to apply a module named "trinity" on my files. (it takes two input files and spit a trinity.fasta as output) #!/bin/bash -l #SBATCH -p node #SBATCH -A <projectID> #SBATCH -n 16 #SBATCH -t 7-00:00:00 #SBATCH --mem=128GB #SBATCH --mail-type=ALL... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: @man
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Move directory with rsync and delete from source

I need a rsync command which will exclude certain files and directories from source and copy the rest. I got this command working, sudo rsync -avzh --exclude 'bin' --exclude 'braintree' --exclude 'colinmollenhour' --exclude 'composer' --exclude 'doctrine' --exclude 'fabpot' --exclude... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siddheshk
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move files with a certain suffix based on how many files are in another folder

Hello, First time poster. I am looking for a way to script or program the process of moving files from one folder to another, automatically, based on the count of files in the destination folder. I was thinking a shell script would work, but am open to the suggestions of the experts... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: comtech
6 Replies
db_printlog(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    db_printlog(8)

NAME
db_printlog - Displays database log file (Enhanced Security) SYNOPSIS
/usr/tcb/bin/db_printlog [-h home] FLAGS
Specify a home directory for the database. The correct directory for enhanced security is /var/tcb/files. DESCRIPTION
A customized version of the Berkeley Database (Berkeley DB) is embedded in the operating system to provide high-performance database sup- port for critical security files. The DB includes full transactional support and database recovery, using write-ahead logging and check- pointing to record changes. The db_printlog utility provides a way to view the log file associated with the security database. RETURN VALUES
The db_printlog utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
If the -h option is not specified and the environment variable DB_HOME is set, it is used as the path of the database home. The home directory for security is /var/tcb/files. FILES
/var/tcb/files/auth.db /var/tcb/files/dblogs/* RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: db_checkpoint(8), db_recover(8), db_stat(8) delim off db_printlog(8)