Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Reading properties from file and setting variable values Post 303016621 by kchinnam on Monday 30th of April 2018 03:30:55 PM
Old 04-30-2018
Reading properties from file and setting variable values

I want to read properties from a file and print evaluated values of each key.
I am using AIX6.1.

Code:

myfile.props
protocol=http
siteA.host=siteAhostname
pageA=pageNameA
siteAURL1=${protocol}:/${siteA.host}/pagea/blabla?v1=32
siteAURL2=${protocol}:/${siteA.host}/${pageA}/blabla?v1=32
test.enc=AFSAF!$fsafasf+==

Code:

evalnprint.sh
#!/bin/bash
. ./myfile.props

Code:
./evalnprint.sh
./abc.props: line 2: siteA.host=siteAhostname: command not found
./abc.props: line 4: ${protocol}:/${siteA.host}/pagea/blabla?v1=32: bad substitution
./abc.props: line 5: ${protocol}:/${siteA.host}/${pageA}/blabla?v1=32: bad substitution
./abc.props: line 6: test.enc=AFSAF!+==: command not found

Expected output
Code:
http
siteAhostname
pageNameA
http://siteAhostname/pagea/blabla?v1=32
http://siteAhostname/pageNameA/blabla?v1=32
AFSAF!$fsafasf+==

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting properties for vi during run time.

hi I want to view the line numbers in /bin/rvi when i open a file to edit in a script. The default properites of vi editor are not set to view line numbers and not allowed to change them. So instead of doing :set nu everytime editor opens the file, how it can be set temporarily when script is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashish_uiit
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading variable from file variable values

Hi, Here is the output of lpstat. I would like to read value of Queue which is(abxxxxb1)and status that is DOWN in first line. i dont care what is in second line. any one can help me.thanks Queue Dev Status Job Files User PP % Blks Cp Rnk ------- ----- ---------... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagii
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with retrieving values from properties file

I have an input file like RMS_RPT_PERIOD_DIM,Table,NYTD_SLS_DM,GPS_SLS_DM1,NYTD_SLS_GPS_INT,RMS_DM,byreddys,7/31/2009,byreddys,7/31/2009,Y,//depot/eqr/salesgps/trunk/src/db/table,TBL_GPS_CONTACT_DETAILS.sql,1.1,,lakshmi,sql,y... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sailaja_80
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with reading from a properties file

Hi, i have a properties file a.prop where entry is like PROCESS_IDX=0 Now in my shell schript i am doing like this. #!/bin/sh . a.prop .............. -....................... while read line do # tokenize the string by ",". var=(`echo $line | tr ',' ' '`) echo $PROCESS_IDX -->... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sailaja_80
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading the Properties File From Shell script

Hi, I am new to the shell script please I need help for following question. I have properties file name called "com.test.properties" I have No of key values in this properties. com.person.name = xyz com.person.age = 55 com.person.address = hello I want read this properties but i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venukjs
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading in properties file

Hi Am new to this scripting stuff so bear with me. I got a script made now that reads in a properties file. The properties file is in the following format: 256= Bos, Sea, FRa 128= HEL I want to be able to read in each line of the file and split out the letter fields by the numbered field. This... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsekvsek
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading values from a file

Hi I have a file in the following format AFUE 0. AOXI 0. VFUE 100.0 VOXI 274.601 TFUE 298. TOXI 2229.544 TMAX 2400. What I want to do is write a bash script, that use either perl/awk or sed to read the number after VFUE and VOXI (which is 100.0 and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lost.identity
1 Replies

8. Programming

Reading command line arguments and setting up values if option not provided

I have a C++ program. I read command line arguments, but if the value is not supplied, I default or make a calculation. Let's say I set it to a default value. I can code this in several ways. Here I show three ways. What would be the best way for maintaining this code? The program will get very... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies

9. AIX

Reading .properties file on AIX and Windows

I have a FirstDoc application that integrates with SharePoint 2010. As per the FirstDoc install guide, I need to generate the sharepoint_authentication properties file and place it on the server and the 2 Windows boxes that contain other components of the app. The properties file I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shoefiend
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading multiple values from multiple lines and columns and setting them to unique variables.

Hello, I would like to ask for help with csh script. An example of an input in .txt file is below, the number of lines varies from file to file and I have 2 or 3 columns with values. I would like to read all the values (probably one by one) and set them to independent unique variables that... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: FMMOLA
7 Replies
Prophet::CLIContext(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Prophet::CLIContext(3pm)

mutate_attributes ( args => $hashref, props => $hashref, type => 'str' )
       A hook for running a second command from within a command without having to use the commandline argument parsing.

If "type", "uuid", or "primary_commands" are not passed in, the values from the previous command run are used.

cmp_regex
       The regex to use for matching property key/value separators.

$ID_REGEX
       The regex to use for matching the id argument (luid / uuid).

setup_from_args
       Sets up this context object's arguments and key/value pairs from an array that looks like an @ARGV.

parse_args @args
       This routine pulls arguments (specified by --key=value or --key value or -k value) and properties (specified by --props key=value or --
       key=value) as passed on the command line out of ARGV (or something else emulating ARGV) and sticks them in "args" or "props" and "prop_set"
       as necessary. Argument keys have leading "--" or "-" stripped.

If a key is not given a value on the command line, its value is set to undef.

More complicated separators such as =~ (for regexes) are also handled (see "cmp_regex" for details).

set_type_and_uuid
       When working with individual records, it is often the case that we'll be expecting a --type argument and then a mess of other key-value
       pairs.

This routine figures out and sets "type" and "uuid" from the arguments given on the command-line, if possible. Being unable to figure out a
       uuid is fatal.

perl v5.10.1							    2009-08-20						  Prophet::CLIContext(3pm)