Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed question for substring search Post 303016496 by RudiC on Friday 27th of April 2018 04:32:59 PM
Old 04-27-2018
You said that you want to stop if chars 9 and 10 do not contain 0[1357], but you include a check for eight leading digits - should that be considered essential as well? If not, try
Code:
sed -n '/^.\{8\}0[1357]/! {p;q}' file
000008070610010201NNN

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED Search and Replace Question for Google Analytics

Well, I'm losing my regex ability in sed! Please help. I need to search for this text in multiple html files in a directory: </body> and add the following lines in front of the text above: <script src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" type="text/javascript"> </script> ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
11 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep exact string/ avoid substring search

Hi All, I have 2 programs running by the following names: a_testloop.sh testloop.sh I read these programs names from a file and store each of them into a variable called $program. On the completion of the above programs i should send an email. When i use grep with ps to see if any of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: albertashish
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to get a substring

Hi, I have looked all over for this. I am attempting to get a the substring of a string using sed since it seemed the best solution for this. For example my string is: "zzz foo to you and bar123 or foo" I would like to extract the text between "and" and "or" (it could be anything, but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: CentaurAtlas
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

search for string and return substring

Hi, I have a file with the following contents: I need to create a script or search command that will search for this string 'ENDC' in the file. This string is unique and only occurs in one record. Once it finds the string, I would like it to return positions 101-109 ( this is the date of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lenora2009
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED Question: Search and Replace start of line to matching pattern

Hi guys, got a problem here with sed on the command line. If i have a string as below: online xx:wer:xcv: sdf:/asdf/http:https-asdfd How can i match the pattern "http:" and replace the start of the string to the pattern with null? I tried the following but it doesn't work: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DrivesMeCrazy
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash sed search and replace question

I have several files that I need to modify using sed. I know how to do that, but now a new requirement has come up. Now, I need to make changes to all lines that don't start with certain strings. For example, I need to change all lines except for lines that start with "a", "hello there",... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RickS
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK: Substring search

Hi I have a table like this I want to know how many times the string in 2nd column appears in the first column as substring. For example the first string of 2nd column "cgt" occurs 3 times in the 1st column and "acg" one time. So my desired output is THank you very much in advance:) (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: polsum
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To Search for a pattern and substring text in a file

I have the following data in a text file. "A",1,"MyTextfile.CSV","200","This is ,line one" "B","EFG",23,"MyTextfile1.csv","5621",562,"This is ,line two" I want to extract the fileNames MyTextfile.CSV and MyTextfile1.csv. The problem is not all the lines are delimited with "," There are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AshTrak
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search substring in a column of file

Hi all, I have 2 files, the first one containing a list of ids and the second one is a master file. I want to search each id from the first file from the 5th col in the second file. The 5th column in master file has values separated by ';', if not a single value is present. Each id must occur... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritakadm
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Another sed/awk search=>replace question

Hello, Need a little bit of help. Basically I need to replace lines in a file which were calculated wrong as it would 12 hours to regenerate the data. I need to calculate values based on other files which I've managed to figure out with grep/cut but now am stuck on how to shove these new... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: f77coder
21 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)