Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Filter table of different length Post 303016472 by rdrtx1 on Friday 27th of April 2018 11:19:42 AM
Old 04-27-2018
Code:
awk '
{lines[NR]=$0; if (NF > columns) columns=NF}
END {
   for (j=1; j<=NR; j++) {
      split(lines[j], sensors, FS);
      $0=sensors[1];
      for (i=2; i<=columns; i++) {
         split(sensors[i], fields, "[()]");
         $0=$0 OFS ((fields[2] <= PF) ? (length(sensors[i]) ? "low" : "na") : fields[1]);
      }
      print $0;
   }
}
' FS="[,\t]" OFS=";" PF=0.80 input_file

Last edited by rdrtx1; 04-27-2018 at 03:35 PM..
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to rdrtx1 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating a fixed length output from a variable length input

Is there a command that sets a variable length? I have a input of a variable length field but my output for that field needs to be set to 32 char. Is there such a command? I am on a sun box running ksh Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: r1500
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sed working on lines of small length and not large length

Hi , I have a peculiar case, where my sed command is working on a file which contains lines of small length. sed "s/XYZ:1/XYZ:3/g" abc.txt > xyz.txt when abc.txt contains lines of small length(currently around 80 chars) , this sed command is working fine. when abc.txt contains lines of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thanuman
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What the command to find out the record length of a fixed length file?

I want to find out the record length of a fixed length file? I forgot the command. Any body know? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tranq01
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to filter a table by two columns

Dear Forum, I would like to know how could I found every result from one column at a table based at two table. Exemplo: Table: Red 4 Red 5 Red 10 Black 33 Black 44 Black 5 Green 2 Green 55 Green 78 I would like to have every color with the lower result... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: lColli
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Flat file-make field length equal to header length

Hello Everyone, I am stuck with one issue while working on abstract flat file which i have to use as input and load data to table. Input Data- ------ ------------------------ ---- ----------------- WFI001 Xxxxxx Control Work Item A Number of Records ------ ------------------------... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonali.s.more
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter rows from table

Hi , I need to filter input file according to following All rows with the following conditions should be removed 1) If in a row, the number of 'N's starting col 2 exceeds 2 (3 or more) OR 2) If a row is duplicated with the same value, starting col 2, A value 'N' is considered missing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie83
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter (by max length) only lines not matching regex

I have a large file of many pairs of sequences and their headers, which always begin with '>' I'm looking for help on how to retain only sequences (and their headers) below a certain length. So if min length was 10, output would be I can filter by length, but I'm not sure how to exclude... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pathunkathunk
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter file by length, looking only at lines that don't begin with ">"

I have a file that stores data in pairs of lines, following this format: line 1: header (preceded by ">") line 2: sequence Example.txt: >seq1 name GATTGATGTTTGAGTTTTGGTTTTT >seq2 name TTTTCTTC I want to filter out the sequences and corresponding headers for all sequences that are less... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pathunkathunk
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter all the lines with minimum specified length of words of a text file

Hi Can someone tell me which script will work best (in terms of speed and simplicity to write and run) for a large text file to filter all the lines with a minimum specified length of words ? A sample script with be definitely of great help !!! Thanks in advance. :) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: my_Perl
4 Replies
dl510kaof(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      dl510kaof(8)

NAME
dl510kaof - Filter for the Korean DL510-KA printer SYNOPSIS
/usr/lbin/dl510kaof [-c] [-h host] [-i indent] [-l length] [-L locale] [-n login] [-w width] [accounting_file] OPTIONS
Prints control characters. Specifies the host name of the job owner. This name can contain Korean characters. Specifies the amount of indentation. The default value is no (no indentation). Specifies the page length in lines. The default value is 66. Specifies the printer codeset. This value, by default ko_KR.deckorean, must be a valid locale name. Specifies the login name of the job owner. This name can contain Korean characters. Specifies the page width in columns. The default value is 132. OPERANDS
Specifies the file to record accounting information. DESCRIPTION
The dl510kaof filter is used to filter text data sent to the DL510-KA printer. The filter handles the device dependencies of the printer and performs accounting functions. At completion of each print job, accounting records are written to the file specified for the af field in the /etc/printcap file. The dl510kaof filter can handle ASCII text files, Korean text files, and files that have been preprocessed by nroff. The dl510kaof filter translates nroff control sequences for underlining, superscripting and subscripting into the proper DL510-KA control sequences. The dl510kaof filter can be the specified filter in both the of and the if fields in the /etc/printcap file. For further information on these fields, see printcap(4). ERRORS
The lf field (default value /dev/null) in the /etc/printcap file specifies the name of the error logging file. SEE ALSO
Commands: lpd(8), lpr(1), pac(8), pr(1) Files: printcap(4) Others: i18n_printing(5) dl510kaof(8)