Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Mailx issue; email address starting with # Post 303016299 by Pradeep_Raj on Tuesday 24th of April 2018 07:02:01 AM
Old 04-24-2018
Hi Robin,

I did a echo and could see $RECIPIENT has the full email address as the value.
I tried with escape / with no luck.

OS and Version:
Linux servername 2.6.32-358.18.1.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Fri Aug 2 17:04:38 EDT 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Appreciate your suggestion on this issue.

Thanks,
Pradeep

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to send eMail from a UNIX-Host ( using mailx ) to a Outlook-email-addres(Win)

Hi A) I am able to send eMail using mailx from a UNIX ( solaris 8 ) host to my Outlook-email-ID : FName.Surname@Citigroup.com ( This is NOT my actual -eMail-ID). But in Outlook the "From :" eMail address is displayed as " usr1@unix-host1.unregistered.email.citicorp.com " .i.e the words... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vetrivela
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send email where # is in the email address - Using Unix

Hi All, How do I send an email using malix where email address contains a #. I have a email address like this : #test@test.com I want to send email like malix -s "TEST" #test@test.com < SOMEFILE I tried \# but doesn't work. Please let me know how we can achieve this? I am in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jingi1234
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx- can we change the from address in the email that is sent out.

Hello, Is there anyway to change the from address in the email sent using mailx command? I have the following command: mailx -s $subject xxx@xxxx.com < $mail_mesg This defaults to the following format "acctname@usserver.companyname.com" as the from address in the email. Problem is this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: radhika
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

change from address in mailx

Hi, i am sending mails regulary for updation of data. The from addresses dispaly like POP.RECH@skk182.com i want display like oracle@skk182.com can u help me on this. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: koti_rama
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to know if the mailx command really sends the mail to the email address?

Hi guys, I have a question about the returning message of the mailx command. if I run a mailx command, how can I know if the email has been sent to the email address? If the email address doesn't exist, is there any error message returned? If yes, how can I get the error message? Thanks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sheenshine
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to verify email address using mailx command ?

Is there any way i can verify the email address (before sending the mail) using the mailx command ? I know that sendmail -bv email@address.com can do it but there is a compatibility issues with the version of Unix we have. So mailx is the only command we can used at this point. Any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rak007
1 Replies

7. AIX

email address starting with dash

Hi All, I am trying to send an email to a group email address that starting with a dash '-it-group', then I am getting the error message " bin/mail: illegal option -- G." If email address starting without dash, it works. below is the command. I ran the same command it works on HP, but it does... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akaq
1 Replies

8. OS X (Apple)

mailx to external email address

Hi, How can I use "mailx" command to send message to an email address like this? echo "This email body" | mailx -s "my subject" "email@hostname.com" There may be some setup required in sendmail or postfix?? OS = Snow Leopard 10.6 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: FlyingSquirrel
4 Replies

9. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Email address change issue

Hi Neo/Scott, I decided to change my email address in my details from my earlier one to the one I got with my VIP membership. After the change, I got a message that I'll receive an activation link at the new address to re-activate my account. I haven't got that link till now. Also, all my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: elixir_sinari
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx Email Issue

Hello, I am facing an issue with email in Linux. I am using mailx command to send email. When I give invalid domain address then it is taking both sender and recipient as sender email and trying to send email. Below is my command echo -e "${EMAIL_TEXT}" | mailx -v -s "${SUBJECT}" -r... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yuvi
5 Replies
mailto.conf(5)							    Apple Inc.							    mailto.conf(5)

NAME
mailto.conf - configuration file for cups email notifier DESCRIPTION
The mailto.conf file defines the local mail server and email notification preferences for CUPS. Each line in the file can be a configuration directive, a blank line, or a comment. Comment lines start with the # character. DIRECTIVES
Cc cc-address@domain.com Specifies an additional recipient for all email notifications. From from-address@domain.com Specifies the sender of email notifications. Sendmail sendmail command and options Specifies the sendmail command to use when sending email notifications. Only one Sendmail or SMTPServer line may be present in the mailto.conf file. If multiple lines are present, only the last one is used. SMTPServer servername Specifies a SMTP server to send email notifications to. Only one Sendmail or SMTPServer line may be present in the mailto.conf file. If multiple lines are present, only the last one is used. Subject subject-prefix Specifies a prefix string for the subject line of an email notification. SEE ALSO
classes.conf(5), cupsd(8), cupsd.conf(5), mime.convs(5), mime.types(5), printers.conf(5), http://localhost:631/help COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2009 by Apple Inc. 12 July 2006 CUPS mailto.conf(5)