Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Automatic scp Script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Automatic scp Script Post 303016297 by refra on Tuesday 24th of April 2018 06:07:48 AM
Old 04-24-2018
Automatic scp Script

I need a script to automatically scp the latest files on DIR1,DIR2 and DIR3 from Source to destination server at same place(DIR1,DIR2 and DIR3) . Further details are:

Code:
Source Server (192.168.1.5)
DIR1
DIR2
DIR3

Destination Server (192.168.1.10)
DIR1
DIR2
DIR3

Last edited by jim mcnamara; 04-24-2018 at 10:09 AM.. Reason: code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automatic login script

Hi, I'm a beginner in unix.As a part of my script i need to remote logon using ssh. my script run as being asked for password and logons only after the user enters the password correctly. But my script stops executing after that as I login to a different server(different shell if i'm right).... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dayanand
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

automatic transfering of files using scp

I'm in the process of writing a shell script with copies files from one linux box to another using scp. I wish to run this through a cronjob so it cannot be interactive. This is what I have so far. #!/bin/sh PASSWD='passswd' dateset=$( date | awk '{print $2 $3 $6}') for dates in $dateset;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tcruicksh
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Automatic script

Hi, is it possible to automatically run a script (bash) when an event occurs? I mean, let's say that I (or one of my users) plug in a flash memory (USB) ... is it possible to run a script every time I do this action (let's say to log user, date and other infos on a file)? Thanks! Bye... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TShirt
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

automatic scp download (without the use of ssh keys)

Hi guys, I need to automate scp downloads from a server to which I do not have the ability to upload my public key for automatic logins. I know there is something called expect, but I wasn't sure if that was the best way to go. Basically I am executing a scp download command and I need the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: caprica13
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Script for automatic deletion of old folder

Hi, I have a folder with limited space. So i have to delete folder which are more than 5 days old automatically. So my script should be like delete the folder more than 5 days old. Can someone help me to generate a script for this. Thank you... Cheer Summer (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: summerpeh
5 Replies

6. SCO

Automatic FTP script

We are using SCO OS 5.05 server and we are doing a manual ftp to another SCO OS 5.05 server to backup our database. We are using the Bourne shell. We would like to automate the ftp backup of our database instead of doing it manually. It would be nice to run a script. Also would there be anyway... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: texastig
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

automatic execution of script after every 10 mins

Hi All, I have a requirement that a script need to be executed automatically every 10 mins. how is this possible. lots of logs are created as a part of process and the logs need to be moved into a directory. how is this possible ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suresh_kb211
1 Replies

8. Cybersecurity

automatic SCP transfers issues

Hi, I'm trying to set up scp but it isn't as nice as WinSCP. My requirement is to transfer a file from one machine to another with scp. This would run in a .ksh so it would need to avoid prompts (password/are you sure). First I tried this with v2: SSH with Keys HOWTO: SSH with Keys in a console... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dird
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Automatic counter script

Hello, I am having trouble calculating some numbers and I was hoping someone could help me solve this. I have one file with 1 column and what I'm trying to do is add up the lines until a certain value is reach, then jump to where it last finished counting and continue. so for ex: if I... (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: verse123
27 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automatic script trigger

Hi, I'm looking for a way to solve the following scenario: A shell should automatically trigger / run when a text file is placed or present at a specific location. My idea - to create a cron / anacron for every minute and inside that i will call a temp script. Temp script will move to my... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gautham
9 Replies
RLM_IPPOOL_TOOL(8)					      System Manager's Manual						RLM_IPPOOL_TOOL(8)

NAME
rlm_ippool_tool - dump the contents of the FreeRadius ippool database files SYNOPSIS
If an ipaddress is specified then that address is used to limit the actions or output. rlm_ippool_tool [-a] [-c] [-o] [-v] session-db index-db [ipaddress] Mark the entry nasIP/nasPort as having ipaddress rlm_ippool_tool -n session-db index-db ipaddress nasIP nasPort Update old format database to new. rlm_ippool_tool -u session-db new-session-db DESCRIPTION
rlm_ippool_tool dumps the contents of the FreeRADIUS ippool databases for analyses or for removal of active (stuck?) entries. Or with the -n argument adds a usage entry to the FreeRADIUS ippool databases. OPTIONS
-a Print all active entries. -c Report number of active entries. -r Remove active entries. -v Verbose report of all entries. -o Assume old database format (nas/port pair, not md5 output). -n Mark the entry nasIP/nasPort as having ipaddress. -u Update old format database to new. EXAMPLES
Given the syntax in the FreeRadius radiusd.conf: ippool myippool { range-start = 192.168.1.0 range-stop = 192.168.1.255 [...] session-db = ${raddbdir}/ip-pool.db ip-index = ${raddbdir}/ip-index.db } To see the number of active entries in this pool, use: $ rlm_ippool_tool -c ip-pool.db ip-index.db 13 To see all active entries in this pool, use: $ rlm_ippool_tool -a ip-pool.db ip-index.db 192.168.1.5 192.168.1.82 192.168.1.244 192.168.1.57 192.168.1.120 192.168.1.27 [...] To see all information about the active entries in the use, use: $ rlm_ippool_tool -av ip-pool.db ip-index.db NAS:172.16.1.1 port:0x2e8 - ipaddr:192.168.1.5 active:1 cli:0 num:1 NAS:172.16.1.1 port:0x17c - ipaddr:192.168.1.82 active:1 cli:0 num:1 NAS:172.16.1.1 port:0x106 - ipaddr:192.168.1.244 active:1 cli:0 num:1 NAS:172.16.1.1 port:0x157 - ipaddr:192.168.1.57 active:1 cli:0 num:1 NAS:172.16.1.1 port:0x2d8 - ipaddr:192.168.1.120 active:1 cli:0 num:1 NAS:172.16.1.1 port:0x162 - ipaddr:192.168.1.27 active:1 cli:0 num:1 [...] To see only information of one entry, use: $ rlm_ippool_tool -v ip-pool.db ip-index.db 192.168.1.1 NAS:172.16.1.1 port:0x90 - ipaddr:192.168.1.1 active:0 cli:0 num:0 To add an IP address usage entry, use: $ rlm_ippool_tool -n ip-pool.db ip-index.db 192.168.1.1 172.16.1.1 0x90 rlm_ippool_tool: Allocating ip to nas/port: 172.16.1.1/144 rlm_ippool_tool: num: 1 rlm_ippool_tool: Allocated ip 192.168.1.1 to client on nas 172.16.1.1,port 144 SEE ALSO
radiusd(8) AUTHORS
Currently part of the FreeRADIUS Project (http://www.freeradius.org) Originally by Edwin Groothuis, edwin@mavetju.org (http://www.mavetju.org) Mailing list details are at http://www.freeradius.org/ RLM_IPPOOL_TOOL(8)