Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Awk: greater than sign is working upside down Post 303016271 by RudiC on Monday 23rd of April 2018 03:33:46 PM
Old 04-23-2018
rdrtx1's proposal works well on the sample data line posted, but it assumes that the second number is always greater than the first, so that if N2 is less than the high boundary, so is N1, and if N1 is greater than the low boundary, so is N2, and thus omits two boundary tests.
If that assumption is not valid, and nothing has been said it is, then use
Code:
awk '
BEGIN{FS=OFS="|"}
{
    split($3,interval, "[-]")

a=split($4,string, ";")

for(i=1; i<=a; i++){
       b=split(string[i], numbers, "_")
       print $1, $2, $3, string[i], (numbers[2] >= interval[1] && numbers[2] <= interval[2] && numbers[3] >= interval[1] && numbers[3] <= interval[2]) ? "TRUE" : "FALSE";
    }
}' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK greater than 200

I need to grep out usernames with UID's greater than 200 out of the /etc/passwd file for a server migration. It is the third field however I am not sure to to accomplish this. I tried to search the forums but did not seem to find an answer (might have over looked it). Any help would be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: insania
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for + sign in a string using awk

Hi All, My query is: I have string say xyz+ how to determine that whether it ends with a + sign or not using awk command. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyajit2512
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK greater than?

Sorry for such a basic question, but I have spent hours trying to work this out! I need an awk command (or similar) that will look at a text file and output to the screen if the 4th column of each line has a value greater than or equal to x. data.txt This is the 1 line This is the 2 line This... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dlam
6 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

rxvt: backgroundPixmap upside down

Anyone have any advice? I've tried just about every option, tweak, re-phrase in the man page, FAQ, and such, but there doesn't seem to be any information about what to do when your AfterImage-enabled RXVT displays its background image (xbm format converted from PNG by ImageMagick v6.-something)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SilversleevesX
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to Grep or awk a logfile for greater than value

Hello all Hoping someone would be kind enough to suggest a solution to a problem i have, and see if maybe i can even do this without a script. Essentially i have a very large log file, and within it each line had a value called TTMT, and it records a variable number in the following way, so... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: 1905
6 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

SSH Is hanging and the & sign does not seem to be working

I am having an issue where I am do an SSH to about 30 servers one at a time however my script is getting hung up sometimes on the SSH. I thought the & at the end as seen below would fire it and move on but that does not seem to be working. #!/bin/sh for remsys in trumpetsnail angel... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: LRoberts
15 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

upside-down reversed desktop

I got some problem at startup before login such screen splashing, startup blocking on "checking battery status" and screen going black. Now, that I've solved the above problems I see the desktop screen is upside-down n reversed as well. I tried re-installing nvidia-current, re-installing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dr_mabuse
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to get values greater than

data.txt August 09 17:16 2013 August 09 17:17 2013 August 09 17:19 2013 August 09 17:20 2013 August 09 17:21 2013 August 09 17:22 2013 August 09 17:23 2013 August 09 17:24 2013 to print from a point in this file, to the end of the file, i type: awk '/August 09 17:22/,0' data.txt. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Insert sign every n character (awk)

Hi, For example, I would like to insert a pipe every 4 characters for each second field (including after the last block). input (coma separated): line1,AAAABBBBCCCCDDDDEEEE line2,FFFFGGGGHHHHIIIIJJJJ output: line1,AAAA|BBBB|CCCC|DDDD|EEEE| line2,FFFF|GGGG|HHHH|IIII|JJJJ| my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beca123456
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Percentage sign causing awk problems

looks like awk gets confused when there's a % next to a number. command im running: awk -F" " '/phxnaz001b/ && /vol/ && NF { if (($NF >= 80) && ($NF < 83)) { print ; print ; w++ } else if ($NF >= 83) { print ; c++ } } END { printf("%d:OK %d:WARNING %d:CRITICAL\n", o, w, c) }' /tmp/test.log ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies
MIME::Field::ContType(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  MIME::Field::ContType(3)

NAME
MIME::Field::ContType - a "Content-type" field DESCRIPTION
A subclass of Mail::Field. Don't use this class directly... its name may change in the future! Instead, ask Mail::Field for new instances based on the field name! SYNOPSIS
use Mail::Field; use MIME::Head; # Create an instance from some text: $field = Mail::Field->new('Content-type', 'text/HTML; charset="US-ASCII"'); # Get the MIME type, like 'text/plain' or 'x-foobar'. # Returns 'text/plain' as default, as per RFC 2045: my ($type, $subtype) = split('/', $field->type); # Get generic information: print $field->name; # Get information related to "message" type: if ($type eq 'message') { print $field->id; print $field->number; print $field->total; } # Get information related to "multipart" type: if ($type eq 'multipart') { print $field->boundary; # the basic value, fixed up print $field->multipart_boundary; # empty if not a multipart message! } # Get information related to "text" type: if ($type eq 'text') { print $field->charset; # returns 'us-ascii' as default } PUBLIC INTERFACE
boundary Return the boundary field. The boundary is returned exactly as given in the "Content-type:" field; that is, the leading double-hyphen ("--") is not prepended. (Well, almost exactly... from RFC 2046: (If a boundary appears to end with white space, the white space must be presumed to have been added by a gateway, and must be deleted.) so we oblige and remove any trailing spaces.) Returns the empty string if there is no boundary, or if the boundary is illegal (e.g., if it is empty after all trailing whitespace has been removed). multipart_boundary Like "boundary()", except that this will also return the empty string if the message is not a multipart message. In other words, there's an automatic sanity check. type Try real hard to determine the content type (e.g., "text/plain", "image/gif", "x-weird-type", which is returned in all-lowercase. A happy thing: the following code will work just as you would want, even if there's no subtype (as in "x-weird-type")... in such a case, the $subtype would simply be the empty string: ($type, $subtype) = split('/', $head->mime_type); If the content-type information is missing, it defaults to "text/plain", as per RFC 2045: Default RFC 2822 messages are typed by this protocol as plain text in the US-ASCII character set, which can be explicitly specified as "Content-type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii". If no Content-Type is specified, this default is assumed. Note: under the "be liberal in what we accept" principle, this routine no longer syntax-checks the content type. If it ain't empty, just downcase and return it. NOTES
Since nearly all (if not all) parameters must have non-empty values to be considered valid, we just return the empty string to signify missing fields. If you need to get the real underlying value, use the inherited "param()" method (which returns undef if the parameter is missing). SEE ALSO
MIME::Field::ParamVal, Mail::Field AUTHOR
Eryq (eryq@zeegee.com), ZeeGee Software Inc (http://www.zeegee.com). David F. Skoll (dfs@roaringpenguin.com) http://www.roaringpenguin.com perl v5.16.2 2012-06-08 MIME::Field::ContType(3)