Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Difference between UNIX and Windows Disk storage Post 303016258 by Corona688 on Monday 23rd of April 2018 01:57:34 PM
Old 04-23-2018
I haven't seen a physical SCSI device in eons. My understanding is SCSI doesn't scale well - to keep up with modern performance, it kept growing in cost and complexity compared to serial or network solutions, which pushed it out of many places it used to reign supreme. I know the concept is still used a lot in the abstract, even when the disks themselves aren't necessarily SCSI bus.

Last edited by Corona688; 04-23-2018 at 03:08 PM..

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix and Windows on 1 hard disk

I have one hard disk on my computer ( 8 Giga-bytes) and i installed windows 98 on drive C ( I have 4 drives : C , D , E , F which drive has 2 Giga-bytes space on it ) On which drive ( from 4 drives ) I have a lot data for example : on drive D I store most of my programs which i downloaded from... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoffe_adi
7 Replies

2. AIX

how to allow Windows platform to access Unix based disk volumes

How to allow Windows platform to access Unix(AIX) based disk volumes? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Disk Storage Need to Add more Disk

Hi, Anyone can help me, just want to confirm, if possible adding a disk storage that we have a RAWDATA with +ASM in our database. If possible, what would you recommend "workaround used" from us to do and the preparation. And also how long the downtime will take. Our disk continuous to grow,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fpalero
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between windows and Unix

Hi all, can anyone share any URl or link which is about the main 20 advantages and features of unix over windows i mean i need camparison matrix between windows and any flavour of unix. thanks a lot in advance for sharing. Best Regards (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: younusdba
4 Replies

5. Red Hat

storage disk details

Hi, We have a OEL5.7 installed and which has a storage attached on it. While running application it shows poor performance for Disk IO "dm-0" Now the question is how do I find what exactly is "dm-0" # iostat Linux 2.6.32-100.23.1.el5 03/10/2012 avg-cpu: %user %nice %system... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: shrshah64
9 Replies
AHB(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    AHB(4)

NAME
ahb -- Adaptec EISA SCSI host adapter driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device scbus device ahb Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): ahb_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
This driver provides access to the SCSI bus connected to an Adaptec AHA-174X host adapters in ``enhanced'' mode. Tagged queueing and syn- chronous SCSI transfers are supported. HARDWARE
The ahb driver supports the following SCSI host adapters: o Adaptec AHA-1740 o Adaptec AHA-1742 o Adaptec AHA-1740A o Adaptec AHA-1742A CAVEATS
The Adaptec 174X is very sensitive to SCSI bus termination and cable length. It may also have difficulties operating with some modern devices that, due to their speed, expose timing problems in the controller. There are no known mechanisms for working around device incom- patibilities of this nature. SEE ALSO
aha(4), ahc(4), aic(4), cd(4), da(4), sa(4), scsi(4) AUTHORS
The ahb driver was written by Justin T. Gibbs. BSD
July 4, 2004 BSD