Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris Repo Update
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris Repo Update Post 303016249 by gull04 on Monday 23rd of April 2018 10:00:18 AM
Old 04-23-2018
Hi Everyone,

Here is a quick update on this, still not entirely sure what I did to fix this - the only thing that I can think may have resolved the problem was a package index. After that was going to run the upgrade again and an explorer in an other shell to get the required data for Oracle - however the unexpected happened and the repo update worked.

Code:
root@fvssphsun01:/var/tmp/p27353277_9621a# pkg search -Hlo value info.cve:
pkg: Search performance is degraded.
Run 'pkg rebuild-index' to improve search speed.
root@fvssphsun01:/var/tmp/p27353277_9621a# pkg rebuild-index
Building new search index                    582/582
root@fvssphsun01:/var/tmp/p27353277_9621a# pkg search -Hlo value info.cve:
root@fvssphsun01:/var/tmp/p27353277_9621a#  pkgrepo refresh --key /var/pkg/ssl/pkg.oracle.com.key.pem --cert /var/pkg/ssl/pkg.oracle.com.certificate.pem -s https://pkg.oracle.com/solaris/support/ -s /export/s11repo
Initiating repository refresh.

root@fvssphsun01:/var/tmp/p27353277_9621a#

Still not entirely sure what happened, but it all seems to work now.

Just thought I would update everyone.

Regards

Gull04
This User Gave Thanks to gull04 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Undo the Veritas mirroring and update from Solaris 8 to Solaris 10

Hi all I wish to undo the mirroring for root and update the Solaris version from 8 to 10. Since i am lack of knowledge and experience on this, hope you all can help me double check the step and correct me. Existing disk groups details root@leo # vxdg list NAME STATE ID... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
3 Replies

2. Red Hat

How to Create local YUM repo?

Hi friends, I am using RHEL5 . I have tried to create the local repo using createrepo rpm.But i have been facing a lot of errors and it is not working well. Can somebody tell me how to create the local repo? Thank you in advance. Regards, Prakashkumar.S (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakashkumar41
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Install update 6 on solaris with update 3

I want to update my solaris 10 server which is currently on update 3 stage. A new application require it to be on update 6. What is the best way to make it update 6. should i just install the patch or should i go for the liveupgrade?? thanks for you help in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: uxravi
3 Replies

4. Solaris

solaris 11 - creating a second IPS repo

I need some help getting a IPS repo setup for custom internal packages. we already have an IPS for the oracle solaris package. what I want is a repo called BOB that can be used for packages internal to company BOB. I think I have created a repo called BOB, but it's not setup in the network... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robsonde
1 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

SVN repo issues

We have about 5 different SVN repositories running on SVN 1.6.11 on top of CentOS Linux 6.3. I was asked to migrate our SVN server to a new server last week. We have a cron job that does a Full backup of each repo once a week, and every other night we do an incremental backup via svnadmin dump... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: glev2005
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Error connecting to repo server

Hi guys, I will really appreciate your help on this issue I am having. I built a repository on one of my servers using a red hat dvd . It is working fine on that server. When I create a repo file in a client server and try to connect to the server repository, I get this error ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Configuring EPEL repo and setting it as default repo.

I am using RHEL 6, but with no RHN subscription. I tried installing the EPEL repo, it is enabled under yum repolist but when I try a sample search such as yum search nginx , there's a string of errno 14 PYCURL error 6 . When I tried yum list installed, it didn't work because it defaults to the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hijanoqu
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

RPM Repo Cleanup

Greetings all, I have inherited this offline Red Hat YUM repo that contains over 42000 packages. You read that right. There are 71 kernels alone. The process that I've inherited has us reposync on an Internet-connected-server then sneaker-net the delta to our offline repo where we do a yum... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: geoeldsul
2 Replies

9. Solaris

How to update Solaris 10 Update 3 to Update 11?

Hi friends, We have a Solaris machine running 10 update 3 -bash-3.2# cat /etc/release Solaris 10 11/06 s10s_u3wos_10 SPARC Copyright 2006 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Use is subject to license terms. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
6 Replies
pkg::create(3tcl)                                              Tcl Built-In Commands                                             pkg::create(3tcl)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
pkg::create - Construct an appropriate 'package ifneeded' command for a given package specification SYNOPSIS
::pkg::create -name packageName -version packageVersion ?-load filespec? ... ?-source filespec? ... _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
::pkg::create is a utility procedure that is part of the standard Tcl library. It is used to create an appropriate package ifneeded com- mand for a given package specification. It can be used to construct a pkgIndex.tcl file for use with the package mechanism. OPTIONS
The parameters supported are: -name packageName This parameter specifies the name of the package. It is required. -version packageVersion This parameter specifies the version of the package. It is required. -load filespec This parameter specifies a binary library that must be loaded with the load command. filespec is a list with two elements. The first element is the name of the file to load. The second, optional element is a list of commands supplied by loading that file. If the list of procedures is empty or omitted, ::pkg::create will set up the library for direct loading (see pkg_mkIndex). Any num- ber of -load parameters may be specified. -source filespec This parameter is similar to the -load parameter, except that it specifies a Tcl library that must be loaded with the source com- mand. Any number of -source parameters may be specified. At least one -load or -source parameter must be given. SEE ALSO
package(3tcl) KEYWORDS
auto-load, index, package, version Tcl 8.3 pkg::create(3tcl)