Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Any Other Browser for SCO UNIX OpenServer? Post 303016230 by jgt on Sunday 22nd of April 2018 08:02:52 PM
Old 04-22-2018
1. Download the Definitive version of Openserver, and try it for a month.
2. Purchase an Intel NUC system and velcro it to the back of your monitor.
3. Install SCO Wabi, then either Win95 or Win98 and then Internet Explorer 6.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sco Unix OpenServer Release 3.0

hi everybody I have got a set of sco unix open server release 3.0 flopyy disks series N1, N2, M1, P1...P43, Release notes.. ý did a fresh installation. but ý cant install ethernet card. when ý use netconfig-ad a chain -tcpip... there is a messge : the sco contain TCP/IP driver. and ý... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaygusuz
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Books for administration in Unix SCO OpenServer Release 5

Hi, I am a new user to the Server SCO OpenServer(TM) Release 5. Could you please advise any books for me to have a comprehensive view of how to administrate this Unix server. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rogercko
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Upgrading web browser on Sco openserver 5?

The web browser I'm currently using is Netscape gold version 3.0.1. This browser seems really primitive. The graphical display is in black and white. Is there a way to uprade my browser? I would like a better graphical display. Could the forum recommend a particular version, and how to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cstovall
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

browser for openserver 5.0.4

I'm running SCO Unix openserver 5.0.4 at the moment. The problem is my dissatifaction with the web browser netscape 3.01. I wanted a better browser, and tried to install netscape 4.7, and the required rs504c patch. I'm still not able to see web pages in a satisfying matter, it is mostly black. I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cantona007
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO Openserver 6.0

Hi there guys. I just got this new SCO version and i'm having some problem printing from shell, This is what i'm typing at the # sign : lp -dHP /etc/hosts and it prints no problem but when i use any other user at the $ sign it gives me this error. /dev/fd/7: /usr/lib/lp/sysv/7: not found. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: josramon
1 Replies

6. SCO

SCO UNIX OpenServer 5.0.7 on Gigabyte GA-X58A-OC Motherboard

Does anyone here have experience with running SCO UNIX OpenServer 5.0.7 on the Gigabyte GA-X58A-OC motherboard? Are there any problems? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Transpower
2 Replies

7. SCO

Subverison in Sco unix openserver 5.0.7

Hi everybody I'm going to install svn client in sco unix openserver 5.0.7 where should I start ? I have no Idea what to do ? tnx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: javad1_maroofi
3 Replies

8. SCO

SCO Unix OpenServer 5.0.5 Media Kit

My client has lost the SCO OS 5.0.5 install media. However, they do have a working SCO 5.0.5 system, but is crumbling apart. Where can I find the SCO OS 5.0.5 install media? Or can I get a copy of the SCO CD as a ISO file? Your help is much appreciated. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chedlee88-1
7 Replies

9. SCO

ESATA on SCO UNIX OpenServer 5.0.7

Has anyone here used eSATA drives on SCO UNIX OpenServer 5.0.7? SCSI host adapters and drives are getting harder to find, so I'm thinking about eventually switching to eSATA, but only, of course, if they will work with OpenServer. (2 Replies)
2 Replies

10. SCO

USB Printing for SCO UNIX OpenServer 5.0.7

Years ago I set up USB printing for SCO UNIX OpenServer 5.0.7 for a client--but I've misplaced my notes on how to do this! Maintenance Pack 5 is installed. I need step-by-step instructions to proceed. I've searched the SCO Knowledge Base site and found nothing there or elsewhere on the Web. (3 Replies)
3 Replies
power_onoff(1M) 														   power_onoff(1M)

NAME
power_onoff - timed, automatic system power on, and power off SYNOPSIS
time [date] ] time_designation] DESCRIPTION
instructs the UPS monitor to shut down the system, and optionally informs the monitor when to power on the system again. The UPS monitor in turn instructs the uninterruptible power source (UPS) when to turn the power off and on. The UPS monitor then proceeds to shut down the system. The time to restart the system (power on) is specified with command-line arguments. Some UPS units limit the time that can elapse between the time the power is turned off and the time it is turned back on. Please see your UPS documentation for information about limitations. requires a UPS that is supported by the UPS monitor (see ups_mond(1M)). Command Line Arguments The command has two forms, and recognizes the following arguments: No power on. Causes the system to be shutdown and not be powered back on. time Can be specified as one, two, or four digits. One- and two-digit numbers represent hours; four digits represent hours and min- utes. time can also be specified as two numbers separated by a colon single quote the letter "h" a period or comma A suffix or can be appended. Otherwise a 24-hour clock time is understood. For example, and are read as 15 minutes after 8 in the morn- ing. The suffixes and can be used to indicate Coordinated Universal Time. The special names and are also recognized. date Can be specified as either a day of the week (fully spelled out or abbreviated) or a date consisting of a day, a month, and optionally a year. The day and year fields must be numeric, and the month can be fully spelled out, abbreviated, or numeric. These three fields can be in any order, and be separated by punctuation marks such as slash hyphen period or comma The years 00-68 would be interpreted as 2000-2068 and 69-99 would be 1969-1999. Two special ``days'', and are also recognized. If no date is given, is assumed if the given time is greater than the current time; is assumed if it is less. If the given month is less than the current month (and no year is given), next year is assumed. or If followed by a time_designation of or lets the user startup the system when the specified time_designation has elapsed. A numerical operator, enables the user to schedule the startup several hours, days, weeks, months, or years in advance (see EXAMPLES). Using the argument is equivalent to using an increment of Both plural and singular forms of time_designation are accepted. EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
International Code Set Support Single- and multi-byte character code sets are supported. RETURN VALUE
Exit code 0 is returned upon successful completion, otherwise non 0 is returned. DIAGNOSTICS
issues diagnostic messages when it encounters syntax errors and out-of-range times. EXAMPLES
To startup the system at 5:00 am next Tuesday, use To startup the system at 5:30 am tomorrow, use To make your system startup each weekday at 7:30 am and shutdown at 5:30 pm each week day, use to execute the first entry on Monday through Thursday and the second entry on Friday (see crontab(1)). To startup the system at 8:15 on January 24, use To startup the system at 5:15 on January 24, use To startup the system at 9:30 tomorrow, use To startup the system 24 hours from now, use To shutdown the system and not start it up, use WARNINGS
Jobs can be submitted up to 2037. If jobs were submitted any later than 2037, an error message will display "BAD DATE". Some UPS units limit the time that can elapse between the time the power is turned off and the time it is turned back on. Please see your UPS documentation for information about limitations. If the date argument begins with a number and the time argument is also numeric (and without suffix), the time argument should be a four- digit number that can be correctly interpreted as hours and minutes. Do not use both and within a single command; only the first operator is accepted and the trailing operator is ignored. No warning or error is produced. The power cord must be disconnected before servicing the unit. AUTHOR
was developed by HP. FILES
fifo for communicating with ups_mond. SEE ALSO
at(1), cron(1M), crontab(1), queuedefs(4), proto(4), kill(1), sam(1M), ups_mond(1M). power_onoff(1M)