Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Difference between UNIX and Windows Disk storage Post 303016174 by Soham on Friday 20th of April 2018 02:19:04 PM
Old 04-20-2018
Difference between UNIX and Windows Disk storage

I have heard that UNIX disk storage is costlier than Windows Disk storage. Is that true? If not why we have limited storage on UNIX systems? Windows disk storage is so cheap nowadays. Is it not true for UNIX disks?

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix and Windows on 1 hard disk

I have one hard disk on my computer ( 8 Giga-bytes) and i installed windows 98 on drive C ( I have 4 drives : C , D , E , F which drive has 2 Giga-bytes space on it ) On which drive ( from 4 drives ) I have a lot data for example : on drive D I store most of my programs which i downloaded from... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoffe_adi
7 Replies

2. AIX

how to allow Windows platform to access Unix based disk volumes

How to allow Windows platform to access Unix(AIX) based disk volumes? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Disk Storage Need to Add more Disk

Hi, Anyone can help me, just want to confirm, if possible adding a disk storage that we have a RAWDATA with +ASM in our database. If possible, what would you recommend "workaround used" from us to do and the preparation. And also how long the downtime will take. Our disk continuous to grow,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fpalero
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between windows and Unix

Hi all, can anyone share any URl or link which is about the main 20 advantages and features of unix over windows i mean i need camparison matrix between windows and any flavour of unix. thanks a lot in advance for sharing. Best Regards (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: younusdba
4 Replies

5. Red Hat

storage disk details

Hi, We have a OEL5.7 installed and which has a storage attached on it. While running application it shows poor performance for Disk IO "dm-0" Now the question is how do I find what exactly is "dm-0" # iostat Linux 2.6.32-100.23.1.el5 03/10/2012 avg-cpu: %user %nice %system... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: shrshah64
9 Replies
MYSQLND_QC_SET_STORAGE_HANDLER(3)					 1					 MYSQLND_QC_SET_STORAGE_HANDLER(3)

mysqlnd_qc_set_storage_handler - Change current storage handler

SYNOPSIS
bool mysqlnd_qc_set_storage_handler (string $handler) DESCRIPTION
Sets the storage handler used by the query cache. A list of available storage handler can be obtained from mysqlnd_qc_get_available_han- dlers(3). Which storage are available depends on the compile time configuration of the query cache plugin. The default storage handler is always available. All other storage handler must be enabled explicitly when building the extension. PARAMETERS
o $handler - Handler can be of type string representing the name of a built-in storage handler or an object of type mysqlnd_qc_han- dler_default. The names of the built-in storage handler are default, APC, MEMCACHE, sqlite. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. If changing the storage handler fails a catchable fatal error will be thrown. The query cache cannot operate if the previous storage han- dler has been shutdown but no new storage handler has been installed. EXAMPLES
Example #1 mysqlnd_qc_set_storage_handler(3) example The example shows the output from the built-in default storage handler. Other storage handler may report different data. <?php var_dump(mysqlnd_qc_set_storage_handler("memcache")); if (true === mysqlnd_qc_set_storage_handler("default")) printf("Default storage handler activated"); /* Catchable fatal error */ var_dump(mysqlnd_qc_set_storage_handler("unknown")); ?> The above examples will output: bool(true) Default storage handler activated Catchable fatal error: mysqlnd_qc_set_storage_handler(): Unknown handler 'unknown' in (file) on line (line) SEE ALSO
Installation, mysqlnd_qc_get_available_handlers(3). PHP Documentation Group MYSQLND_QC_SET_STORAGE_HANDLER(3)