Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk to find pattern in file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk to find pattern in file Post 303016158 by vgersh99 on Friday 20th of April 2018 12:26:20 PM
Old 04-20-2018
something along these lines?
Code:
CODE=BY
awk -v code="${CODE}"  -F. '$3==code' myFile

This User Gave Thanks to vgersh99 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

awk script, find pattern

I have a .csv file with columns. In column I like to find which rows contain a certain pattern. That is, my column is: CNR CP CSN CTC EF.DB.U CTC.A D.DB Here, I like to do one thing with EF.DB.U and another with all other. So my question is; how should my if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lulle
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to find particular pattern in file.

Hi I am using the following command to look for anything other than "0000" in a comma seperated file on 11th field. Note: I am looking for "0000" including the double quotes. nawk -F"," '$11!='"0000"'{print $11}' file This is showing incorrect result. Help is appreciated (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to find pattern and add lines

My file goes like this: SID_LIST_HOSTNAME_LISTENER_3 = (SID_LIST = (SID_DESC = (SID_NAME = ORA0008) (ORACLE_HOME = /opt/oracle/product/ORA0008) (ENVS = "LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/oracle/product/ORA0008/lib") ) (SID_DESC = (SID_NAME = ORA0007) ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpsingh
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK match $1 $2 pattern in file 1 to $1 $2 pattern in file2

Hi, I have 2 files that I have modified to basically match each other, however I want to determine what (if any) line in file 1 does not exist in file 2. I need to match column $1 and $2 as a single string in file1 to $1 and $2 in file2 as these two columns create a match. I'm stuck in an AWK... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: right_coaster
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find a file with a specific pattern for current sysdate & upon find email the details?

I need assistance with following requirement, I am new to Unix. I want to do the following task but stuck with file creation date(sysdate) Following is the requirement I need to create a script that will read the abc/xyz/klm folder and look for *.err files for that day’s date and then send an... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: PreetArul
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[awk] find pattern, change next two lines

Hi, hope you can help me... It seems like a straightforward problem, but I haven't had any success so far using my basic scripting and awk "skills": I need to find a pattern /VEL/ in an input file that looks like this: 1110SOL OW25489 1.907 7.816 26.338 -0.4365 0.4100 -0.0736 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: origamisven
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Big pattern file matching within another pattern file in awk or shell

Hi I need to do a patten match between files . I am new to shell scripting and have come up with this so far. It take 50 seconds to process files of 2mb size . I need to tune this code as file size will be around 50mb and need to save time. Main issue is that I need to search the pattern from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitin_daharwal
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using awk or sed to find a pattern that has lines before and after it

Dear gurus, Please help this beginner to write and understand the required script. I am looking for useing awk for sed. I have a few thousand lines file whose contain are mostly as below and I am trying to achieve followings. 1. Find a string, say user1. Then hash the line containing the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ran_bon_78
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed and awk to find pattern and add priffix

Original File Server1|poweredOn|268401| Server1/Server1.vmx|Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 (64-bit) Need Output Server1|poweredOn|DR|T1|268401| Server1/Server1.vmx|Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 (64-bit) Conduction to check find the string "SFCHT1" and "SR" and add prefix has... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjancom2000
4 Replies
Locale::Currency(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       Locale::Currency(3)

NAME
Locale::Currency - standard codes for currency identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Currency; $curr = code2currency('usd'); # $curr gets 'US Dollar' $code = currency2code('Euro'); # $code gets 'eur' @codes = all_currency_codes(); @names = all_currency_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Currency" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying currencies and funds, such as those defined in ISO 4217. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 4217 three-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying currencies. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $curr = code2currency('usd','alpha'); $curr = code2currency('usd',LOCALE_CURR_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha, LOCALE_CURR_ALPHA This is a set of three-letter (uppercase) codes from ISO 4217 such as EUR for Euro. Two of the codes specified by the standard (XTS which is reserved for testing purposes and XXX which is for transactions where no currency is involved) are omitted. This is the default code set. num, LOCALE_CURR_NUMERIC This is the set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 4217. ROUTINES
code2currency ( CODE [,CODESET] ) currency2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) currency_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_currency_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_currency_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::rename_currency ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::add_currency ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::delete_currency ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::add_currency_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Currency::delete_currency_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Currency::rename_currency_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::add_currency_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::delete_currency_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iso.org/iso/support/currency_codes_list-1.htm The ISO 4217 data. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001 Michael Hennecke Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-06-03 Locale::Currency(3)