Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Problems to install gcc 7.2 on AIX 7.2 Post 303016127 by dodona on Friday 20th of April 2018 04:55:58 AM
Old 04-20-2018
it looks like gcc 7 is too fresh for this operation system.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

gcc problems

I downloaded and installed the gcc binaries recently. I am now trying to compile openssh, but I get bad compiler issues when I try this. in the openssh directory, I run: ./configure (mind you, I have usr/local/bin/gcc in my PATH) but the output says checking for gcc... no Why... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: AJA
7 Replies

2. AIX

Problems install Aix 5.3

Hello I have a server that I want to install Aix 5.3, first I change on the sms to install device from the cdrom, when I boot the server on the display hangs up on the message E443 and nothing happens. Who Can I resolve this. Thanks in advance for your comments. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
3 Replies

3. SCO

Problems with gcc compiler

Hy everone! I have an old SCO 5.x machine on which I want to install openssh. Since there was no GCC compiler installed I had to install that too. I'm not a programmer and not so familiar with SCO, so I have a couple of questions. I did everything "by the book" as it says here: Where can I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: veccinho
1 Replies

4. AIX

The problem after install gcc on AIX 5.3

The problem after install gcc on AIX 5.3 I download 5 rpm packages from IBM AIX Toolbox Download Page - Alphabetical Listing and install them. rpm -ivh gcc-4.0.0-1.aix5.3.ppc.rpm rpm -ivh libgcc-4.0.0-1.aix5.3.ppc.rpm rpm -ivh libstdcplusplus-4.0.0-1.aix5.3.ppc.rpm rpm -ivh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zither
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

GCC causing problems it seems.

Hi, I seem to be getting errors in relation to GCC it seems as I cant upgrade alot of pkgs until I can upgrade or use a later version of GCC. The error I get is along the lines of ( cc1: error: unrecognized command line option "-Wno-pointer-sign" *** Error code 1 ) Anyway I was wondering if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Browser
2 Replies

6. AIX

problems with gcc on AIX 4.33

I just installed gcc on AIX 4.33, and I am having some problems with compiling a simple hello world program. See output below for the issue. The "standards.h" file is not on my system and I don't know where to get it. Thanks in advance for your help! # gcc -v Reading specs from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhall
2 Replies

7. AIX

How to install gcc compiler on AIX?

I want to install gcc compiler on aix box. $uname -a AIX GTMIT 3 5 000000000000 Can any one help me installing gcc compiler(step by step)either by smit or rpm commands ? What is boot straping ? Its urgent .. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kittu1979
2 Replies

8. Solaris

GCC install

well, i know wich GCC can be download by Manager package, easy! but I want install gcc "whith myself hands" I have gcc .tar and i cant install by console. after comand $make: erro ok! i dont have compiler, but i want install gcc! sorry my english... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hyagosallet
6 Replies

9. Linux

Problems with gcc

Hello I'm not able to install gcc. My platform is # uname -a Linux localhost 2.6.18-194.el5 #1 SMP Fri Apr 2 14:58:14 EDT 2010 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux #yum install gcc I got the following error ---> Package libgfortran44.x86_64 0:4.4.4-13.el5 set to be updated ---> Package... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: My Style
2 Replies

10. AIX

Unable to install gcc in AIX 5.3

Hello... I have downloaded RPM for gcc in a directly where I tried installing using rpm but it says the following /oracle/dB>rpm -iv gcc-4.2.0-3.aix5.3.ppc.rpm failed to open /var/opt/freeware/lib/rpm/packages.rpm: Permission denied error: cannot open... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shahnazurs
4 Replies
BUILDER-CC(1)							 Debian GNU/Linux						     BUILDER-CC(1)

NAME
builder-cc - gcc wrapper to facilitate pentium-optimizations SYNOPSIS
export DEBIAN_BUILDARCH=architecture export DEBIAN_BUILDGCCVER=gcc-version gcc ... DESCRIPTION
The builder-cc wrapper is normally used by calling gcc as usual. If the environment variable DEBIAN_BUILDARCH is not set, builder-cc does nothing, and the real gcc is invoked with the specified arguments. When the DEBIAN_BUILDARCH environment variable is set, builder-cc invokes gcc with the specified arguments, plus -mcpu=DEBIAN_BUILDARCH -march=DEBIAN_BUILDARCH This has the effect of telling gcc to use architecture-specific optimizations without changing the command line. This is particularly useful for package builds. If DEBIAN_BUILDGCCVER is not set, builder-cc calls gcc.real. If DEBIAN_BUILDGCCVER is set, builder-cc calls gcc-DEBIAN_BUILDGCCVER instead. ENVIRONMENT
DEBIAN_BUILDARCH If set, the architecture to compile for. Useful values are pentium or pentiumpro. DEBIAN_BUILDGCCVER If set, the version of gcc to be invoked. Useful values are 3.0 or 2.95. NOTES
The real gcc is renamed gcc.real, and a diversion is registered with dpkg-divert(1). Thus builder-cc's idea of the default gcc is dictated by whatever package installed /usr/bin/gcc. SEE ALSO
gcc(1) Debian Project 2002-03-02 BUILDER-CC(1)