Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Emacs on AIX 7.2
Operating Systems AIX Emacs on AIX 7.2 Post 303016075 by vbe on Thursday 19th of April 2018 09:18:58 AM
Old 04-19-2018
Well as the message says... conflict with package means you have dependancy issues, is the libtiff the most recent version? (Not at work so cant check...). If you are sure you have the correct dependancies but one wants the other...create a directory but all those dependancies together and install then using as last agrument ( what to install...) * (like *.rpm)
Now I am surprised the files you are using are .ppc which looks like IBM source, which might mean you have some ( /opt/freeware?) package using more recent libraries installed from perzl...
so check all your dependancies ( and to what products are using what...)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

emacs error... help!

i am telnet-ing into my university's UNIX system and trying to edit some perl code in emacs. However any time i try to open it in emacs i get the following error message: > emacs project1.cgi Error: Couldn't find per display information > i also cannot create any new documents in emacs and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffro
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Emacs Editor

hi i am using mandrake linux How do i run the emacs editor ? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: srekcus
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ftp in Emacs

Hi How can I do ftp using emacs. I strart the function by M-x ftp. It connects to the server where I can see the list of files. how can I do put or get there? Thanks SS (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saurya_s
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Xemacs and emacs

Hi guys What is the difference between Xemacs and emacs. I assumed Xemacs runs only in X11. What about in Linux on KDE? Am I running Xemacs or emacs. Well it says emacs though. What is the advantage of one over other? What can I run on OS X ? SS (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurya_s
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help on EMACS

Any one has a good documentation on How To Use EMACs editor?? Thanks Ven :eek: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: VENC22
4 Replies

6. Programming

How to configure emacs? Thank!

I am using emacs to write c++ code. How to configure it to let the system highlight C++ keywords, variables, etc; and let it automatically indent, just like a common C++ IDE does? Any suggestions? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meili100
1 Replies

7. Solaris

emacs on solaris

Hello, Does anyone know where there is an nice step by step to install emacs? Or is ti just as easy as download, untar, run an install script sort of deal? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: komputersman
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Emacs

could someone please tell me how do I work emacs on unix?? how do you input the command and open up files and edit stuff. I know M-x info will lauch the info viewer, C-x u is undo, M-x spell-region run a spell check but when i use some of these command on emacs in Unix, I'm getting no results or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: starwind4
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trying to compile in Emacs

I'm trying to compile two files in Emacs (guess.cpp and yesno.cpp). So I open up Emacs (the text version) and give the command M-x and then I try to type in "g++ -o asst guess.cpp yesno.cpp". But everytime after I type "g++" and try to do a space after that, it says and wont let me type a space? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blackvelvet
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use emacs? Also how to open existing emacs files with .cgi format?

Hi All, I am new to this forum and a beginner in unix. Please correct me if I put the question in a wrong way.. How to use emacs editor? Also how to open existing emacs files with .cgi format? I have the following link :- http link i.e. url and path : /abc/xyz.dev/xyz/documents What... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: swathi123
7 Replies
DH_AUTO_INSTALL(1)						     Debhelper							DH_AUTO_INSTALL(1)

NAME
dh_auto_install - automatically runs make install or similar SYNOPSIS
dh_auto_install [buildsystemoptions] [debhelperoptions] [--params] DESCRIPTION
dh_auto_install is a debhelper program that tries to automatically install built files. It does so by running the appropriate command for the build system it detects the package uses. For example, if there's a Makefile and it contains a install target, then this is done by running make (or MAKE, if the environment variable is set). If there is a setup.py or Build.PL, it is used. Note that the Ant build system does not support installation, so dh_auto_install will not install files built using Ant. Unless --destdir option is specified, the files are installed into debian/package/ if there is only one binary package. In the multiple binary package case, the files are instead installed into debian/tmp/, and should be moved from there to the appropriate package build directory using dh_install(1). DESTDIR is used to tell make where to install the files. If the Makefile was generated by MakeMaker from a Makefile.PL, it will automatically set PREFIX=/usr too, since such Makefiles need that. This is intended to work for about 90% of packages. If it doesn't work, or tries to use the wrong install target, you're encouraged to skip using dh_auto_install at all, and just run make install manually. OPTIONS
See "BUILD SYSTEM OPTIONS" in debhelper(7) for a list of common build system selection and control options. --destdir=directory Install files into the specified directory. If this option is not specified, destination directory is determined automatically as described in the "DESCRIPTION" section. -- params Pass params to the program that is run, after the parameters that dh_auto_install usually passes. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_AUTO_INSTALL(1)