Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Pattern Match FileNames
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Pattern Match FileNames Post 303016033 by techedipro on Wednesday 18th of April 2018 12:58:53 PM
Old 04-18-2018
RudiC & rbatte1

Thanks for your valuable inputs.

version : Version M-11/16/88f

I have made minor change to the pattern as well as corrected the typo on the output file and also included sample filenames and the expected output file.

If a filename does NOT match the below pattern and if any of the FileNames contain spaces in them then write an OUTPUT xml file with the FileNames in the below xml format

Code:
Ends with (.abc) and contains (DEF)
Ends with (.abc) and contains (PQR)
Ends with (.xml) and conatins (XYZ)
Starts with (TVS)
Starts with (TVS) and contains(SPR)
Contains(HIJ)

FileNames

Code:
cqa_20180405_tom_DEF.abc
uvw_bs_PQR_041118120208.abc
wvu_XYZ_041118120208.xml
TVS_~tosp.sh
TVS_SPR.txt
HIJ_03_15_2018.xml
LMN.txt
OTS.txt
iws_ eti-.oiy .txt

OutputFile

Code:
<Files>
<FileName>LMN.txt</FileName>
<FileName>OTS.txt</FileName>
<FileName>iws_ eti-.oiy .txt</FileName>
</Files>

This User Gave Thanks to techedipro For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match first pattern first then extract second pattern match

My input file: <accession>Q91G55</accession> <name>043L_IIV6</name> <protein> <recommendedName> <location> <position position="294"/> </location> <fullName>Uncharacterized protein 043L</fullName> <accession>P18556</accession> <name>1106L_ASFB7</name> <protein> <recommendedName>... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

parse apl-numeric codes from filenames, and match them to entries in database

Hello, I am new to Unix scripting, and would like some help with my issue: I have vairous files having some alphanumeric codes in them e.g. 10000-01 34440TE 34590SR All these codes are stored in the database, and I need to parse these codes out of these filenames, and match them... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mvaidya
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH find filenames in list that match certain "pattern."

I guess by "pattern," I mean something different from how that word is defined in the Linux world. If you take $ to mean a letter (a-z) and # to mean a number (0-9), then the pattern I'm trying to match is as follows: $$$##-####-###-###.jpg I'd like to write a script that reads in a list of files... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SilversleevesX
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need one liner to search pattern and print everything expect 6 lines from where pattern match made

i need to search for a pattern from a big file and print everything expect the next 6 lines from where the pattern match was made. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk to match a pattern and perform a search after the first pattern

Hello Guyz I have been following this forum for a while and the solutions provided are super useful. I currently have a scenario where i need to search for a pattern and start searching by keeping the first pattern as a baseline ABC DEF LMN EFG HIJ LMN OPQ In the above text i need to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: RickCharles
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Match Pattern after certain pattern and Print words next to Pattern

Hi experts , im new to Unix,AWK ,and im just not able to get this right. I need to match for some patterns if it matches I need to print the next few words to it.. I have only three such conditions to match… But I need to print only those words that comes after satisfying the first condition..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 100bees
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed : match one pattern then the next consecutive second pattern not working

Ive used this snippet of code on a solaris box thousands of times. But it isnt working on the new linux box sed -n '/interface LoopBack0/{N;/ ip address /p;}' *.conf its driving me nuts !! Is there something Im missing ? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rearrange or replace only the second line after pattern match or pattern match

Im using the command below , but thats not the output that i want. it only prints the odd and even numbers. awk '{if(NR%2){print $0 > "1"}else{print $0 > "2"}}' Im hoping for something like this file1: Text hi this is just a test text1 text2 text3 text4 text5 text6 Text hi... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: invinzin21
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Distinct filenames pattern

Hi All, I am working on designing the archival process for my system, where I will have to find distinct file names ( when excluded time_stamp extention ) from given directory and for each file type keep the latest and move all other older to different location ( lets say dir Back ). Below are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: freakabhi
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match Pattern and print pattern and multiple lines into one line

Hello Experts , require help . See below output: File inputs ------------------------------------------ Server Host = mike id rl images allocated last updated density vimages expiration last read <------- STATUS ------->... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tigerhills
4 Replies
FLAT2AIDA(1)							   User Commands						      FLAT2AIDA(1)

NAME
flat2aida - Convert make-plots data files to AIDA XML format. SYNOPSIS
flat2aida [options] flatfile [flatfile2 ...] DESCRIPTION
Convert make-plots data files to AIDA XML format. The output is by default written out to a file with the same name as the input (out.aida in the case of stdin) unless the --output option is specified. When specifying either input or output filenames, a '-' is used to refer to stdin or stdout as appropriate. Histograms can also be filtered by histo path, using the -m or -M options for a positive or negative regex pattern patch respectively. OPTIONS
-h, --help show this help message and exit -o OUTPUT, --output=OUTPUT Write all histos to a single output file. stdout can be explicitly specified by setting '-' as the output filename. This option will be disregarded if --split is specified. -s, --split Split histograms into individual files --plotinfodir=PLOTINFODIR directory which may contain plot header information -m PATHPATTERNS, --match=PATHPATTERNS Only write out histograms whose $path/$name string matches these regexes -M PATHUNPATTERNS, --unmatch=PATHUNPATTERNS Exclude histograms whose $path/$name string matches these regexes SEE ALSO
root2flat(1), aida2flat(1), aida2root(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Lifeng Sun <lifongsun@gmail.com> for the Debian system (but may be used by others). Rivet June 2012 FLAT2AIDA(1)