Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Run automated bash commands from sh login shell Post 303015968 by vgersh99 on Tuesday 17th of April 2018 09:35:09 AM
Old 04-17-2018
strftime is GNU awk (gawk) extension. nawk on Solaris isn't not gawk.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

run commands before login

What would be the best way to setup for a Linux box to run a few commands before the user logs in? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: woofie
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run unix commands in a new shell inside a shell script?

Hi , I am having one situation in which I need to run some simple unix commands after doing "chroot" command in a shell script. Which in turn creates a new shell. So scenario is that - I need to have one shell script which is ran as a part of crontab - in this shell script I need to do a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hkapil
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to run a few commands help!

Hi friends this is first post i am very new to shell scripting so i require your expertise to do the following thank u I need to write a shell script which will run the following commands pg_dump bank > backup(Enter) Wait for bash prompt to appear coz it indicates that the command is... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: perk_bud
23 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can BASH execute commands on a remote server when the commands are embedded in shell

I want to log into a remote server transfer over a new config and then backup the existing config, replace with the new config. I am not sure if I can do this with BASH scripting. I have set up password less login by adding my public key to authorized_keys file, it works. I am a little... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bash_in_my_head
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a shell script from one host which connext to remote host and run the commands

I want to write a script which would run from one host say A and connect to other remote host B and then run rest of commands in that host. I tried connecting from A host to B with SSH but after connecting to host B it just getting me inside Host B command prompt. Rest of the script is not running... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SN2009
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to run non-standard commands in bash script?

Hello All. I suspect that this will be a clear noob question, but I haven't been able to figure it out using the usual methods, so I turn to you. I've written a script to create input files for the quantum chemistry program NWCHEM. Generally you create an input file and then execute it by... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: EinsteinMcfly
12 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Different redirection behavior in BASH/Linux when run under cron vice login ???

run_xfs_fsr is a xfs filesystem maintenance script designed to run under cron. The system is a home theater personal computer running mythbuntu 10.10, and is accessed remotely for these tests. cron runs a script, (xfs_fsr.sh) at 02:30 that runs the subject script under BASH and sets the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: keepitsimpleeng
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[bash] run a shell who runs commands

Hi all. On X11 I'm on a shell ...shell_1 (/bin/bash). From here I want to open another shell window shell_2 who executes commands like "ls -l" or programs like ". /program"... so the "result" of commands shows in shell_2 window and not in shell_1. Is that possible ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerold
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run several bash commands put in bash command line?

How to run several bash commands put in bash command line without needing and requiring a script file. Because I'm actually a windows guy and new here so for illustration is sort of : $ bash "echo ${PATH} & echo have a nice day!" will do output, for example:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdulbadii
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to track what Commands run in a login session

Hi I need to track what commands run in login session in solaris whether it is root or any normal users in bash shell. My actual requirement is that when a user (nomal/root) login into the system, whatever commands he run, it should log into file on specified path . I don't require command... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hb00
4 Replies
ucblinks(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands					      ucblinks(1B)

NAME
ucblinks - adds /dev entries to give SunOS 4.x compatible names to SunOS 5.x devices SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/ucblinks [-e rulebase] [-r rootdir] DESCRIPTION
ucblinks creates symbolic links under the /dev directory for devices whose SunOS 5.x names differ from their SunOS 4.x names. Where possi- ble, these symbolic links point to the device's SunOS 5.x name rather than to the actual /devices entry. ucblinks does not remove unneeded compatibility links; these must be removed by hand. ucblinks should be called each time the system is reconfiguration-booted, after any new SunOS 5.x links that are needed have been created, since the reconfiguration may have resulted in more compatibility names being needed. In releases prior to SunOS 5.4, ucblinks used a nawk rule-base to construct the SunOS 4.x compatible names. ucblinks no longer uses nawk for the default operation, although nawk rule-bases can still be specifed with the -e option. The nawk rule-base equivalent to the SunOS 5.4 default operation can be found in /usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk. OPTIONS
-e rulebase Specify rulebase as the file containing nawk(1) pattern-action statements. -r rootdir Specify rootdir as the directory under which dev and devices will be found, rather than the standard root directory /. FILES
/usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk sample rule-base for compatibility links ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
devlinks(1M), disks(1M), ports(1M), tapes(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 13 Apr 1994 ucblinks(1B)