Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Serious problem to fail boot up Post 303015940 by linux_user on Monday 16th of April 2018 10:14:21 PM
Old 04-16-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlliagre
Copying files from a Solaris 10 media to a failing Solaris 9 installation will make things significantly worse...

I double check that i boot from Sol 9 CD but the kernel is latest one .

---------- Post updated at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous update was at 10:18 AM ----------

Code:
/dev/dsk/c1t0d0s0      9.8G   6.6G   3.1G    68%    /mnt
# ls -l
total 1894
drwxr-xr-x   2 root     root         512 Sep 24  2006 TT_DB
-rw-r--r--   1 root     other        505 Feb 22  2007 app.txt
drwxr-xr-x   2 root     other        512 Aug 22  2007 backup
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     other        159 Nov 18  2011 backup.sh
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root           9 Apr 12 21:09 bin -> ./usr/bin
drwxr-xr-x   3 root     root         512 Dec 14  2006 cdrom
-rw-------   1 root     root      868392 Dec 18  2006 core
-rw-r--r--   1 root     other       1024 Dec 10  2006 cs_sp3.tar
drwxr-xr-x   2 root     other        512 Oct 26  2006 dctm
-rw-------   1 root     other         72 May  3  2016 dead.letter
drwxr-xr-x  17 root     sys         5120 Apr 11 18:56 dev
drwxr-xr-x   7 root     sys          512 Jul 19  2006 devices
drwxr-xr-x  64 root     sys         5120 Apr 15 20:55 etc
drwxr-xr-x   3 root     sys          512 Sep 26  2006 export
drwxr-xr-x  10 root     sys          512 Apr 11 02:37 kernel
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root           9 Apr 12 21:09 lib -> ./usr/lib
drwxr-xr-x   2 root     other        512 Mar 18 22:03 loaddgvol01
drwx------   2 root     root        8192 Jul 19  2006 lost+found
-rw-------   1 root     other      42510 Mar  8  2007 mbox
drwx------   2 root     other        512 Nov 27  2006 nsmail
drwxr-xr-x  46 root     sys         1024 Apr  5 23:50 opt
drwxr-xr-x  47 root     sys         2048 Apr 11 02:20 platform
drwxr-xr-x   2 root     sys         1536 Apr 11 02:59 sbin
drwxrwxrwx   4 root     other        512 Dec 10  2006 tempfs
-rw-r--r--   1 root     other        194 Apr 29  2014 tmpfile2
drwxrwxr-x   3 20000    20001        512 Oct 25  2006 u01
-rw-------   1 root     other          0 Feb 26 14:06 vm

Last edited by Don Cragun; 04-17-2018 at 01:58 AM.. Reason: Add CODE tags, again.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

solaris boot problem boot error loading interpreter(misc/krtld)

When I installed the SOLARIS 10 OS first time, the desktop would not start up, this was because of network setup. Reinstalled worked. After a week due to some problem I had to reinstall OS, installation went fine and but when i reboot I get this error. cannot find mis/krtld boot error loading... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: johncy_j
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 9 install cd boot fail

Hi I hv try to install Solaris 9 on a SPARC machine. The machine now is with Solaris 10 OS. I try to load a Solaris 9 installation cd in and use "boot cdrom" on ok promt, but it give me "no boot device found" when it boot up. and when i use fsck, the system show me an error with the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: niuniu
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 x86 1/06 CD1 boot fail

Hello all. I download last version from sun.com, unzip iso's and burn their to cd's. When i try to load (on different machines) from first cd i receive this errors: /kernel/fs/specfs: undefined symbol '' /kernel/fs/specfs: undefined symbol '' ... several screens same message ....... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mozheyko_d
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

connect problem for sctp socket (ipv6 socket) - Runtime fail Invalid Arguments

Hi, I was porting ipv4 application to ipv6; i was done with TCP transports. Now i am facing problem with SCTp transport at runtime. To test SCTP transport I am using following server and client socket programs. Server program runs fine, but client program fails giving Invalid Arguments for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandrutiptur
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Fail to up network interface after system boot

Hi! I have Sun SPARC Enterprise T5140 with Solaris 10 and it unable to up network interface after boot, but after issuing ifconfig interface begins to work... svcs -xv says that service svc:/network/physical:default is failed to start and service log stores something like "service method... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sapfeer
5 Replies

6. BSD

kernel fail to boot after recompile it

Salamo Alikom after recompilation my kernel does not boot and display msg said : enter full path to bash : /bin/sh i try fsck -r ,fsck -y but the problem is steel . my make.conf : PERL_VER=5.8.8 OVERRIDE_LINUX_BASE_PORT=f8 PERL_VERSION=5.8.8 MODULES_OVERRIDE = linux acpi accf_http pccard msdosfs... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SIFE
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

fail to boot HPUX

HPUX running in D-Class (L1000), pretty old HPUX version - hpux 11.00 Attempt 1 -- To boot from normal (primary) Unable to boot - system complains failure SYSTEM ALERT System Name : uninitialized DATE : 10/22/2011 Time : 03/41:12 Alert Level 15 = Fatal hardware or configuration... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckwan
12 Replies

8. Red Hat

RHEL6 Diskless Remote boot fail

Hi guys, I've been trying to set up a server for disk-less booting of remote machines on a network. The server host OS is RHEL6 and I have configured dhcp, tftp and nfs services which are proven to be working since I am able to install RHEL6 through pxe boot. Now I want it to serve for disk-less... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aninmuk
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

System fail to boot

Hi im using centos 6.4 starting yesterday i have a strange issue that im unable to resolve. the system is booting to GRUB menu and the os is not starting. i tried to run a repair install and the message attached is what i get, what can cause this? thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guy3145
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

SPARC T4-1 "ERROR: boot-read fail"

Either I try to boot from USB bootable drive or from a bootable dvdrom, I am receiving a message ERROR: boot-read fail {0} ok probe-scsi-all This command may hang the system if a Stop-A or halt command has been executed. Please type reset-all to reset the system before executing this... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: z_haseeb
18 Replies
root_archive(1M)														  root_archive(1M)

NAME
root_archive - manage bootable miniroot archives SYNOPSIS
/boot/solaris/bin/root_archive pack archive root /boot/solaris/bin/root_archive unpack archive root /boot/solaris/bin/root_archive packmedia solaris_image root /boot/solaris/bin/root_archive unpackmedia solaris_image root The root_archive utility is used to manage bootable miniroot archives and is currently only available on platforms. The utility can pack and unpack boot/root archives in both ufs and hsfs (iso9660) format. It will always generate ufs archives. root_archive also uses the lofi file driver to export a file as a block device (see lofi(7D)) and mount to mount or unmount file systems and remote resources (see mount(1M)). root_archive requires the same privileges that are needed to run these commands. SUBCOMMANDS
The root_archive command has the following subcommands: pack archive root Pack from the image found under the root directory to the archive. unpack archive root Unpack from the archive to an unpacked image under the root directory. packmedia solaris_image root Pack the solaris image to the root directory. unpackmedia solaris_image root Unpack the solaris image from the root directory. For packmedia and unpackmedia, other items that do not go into the ramdisk image are copied or uncopied (see cpio(1)) as well. Specifi- cally, this includes all the packaging databases needed for pkgadd and the other packaging utilities to succeed which are not used in the running and hence pruned to conserve memory. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Unpacking the Solaris x86 install image The following command unpacks the current Solaris image from the root directory: # root_archive unpackmedia /export/nv/solarisdvd.nvx_dvd/latest /export/Boot Where /export/nv/solarisdvd.nvx_dvd/latest represents a path to a Solaris x86 install image and /export/Boot is a directory that will be purged or created, as necessary. Example 2: Packing the Solaris x86 install image The following command packs the current Solaris image to the root directory: # root_archive packmedia /export/nv/solarisdvd.nvx_dvd/latest /export/Boot The following exit values are returned: 0 The command completed successfully. 1 The command exited due to an error. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Stable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ cpio(1), bootadm(1M), mount(1M), attributes(5), lofi(7D) 26 Sep 2005 root_archive(1M)