Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Vlookup using awk without exact match for two colum input Post 303015925 by ranjancom2000 on Monday 16th of April 2018 03:03:56 PM
Old 04-16-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by vgersh99
Code:
 awk 'FNR==NR {f2[$3]=$0;next} {print (($3 in f2)?f2[$3] OFS:"") $0}' file2 file1

this is working great. How to run if i want to use without case sensitive

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

add multiple colum using awk

hi i need help in my script i have a file a.txt 3,4,5,13 6,7,8,45 9,0,1,67 i want to add 2nd and 3rd colum like o/p will be by adding all values of colum2(4+7+0) and colum 3(5+8+11) o/p: colum 2: 11 colum 3: 14 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: anish19
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

can awk built-in "match" be exact??

hello everybody, as explained in the title, here is what I want: str1="name1 name2 name3" str2="name1" str3="name" I know that match(str1,str2) will return 1, but I want that match(str1,str3) returns 0 (when it also returns 1...) Is there a way to get that exact matching process done... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: farphe
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk+Grep Input file needs to match a column and print the entire line

I'm having problems since few days ago, and i'm not able to make it works with a simple awk+grep script (or other way to do this). For example, i have a input file1.txt: cat inputfile1.txt 218299910417 1172051195 1172070231 1172073514 1183135117 1183135118 1183135119 1281440202 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: poliver
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

exact match in Perl

Hi By using select clause I'm trying to pull out the rows to a variable. If the variable has 0 row(s) selected then i'm printing some text message else printing some other text message if($xyz =~ m/0 row/) { print "0 rows "; } else { print " There are rows"; } By my problem... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pdreddy34
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

exact string match ; search and print match

I am trying to match a pattern exactly in a shell script. I have tried two methods awk '/\<mpath${CURR_MP}\>/{print $1 $2}' multipath perl -ne '/\bmpath${CURR_MP}\b/ and print' /var/tmp/multipath Both these methods require that I use the escape character. I am guessing that is why... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bash_in_my_head
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find lines that match exact input and count?

I am writing a package manager in BASH and I would like a small snippet of code that finds lines that match exact input and count them. For example, my file contains: xyz xyz-lib2.0+ xyz-lib2.0 xyz-lib1.5 and "grep -c xyz" returns 4. The current function is: # $1 is the package name.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cooprocks123e
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exact match and #

Hi friends, i am using the following grep command for exact word match: >echo "sachin#tendulkar" | grep -iw "sachin" output: sachin#tendulkar as we can see in the above example that its throwinng the exact match(which is not the case as the keyword is sachin and string is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: neelmani
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match exact Variable in Awk

I want to match exact string stored in Variable INO and print next two lines. I have written below code which partially matches: awk '/\'$VAR'/{getline; getline; print}' Will be thankful , if somebody can help in to resolve this problem. Please view this code tag video for how to use... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitj
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to update file based on partial match in field1 and exact match in field2

I am trying to create a cronjob that will run on startup that will look at a list.txt file to see if there is a later version of a database using database.txt as the source. The matching lines are written to output. $1 in database.txt will be in list.txt as a partial match. $2 of database.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Vlookup using awk without exact match

Code used to find the server from cloum 3 and update needtotakesnap Output came from above command awk 'NR==FNR{A;next}$3 in A{$3 = "needtotakesnap " $3}1' /home/Others/active-server.txt /home/Others/all-server |grep server1 879 dummy server1_217_silver dummy 00870 TDEV 2071575 831 Tier1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjancom2000
3 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)