Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware 2013 Apple Mac Pro 2.7GHz 12 Core/64GB/256GB Flash/Dual AMD FirePro D700 6GB 6,1 Post 303015741 by Neo on Wednesday 11th of April 2018 08:48:35 AM
Old 04-11-2018
2013 Apple Mac Pro 2.7GHz 12 Core/64GB/256GB Flash/Dual AMD FirePro D700 6GB 6,1

Hey MacPro users.

I just bought a refurbished 13-Core MacPro with 64GB of RAM for a cybersecurity gaming project I'm working on. Could not wait for the new MacPro in 2019, so this will have to do:

2013 Apple Mac Pro 2.7GHz 12 Core/64GB/256GB Flash/Dual AMD FirePro D700 6GB 6,1

Now, I'm thinking about which eGPU to buy.

Yes, I know it's only Thunderbolt 2 versus Thunderbolt 3, but that's OK for now.

I'm looking at a number of eGPUs and various eGPU enclosure setups.

Does anyone here have a 2013 Mac Pro with an eGPU?

Thanks!

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

difference between Dual-core & Core-to-duo

Can anybody tell What is the exact difference between a Dual-core processor and a Core-to-duo processor ?Advance thanks to all my friends. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ajith kumar.G
1 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

12-Core MacPro (2013) kernel_task over 1200%

Yesterday someone asked me to install TeamViewer and share my Mac screen with them while on a conference call. I shut down my Mac before sleeping and woke up to some major problem with my 12-core CPU in hyperdrive, and the system activity monitor showed my Mac kernel_task was at 1,200% and the... (30 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
30 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

DiskSpeedTest 256GB OEM v. 960GB Transcend 855 SSD MacPro 2013, 12-Core, 64GB RAM

Before Upgrade: https://www.unix.com/members/1-albums177-picture1220.png After Upgrade: https://www.unix.com/members/1-albums177-picture1221.png (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
Bootloader::Core::NONE(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Bootloader::Core::NONE(3)

NAME
Bootlader::Core::NONE - library for blank configuration PREFACE
This package is the NONE library of the bootloader configuration SYNOPSIS
use Bootloader::Core::NONE; "$obj_ref = Bootloader::Core::NONE->new ();" "$files_ref = Bootloader::Core::NONE->ListFiles ();" "$status = Bootloader::Core::NONE->ParseLines (\%files, $avoid_reading_device_map);" "$files_ref = Bootloader::Core::NONE->CreateLines ();" "$settings_ref = Bootloader::Core::NONE->GetSettings ();" "$status = Bootloader::Core::NONE->SetSettings (\%settings);" "$status = Bootloader::Core::NONE->InitializeBootloader ();" DESCRIPTION
"$obj_ref = Bootloader::Core::NONE->new ();" Creates an instance of the Bootloader::Core::NONE class. "$files_ref = Bootloader::Core::NONE->ListFiles ();" Returns the list of the configuration files of the bootloader "$status = Bootloader::Core::NONE->ParseLines (\%files, $avoid_reading_device_map);" Simulate parsing lines. Do nothing. Return non-zero for success. "$files_ref = Bootloader::Core::NONE->CreateLines ();" Simulate creating lines and return empty lines hash structure. "$settings_ref = Bootloader::Core::NONE->GetSettings ();" returns the complete settings in a hash. Does not read the settings from the system, but returns internal structures. "$status = Bootloader::Core::NONE->SetSettings (\%settings);" Do nothing, as none bootloader cannot change internal settings. "$status = Bootloader::Core::NONE->InitializeBootloader ();" Simulate initializing bootloader. Allways success. perl v5.12.1 2009-06-02 Bootloader::Core::NONE(3)