Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to enable ping?a litte complex Post 303015711 by stomp on Tuesday 10th of April 2018 02:35:00 PM
Old 04-10-2018
Quote:
I have fixed the script removing the last line
This way too, you disabled your firewall-functionality completely.

---

The first 3 rules of INPUT Chain seem defective. They have no effect and there must be some error in the rules so that the rules show up like this.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

enable log

dear all i want to enable the below logs can you help me /var/adm/xferlog /var/spool/uucp/.Admin thanx you (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: murad.jaber
0 Replies

2. Linux

How to enable Hibernate

Hi, I want to enable hibernate in my machine. when i click hibernate option, it is throwing message that hibernate is not enabled in kernel. earlier, i was hibernating in the same machine with windows os. any idea ? Thx in advance. Siva (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sivaswami
0 Replies

3. AIX

How to enable XDMCP?

Hello everyone, I installed AIX the other day (several times!) but I can't get XDMCP to work. I remember from when I installed it the last time it worked out of the box. So why doesn't it work now? This is the error message I get: XDMCP fatal error: Session failed Session 2 failed for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kotzkroete
3 Replies

4. AIX

Enable SMT

How to enable SMT in aix 5.2 ml 9? If i run smtctl it gives error ksh: smtctl: not found. please tell me if SMT is supported in 5.2 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vjm
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Animation Ping on Solaris Like Cisco Ping

Hi, I develop simple animation ping script on Solaris Platform. It is like Cisco ping. Examples and source code are below. bash-3.00$ gokcell 152.155.180.8 30 Sending 30 Ping Packets to 152.155.180.8 !!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. % 93.33 success... % 6.66 packet loss...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gokcell
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get reason for ping failure using perls Net::Ping->new("icmp");?

Hi I am using perl to ping a list of nodes - with script below : $p = Net::Ping->new("icmp"); if ($p->ping($host,1)){ print "$host is alive.\n"; } else { print "$host is unreacheable.\n"; } $p->close();... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tavanagh
4 Replies

7. SCO

Auditing: how to enable?

edit: solution found Auditing Quick Start and Compatibility Notes (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Enable lpfc changes!

Hi Folks! I am writing a script which changes lpfc.conf if there it has been setup on RHEL BOXes, do I need to put dracut -f for enabling it? I am not sure, Can someone help! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixhead
6 Replies

9. Programming

Ping test sends mail when ping fails

help with bash script! im am working on this script to make sure my server will stay online, so i made this script.. HOSTS="192.168.138.155" COUNT=4 pingtest(){ for myhost in "$@" do ping -c "$COUNT" "$myhost" &&return 1 done return 0 } if pingtest $HOSTS #100% failed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mort3924
4 Replies

10. Linux

Please: a litte help to crosscompile.

I have installed the "mipsel tuxbox" compile suite for crosscompile Host system is x86_64 slackware destination is mipsel32bit "vuduo+" For example,I want to compile a program, I use this script make clean export TOOLCHAIN=/opt/mipsel-tuxbox-linux-gnu export... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
0 Replies
fwb_pix(1)							 Firewall Builder							fwb_pix(1)

NAME
fwb_ipt - Policy compiler for Cisco IOS ACL SYNOPSIS
fwb_iosacl [-vV] [-d wdir] [-4] [-6] [-i] -f data_file.xml object_name DESCRIPTION
fwb_iosacl is firewall policy compiler component of Firewall Builder (see fwbuilder(1)). Compiler reads objects definitions and firewall description from the data file specified with "-f" option and generates resultant Cisco IOS ACL configuration file. The configuration is written to the file with the name the same as the name of the firewall object, plus extension ".fw". Compiler generates extended access lists for Cisco routers running IOS v12.x using "ip access-list <name>" syntax. Compiler also generates "ip access-group" commands to assign access lists to interfaces. Generated ACL configuration can be uploaded to the router manually or using built-in installer in the fwbuilder(1) GUI. The data file and the name of the firewall objects must be specified on the command line. Other command line parameters are optional. OPTIONS
-4 Generate iptables script for IPv4 part of the policy. If any rules of the firewall refer to IPv6 addresses, compiler will skip these rules. Options "-4" and "-6" are exclusive. If neither option is used, compiler tries to generate both parts of the script, although generation of the IPv6 part is controlled by the option "Enable IPv6 support" in the "IPv6" tab of the firewall object advanced settings dialog. This option is off by default. -6 Generate iptables script for IPv6 part of the policy. If any rules of the firewall refer to IPv6 addresses, compiler will skip these rules. -f FILE Specify the name of the data file to be processed. -d wdir Specify working directory. Compiler creates file with ACL configuration in this directory. If this parameter is missing, then gen- erated ACL will be placed in the current working directory. -v Be verbose: compiler prints diagnostic messages when it works. -V Print version number and quit. -i When this option is present, the last argument on the command line is supposed to be firewall object ID rather than its name URL
Firewall Builder home page is located at the following URL: http://www.fwbuilder.org/ BUGS
Please report bugs using bug tracking system on SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=5314&atid=105314 SEE ALSO
fwbuilder(1), fwb_pix(1), fwb_ipfw(1), fwb_ipf(1), fwb_ipt(1) fwb_pf(1) FWB
fwb_pix(1)