Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to enable ping?a litte complex Post 303015710 by Linusolaradm1 on Tuesday 10th of April 2018 02:29:09 PM
Old 04-10-2018
Made it, thanks for help me

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

enable log

dear all i want to enable the below logs can you help me /var/adm/xferlog /var/spool/uucp/.Admin thanx you (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: murad.jaber
0 Replies

2. Linux

How to enable Hibernate

Hi, I want to enable hibernate in my machine. when i click hibernate option, it is throwing message that hibernate is not enabled in kernel. earlier, i was hibernating in the same machine with windows os. any idea ? Thx in advance. Siva (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sivaswami
0 Replies

3. AIX

How to enable XDMCP?

Hello everyone, I installed AIX the other day (several times!) but I can't get XDMCP to work. I remember from when I installed it the last time it worked out of the box. So why doesn't it work now? This is the error message I get: XDMCP fatal error: Session failed Session 2 failed for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kotzkroete
3 Replies

4. AIX

Enable SMT

How to enable SMT in aix 5.2 ml 9? If i run smtctl it gives error ksh: smtctl: not found. please tell me if SMT is supported in 5.2 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vjm
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Animation Ping on Solaris Like Cisco Ping

Hi, I develop simple animation ping script on Solaris Platform. It is like Cisco ping. Examples and source code are below. bash-3.00$ gokcell 152.155.180.8 30 Sending 30 Ping Packets to 152.155.180.8 !!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. % 93.33 success... % 6.66 packet loss...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gokcell
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get reason for ping failure using perls Net::Ping->new("icmp");?

Hi I am using perl to ping a list of nodes - with script below : $p = Net::Ping->new("icmp"); if ($p->ping($host,1)){ print "$host is alive.\n"; } else { print "$host is unreacheable.\n"; } $p->close();... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tavanagh
4 Replies

7. SCO

Auditing: how to enable?

edit: solution found Auditing Quick Start and Compatibility Notes (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Enable lpfc changes!

Hi Folks! I am writing a script which changes lpfc.conf if there it has been setup on RHEL BOXes, do I need to put dracut -f for enabling it? I am not sure, Can someone help! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixhead
6 Replies

9. Programming

Ping test sends mail when ping fails

help with bash script! im am working on this script to make sure my server will stay online, so i made this script.. HOSTS="192.168.138.155" COUNT=4 pingtest(){ for myhost in "$@" do ping -c "$COUNT" "$myhost" &&return 1 done return 0 } if pingtest $HOSTS #100% failed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mort3924
4 Replies

10. Linux

Please: a litte help to crosscompile.

I have installed the "mipsel tuxbox" compile suite for crosscompile Host system is x86_64 slackware destination is mipsel32bit "vuduo+" For example,I want to compile a program, I use this script make clean export TOOLCHAIN=/opt/mipsel-tuxbox-linux-gnu export... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
0 Replies
NETWORKS(5)						    Linux System Administration 					       NETWORKS(5)

NAME
networks - network name information DESCRIPTION
The file /etc/networks is a plain ASCII file that describes known DARPA networks and symbolic names for these networks. Each line repre- sents a network and has the following structure: name number aliases ... where the fields are delimited by spaces or tabs. Empty lines are ignored. If a line contains a hash mark (#), the hash mark and the remaining part of the line are ignored. The field descriptions are: name The symbolic name for the network. number The official number for this network in dotted-decimal notation. The trailing ".0" may be omitted. aliases Optional aliases for the network. This file is read by route or netstat utilities. Only Class A, B or C networks are supported, partitioned networks (i.e. network/26 or network/28) are not supported by this facility. FILES
/etc/networks The networks definition file. SEE ALSO
getnetbyaddr(3), getnetbyname(3), getnetent(3), route(8), netstat(8) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.27 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU
/Linux 2001-12-22 NETWORKS(5)