Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Pkg update 11.2
Operating Systems Solaris Pkg update 11.2 Post 303015699 by psychocandy on Tuesday 10th of April 2018 11:30:24 AM
Old 04-10-2018
Pkg update 11.2

Got a repo server with a combined 11.2/11.3 repository.

I want to update latest security patches on server A (which is 11.2). I dont want to upgrade to 11.3 (app reasons).

If I do pkg update all - is there any danger this will happen? If so, how to proceed?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

pkgadd pkg to an new directory

hi guys, I am wondering instead installing to the default directory, how can I install a package using pkgadd command to a specified directory? I am using solaris 9, thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fedora
1 Replies

2. Solaris

pkg - updateable packages

Hello, I'm creating some installation packages for Solaris 9 and I wonder whether or not the Solaris pkg system support update operation. Creating Solaris Packages says But I havent found out how update works. Like in debian packages, I'd like to detect in the "preinstall" script that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tex-Twil
0 Replies

3. Solaris

pkg-get errors

To day i installed boltpkg, hiow ever when i run either a pkg-get install or a pkg-get -u pkg-get re turns the following errors. pkg-get -u WARNING: no catalog file for site ftp.sunfreeware.com Updating catalog file first Getting catalog... ld.so.1: wget: fatal: libssl.so.0.9.8: open... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: FloridaBSD
3 Replies

4. Solaris

137481-02 pkg

can anyone download this solaris pkg and email to me, it wont let me download it anymore from sunsolve. 137481-02 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dan7225
1 Replies

5. Solaris

How extract SUNWexplo.7.1.pkg & SUNWexplu.7.1.pkg from install_stb.sh?

Hi all, Could please guideas how to extract SUNWexplo.7.2.pkg & SUNWexplu.7.2.pkg from install_stb.sh. I need to upgrade my Sun Explorer to 7.2 version from 7.1 . This what written in read me file about its installation: The Lightweight Availability Collection Tool (LWACT) is no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Pkg problem, one zone trying pkg.Oracle.com on port 1008

Hi Solaris Experts, The pkg utility on one of my non-global zones has stopped working, it's trying to connect to port 1008 at pkg.oracle.com I was using pkg successfully from this zone, but now it's showing this error: lzone1 $ pkg search xterm pkg: Some repositories failed to respond... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ad101
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Pkg update from a local repos

I have a local repos on my dev/tst server. pkg server is online and I can query against it on the local server and any LDOMS and zones hosted on the same server. I have another identical Solaris server that should be accessing the pkg repos via the local network. showmount -e from the local (but... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 11 pkg update question

Hi, I am trying to update my Solaris 11 system's Java 7 version to 1.7.0.65. I tried to do a pke update, and it only updated it to version 60. When I do a pkg list or search, i can see 65 is available but it wont update to it. I am getting this error, and I do not know how to get... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Pkg update: No solution was found to satisfy constraints

I have an x86 Solaris box running 11.2 and have run into the following issue when attempting to run a package update. Has anyone else come across this issue and resolved it successfully, or am I waiting on Oracle to release other updated packages? uname -a SunOS <hostname> 5.11 11.2... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: nova_cyclist
13 Replies

10. Solaris

# pkg publisher gives bash: pkg: command not found

This is the operating system im using Oracle Solaris 10 9/10 s10s_u9wos_14a SPARC I need to install some packages by setting local repository While i run the below command # pkg publisher command returns bash: pkg: command not found while looking for /usr/bin/pkg i get bash:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: babinlonston
2 Replies
REDHAT-UPGRADE-TOOL(8)					  redhat-upgrade-tool User Manual				    REDHAT-UPGRADE-TOOL(8)

NAME
redhat-upgrade-tool - Red Hat Upgrade tool SYNOPSIS
redhat-upgrade-tool [OPTIONS] SOURCE DESCRIPTION
redhat-upgrade-tool is the Red Hat Upgrade tool. The redhat-upgrade-tool client runs on the system to be upgraded. It determines what packages are needed for upgrade and gathers them from the source(s) given. It also fetches and sets up the boot images needed to run the upgrade and sets up the system to perform the upgrade at next boot. The actual upgrade takes place when the system is rebooted, using the boot images set up by redhat-upgrade-tool. The upgrade initrd starts the existing system (mostly) as normal, lets it mount all the local filesystems, then starts the upgrade. When the upgrade finishes, it reboots the system into the newly-upgraded OS. OPTIONS
Optional arguments -h, --help Show a help message and exit. -v, --verbose Print more info. -d, --debug Print lots of debugging info. --debuglog DEBUGLOG Write debugging output to the given file. Defaults to /var/log/redhat-upgrade-tool.log. --reboot Automatically reboot to start the upgrade when ready. SOURCE These options tell redhat-upgrade-tool where to look for the packages and boot images needed to run the upgrade. At least one of these options is required. --device [DEV] Device or mountpoint of mounted install media. If DEV is omitted, redhat-upgrade-tool will scan all currently-mounted removable devices (USB disks, optical media, etc.) --iso ISO Installation image file. --network VERSION Online repos matching VERSION (a number or "rawhide") Multiple sources may be used, if desired. Additional options for --network --enablerepo REPOID Enable one or more repos (wildcards allowed). --disablerepo REPOID Disable one or more repos (wildcards allowed). --addrepo REPOID=[@]URL Add the repo at URL. Prefix URL with @ to indicate that the URL is a mirrorlist. --instrepo REPOID Get upgrader boot images from the repo named REPOID. The repo must contain a valid .treeinfo file which points to the location of usable kernel and upgrade images. Cleanup commands --resetbootloader Remove any modifications made to bootloader configuration. --clean Clean up everything written by redhat-upgrade-tool. EXAMPLES
redhat-upgrade-tool --network 7.0 --instrepo <repo URL> Upgrade to RHEL 7.0 by downloading all needed packages and data from the specified repository. redhat-upgrade-tool --device --network 7.0 Upgrade to RHEL 7.0 using install media mounted somewhere on the system, fetching updates from the network if needed. EXIT STATUS
0 Success. 1 Cancelled by user, failure writing files to disk, or other unknown error 2 Failed to download/copy files from the given SOURCE 3 RPM upgrade transaction test failed BUGS
The --iso image must be on a filesystem listed in /etc/fstab. AUTHORS
Will Woods <wwoods@redhat.com> redhat-upgrade-tool 11/08/2013 REDHAT-UPGRADE-TOOL(8)