Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: iptables - allow MySql
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users iptables - allow MySql Post 303015683 by stomp on Tuesday 10th of April 2018 07:04:49 AM
Old 04-10-2018
Quote:
Check/Show your complete firewall rule set(iptables -L -v n):
That one is still open.

And for the record, the answer in the first place, which gets us most information about your situation and error to be able to best help you would have been this:
  1. What I have executed is this: mysql -h 1.2.3.4
  2. What I got is this: ERROR 2003 (HY000): Can't connect to MySQL server on '1.2.3.4' (101 "Network is unreachable")

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

MySQL problem >> missing mysql.sock

MySQL on my server is down.... I figured out that the mysqld process isn't running. When I try to run it, it says it can't find mysql.sock Any suggestions? Here's what I can't do: can't be root don't have physical access (do stuff via SSH) reinstall MySQL (need to keep the current MySQL... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: _hp_
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mysql would not start: missing mysql.sock

I recently installed mysql-standard-5.0.21-solaris9-sparc-64bit.pkg on a Solaris 9 machine (SunOS 5.9 Generic_118558-19 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-250). The package installation went very smooth, however, starting mysql is a different story. I get the message below everytime I try to start mysql: #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xnightcrawl
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

MySQL conflicts with mysql-3.23.58-16.RHEL3.1

I am tring to install mysql 5.0 on redhat linux3. In this server mysql 3 is already installed and hence while I install mysql 5 it gives the following error. How I can install mysql 5 with out affect previous installation? bash-2.05b# rpm -i MySQL-server-community-5.0.41-0.rhel3.i386.rpm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnveslin
2 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

MySQL Daemon failed to start - no mysql.sock file

After doing a yum install mysql mysql-server on Fedora 14 I wasn't able to fully install the packages correctly. It installed MySQL 5.1. I was getting the following error when running the: mysql ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jastanle84
3 Replies

5. IP Networking

Iptables Log in mysql

Hello all friends I am using ulogd with iptables to import iptables log into mysql but it is not working , Is there any way to log iptables log into mysql , i am using centos 6 Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rink
0 Replies
cvm-mysql(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      cvm-mysql(8)

NAME
cvm-mysql - MySQL module SYNOPSIS
cvm-mysql CREDENTIALS
Pass phrase DESCRIPTION
This module queries a MySQL database for the account name, compares the stored pass phrase with the given one using crypt(3). CONFIGURATION VARIABLES
CVM_MYSQL_DEFAULT_FILE The full path of the defaults file to read if the following variable is set. If not set, the file $HOME/.my.cnf will be read (the MySQL default). CVM_MYSQL_DEFAULT_GROUP If set, the module will read connection default options from the named group in the defaults file as above CVM_MYSQL_HOST The hostname or IP of the MySQL server. If not set, a connection to the local host is assumed. CVM_MYSQL_USER The MySQL login ID to connect as. If not set, the invoking user is assumed. CVM_MYSQL_PASS The password for the above user. CVM_MYSQL_DB The database name, must be set. CVM_MYSQL_PORT The port number for the TCP/IP connection (only used if the server is not local). CVM_MYSQL_POSTQ (optional) The SQL query to execute after the credentials have been validated, see cvm-sql(7). CVM_MYSQL_PWCMP (optional) The password comparison module to use. CVM_MYSQL_SOCKET The path to the socket that should be used for connections to a local server. CVM_MYSQL_QUERY (optional) The SQL query to issue to retrieve the row containing the account information from the database, see cvm-sql(7). SEE ALSO
cvm-sql(7), cvm-pgsql(8), cvm-pwfile(8), cvm-qmail(8), cvm-unix(8), cvm-vmailmgr(8), cvm-benchclient(8), cvm-checkpassword(8), cvm-test- client(8) http://untroubled.org/pwcmp/pwcmp.html http://untroubled.org/cvm/cvm.html cvm-mysql(8)