Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: iptables - allow MySql
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users iptables - allow MySql Post 303015679 by stomp on Tuesday 10th of April 2018 06:34:01 AM
Old 04-10-2018
Quote:
Unfortunately they dont seem to be working
What do you mean by saying it is not working?
  • What exactly are you doing(actually typed in commands)?
  • What is the exact error message you got?
  • What interfaces is your mysql server configured to listen to(netstat -ntlp)
  • Making mysql listen to non-local interfaces should done with care because it may open a security threat if not done properly.

Last edited by stomp; 04-10-2018 at 07:43 AM..

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

MySQL problem >> missing mysql.sock

MySQL on my server is down.... I figured out that the mysqld process isn't running. When I try to run it, it says it can't find mysql.sock Any suggestions? Here's what I can't do: can't be root don't have physical access (do stuff via SSH) reinstall MySQL (need to keep the current MySQL... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: _hp_
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mysql would not start: missing mysql.sock

I recently installed mysql-standard-5.0.21-solaris9-sparc-64bit.pkg on a Solaris 9 machine (SunOS 5.9 Generic_118558-19 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-250). The package installation went very smooth, however, starting mysql is a different story. I get the message below everytime I try to start mysql: #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xnightcrawl
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

MySQL conflicts with mysql-3.23.58-16.RHEL3.1

I am tring to install mysql 5.0 on redhat linux3. In this server mysql 3 is already installed and hence while I install mysql 5 it gives the following error. How I can install mysql 5 with out affect previous installation? bash-2.05b# rpm -i MySQL-server-community-5.0.41-0.rhel3.i386.rpm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnveslin
2 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

MySQL Daemon failed to start - no mysql.sock file

After doing a yum install mysql mysql-server on Fedora 14 I wasn't able to fully install the packages correctly. It installed MySQL 5.1. I was getting the following error when running the: mysql ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jastanle84
3 Replies

5. IP Networking

Iptables Log in mysql

Hello all friends I am using ulogd with iptables to import iptables log into mysql but it is not working , Is there any way to log iptables log into mysql , i am using centos 6 Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rink
0 Replies
nca.if(4)							   File Formats 							 nca.if(4)

NAME
nca.if - the NCA configuration file that specifies physical interfaces SYNOPSIS
/etc/nca/nca.if DESCRIPTION
Specify the physical interfaces for which the Solaris Network Cache and Accelerator ("NCA") feature will be configured in the nca.if con- figuration file. List the physical interfaces in the file, one per line. To configure NCA to listen on all physical interfaces present on the system backed by a hostname.{interface_name}, then list only an asterik ("*") in nca.if. When the ncakmod(1) initialization script is invoked during system boot, it will attempt to configure each physical interface specified in the nca.if file by using ncaconfd(1M). Note that there must be an accompanying hostname.{interface_name} file and an entry in /etc/hosts for the contents of hostname.{interface_name}. You must reboot in order to implement changes to the nca.if file. EXAMPLES
x86 Example 1 nca.if on x86 The following is an example of an nca.if file that would be used on an x86 system: iprb1 iprb6 iprb8 SPARC Example 2 nca.if on SPARC The following is an example of an nca.if file that would be used on a SPARC system: hme2 hme3 hme4 All Platforms Example 3 Configuring NCA to Listen on All Physical Interfaces The following example shows the contents of an nca.if file that would be used to configure either platform to listen on all physical inter- faces present on the system: * FILES
/etc/nca/nca.if Lists the physical interfaces on which NCA will run. /etc/hostname.{}{0-9} Lists all physical interfaces configured on the server. /etc/hosts Lists all host names associated with the server. Entries in this file must match with entries in /etc/host- name.{}{0-9} for NCA to function. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWncar | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
nca(1), ncab2clf(1), ncakmod(1), ifconfig(1M), ncakmod.conf(4), ncalogd.conf(4), attributes(5) System Administration Guide: IP Services SunOS 5.11 18 Feb 2003 nca.if(4)