Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Remove whitespaces between delimiter and characters Post 303015666 by RudiC on Tuesday 10th of April 2018 03:28:21 AM
Old 04-10-2018
Like so?
Code:
sed ':L; s/| \+|/|0|/; tL; s/ *| */|/g' file
CS123|0|0||5897|QXCYN87876 some text

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

help me to remove the whitespaces between the lines ...urgent

Hello all, i have a problem. please help me to remove the white spaces and tabs betweeen line. i.e., file1 contains some text.. text starts_hdsffdsd sdfsddssdds******** sdfsdsd*********** sdfsdsdfsdsdfsdsds*** ****fsd_test_ends one or 2 blank lines (* indicates white spaces or tabs) ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumar1
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting a text file based on newline and delimiter characters

Hi Everybody, I need some help on formatting the files coming into unix box on the fly. I get a file some thing like this in a single line. ISA^M00^M ^M00^M ^M14^M006929681900 ^M01^M095449419 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ntekupal
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove whitespaces between comma separated fields from file

Hello all, I am a unix dummy. I am trying to remove spaces between fields. I have the file in the following format 12332432, 2345 , asdfsdf ,100216 , 9999999 12332431, 2341 , asdfsd2 ,100213 , 9999999 &... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitinbjoshi
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove spaces before a delimiter

Hi All, I need to modify a script to remove spaces from a csv file. The csv file is delimited by the '~' character and I need to remove the spaces which appear before this character. i.e Sample input: LQ001 SWAT 11767727 ~9104 ~001 ~NIRSWA TEST 18 ~2 ~Standard Test ~0011 Desired... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SRyan84
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple characters including single quote in delimiter

Hello, I need to replace the comma to something else between the single quote: 1aaa,bbb,'cc,cc','ddd',1 2aaa,bbb,'ccc','d,d',0 to 1aaa,bbb,'cc<comma>cc','ddd',1 2aaa,bbb,'ccc','d<comma>d',0 Can someone help? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bgirl
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove whitespaces in the n first characters?

I assume removing whitespaces in the n first characters of a string would be an easy task for sed? If so, how? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: KidCactus
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove delimiter

hy all, i need case with input like this 1::||10334|11751| 2::10324|17541||| i want output like this 1::||1033411751| 2::1032417541||| how i can do that for get like output thx before your advice (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zvtral
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove text in particular delimiter

I have input file like this 551|552|553|554|555|556|557|558|559|560 I need any one offset need to be blank for eg. 551|552|553||555|556|557|558|559|560 My Shell is csh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nsuresh316
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove Extra Delimiter

Hi , I have file like this.. aaa|bbbb|cccc|dddd|fff|dsaaFFDFD| Adsads|sas|sa|as|asa|saddas|dsasd|sdad| dsas|dss|sss|sss|ddd|dssd|rrr|fddf| www|fff|refd|dads|fsdf|00sd| 5fgdg|dfs00|d55f|sfds55|445fsd|55ds|sdf| so I do no have any fix pattern and I want to remove extra... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajchaudhari
11 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to remove the delimiter from the column value within a file?

Hello All, we have some 10 files wherein we are using the ASCII NULL as separator which is nothing but '^@' and we need to change it to pipe delimited file before loading to database. Most of the data seems to be fine but there are instances where this separator tends to appear in the middle of... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dJHa
9 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)