Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Why double "\" required?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Why double "\" required? Post 303015648 by RavinderSingh13 on Monday 9th of April 2018 01:19:31 PM
Old 04-09-2018
Hello green_k,

\\( means escape \ to remove its special meaning. If you will put ( without \ will be treated as sub's starting ( parenthesis and it will give error.

Thanks,
R. Singh
This User Gave Thanks to RavinderSingh13 For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. Solaris

sendmail "root... User address required." error

I'm running sendmail (8.13.8+Sun/8.13.8/Submit) solaris 10. When I send mail to root at the command line (whether I use a full-qualified address or just root), I get the error message root... User address required. Sending mail to root (either at the command line or in a cron job),... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: csgonan
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

4. Programming

"lvalue required as left operand of assignment" error in C

Hey all. I've been working on some fun with C and decided to write a Rock Paper Scissors game. The problem is, that when I try to compile the file, it gives "lvalue required as left operand of assignment" error. The error line is here: for ((point1=0 && point2=0); ((point1=3) || (point2=3));... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: drouzzin
4 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Compiler error "lvalue required as left operand of assignment"

1. After trying to compile code error is given Lvalue required as left operand of assignment. 2. Relevant commands, code, scripts, algorithms: if , else if 3. The attempts at a solution (include all code and scripts): /* File: incircles.cpp Created by: James Selhorst ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: c++newb
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

8. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
put(9E) 							Driver Entry Points							   put(9E)

NAME
put - receive messages from the preceding queue SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/stream.h> #include <sys/stropts.h> #include <sys/ddi.h> #include <sys/sunddi.h> int prefixrput(queue_t *q, mblk_t *mp); /* read side */ int prefixwput(queue_t *q, mblk_t *mp); /* write side */ INTERFACE LEVEL
Architecture independent level 1 (DDI/DKI). This entry point is required for STREAMS. ARGUMENTS
q Pointer to the queue(9S) structure. mp Pointer to the message block. DESCRIPTION
The primary task of the put() routine is to coordinate the passing of messages from one queue to the next in a stream. The put() routine is called by the preceding stream component (stream module, driver, or stream head). put() routines are designated ``write'' or ``read'' depending on the direction of message flow. With few exceptions, a streams module or driver must have a put() routine. One exception is the read side of a driver, which does not need a put() routine because there is no component downstream to call it. The put() routine is always called before the component's correspond- ing srv(9E) (service) routine, and so put() should be used for the immediate processing of messages. A put() routine must do at least one of the following when it receives a message: o pass the message to the next component on the stream by calling the putnext(9F) function; o process the message, if immediate processing is required (for example, to handle high priority messages); or o enqueue the message (with the putq(9F) function) for deferred processing by the service srv(9E) routine. Typically, a put() routine will switch on message type, which is contained in the db_type member of the datab structure pointed to by mp. The action taken by the put() routine depends on the message type. For example, a put() routine might process high priority messages, enqueue normal messages, and handle an unrecognized M_IOCTL message by changing its type to M_IOCNAK (negative acknowledgement) and sending it back to the stream head using the qreply(9F) function. The putq(9F) function can be used as a module's put() routine when no special processing is required and all messages are to be enqueued for the srv(9E) routine. RETURN VALUES
Ignored. CONTEXT
put() routines do not have user context. SEE ALSO
srv(9E), putctl(9F), putctl1(9F), putnext(9F), putnextctl(9F), putnextctl1(9F), putq(9F), qreply(9F), queue(9S), streamtab(9S) Writing Device Drivers STREAMS Programming Guide SunOS 5.10 12 Nov 1992 put(9E)