Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers How to extract when filename contains file seperator..? Post 303015622 by gnnsprapa on Monday 9th of April 2018 05:31:51 AM
Old 04-09-2018
How to extract when filename contains file seperator..?

Hi,
I want to extract part of filename, for eg:

Code:
File="010020004_S-TOR-Sort-CASAP_20170519_121504_0007.TXT"

here i need first 5 words of file i.e.

Code:
FilePart="$(echo "${File%[-_]"${File#*[_-]*[-_]*[_-]*[_-]*[_-]*}"}")"
Echo $FilePart
010020004_S-TOR-Sort-CASAP

But what if i get filename like below:

Code:
File="010020004_S-TOR-Sort-CAS_P_20170519_121504_0007.TXT"
FilePart="$(echo "${File%[-_]"${File#*[_-]*[-_]*[_-]*[_-]*[_-]*}"}")"
Echo $FilePart
010020004_S-TOR-Sort-CAS

So in second file filename contains [_-] as seperators but "_" is present in filename itself..is there any way i can skip specific seperator and ignore if "_' is not seperator.

Kindly help me out on this
TIA

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

extract only filename

Hi, I want to display only the file names of the ls command with a delimiter of comma. For example:- ls /etc/dir/N* gives the following output /etc/dir/N1 /etc/dir/N2 /etc/dir/N3 I want the output as N1,N2,N3,-->Here i need the final comma also. Also, here /etc/dir is being... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dnat
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add a field seperator in a file.

"355"|""|"NJ"|"A0A 1W0"|"V"|""|""|""|"N" I've the above sample data seperated with pipe delimeter and in the file I want to replace a space with "|" to the 4th field so the result would be like below. So it would change from 9 fields to 10 fields. "355"|""|"NJ"|"A0A"|"1W0"|"V"|""|""|""|"N" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rudoraj
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract timestamp from the filename?

Hi., My file name is of the format: name_abc_20100531_142528.txt where., my timestamp is of the format: yyyymmdd_hhmmss How to extract the date strring and time string into seperate variables in the shell script, after reading the file as the input? I want to get the variables... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: av_vinay
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract first line of a file and use as filename

I am trying to find a way to create a script which will extract the first line of a file and then rename the file (or create a new file with the same content as the old file) using the first line as the name. The first line being a single word, that is. I am hopeless at programming, if anyone can... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: s.plumb
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract date from filename and create a new file

Hi, i have a filename CRED20102009.txt in a server 20102009 is the date of the file ddmmaaaa format the complete route is /dprod/informatica/Fuentes/CRED20102009.csv i want to extract the date to create a new file named Parameters.txt I need to create Parameters.txt with this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: angel1001
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract every filename containing certain string in a directory and do some commend per file

Hi, Here is my question: suppose I have files like 1990_8xdaily_atmos.nc 1991_8xdaily_atmos.nc 1992_8xdaily_atmos.nc 1993_8xdaily_atmos.nc 1990_daily_atmos.nc 1991_daily_atmos.nc 1992_daily_atmos.nc 1993_daily_atmos.nc 1990_month_atmos.nc 1991_month_atmos.nc 1992_month_atmos.nc... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 1988PF
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

to extract all the part of the filename before a particular word in the filename

Hi All, Thanks in Advance I am working on a shell script. I need some assistance. My Requirement: 1) There are some set of files in a directory like given below OTP_UFSC_20120530000000_acc.csv OTP_UFSC_20120530000000_faf.csv OTP_UFSC_20120530000000_prom.csv... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aealexanderraj
0 Replies

8. Programming

to extract all the part of the filename before a particular word in the filename

Hi All, Thanks in Advance I am working on a shell script. I need some assistance. My code: if then set "subscriber" "promplan" "mapping" "dedicatedaccount" "faflistSub" "faflistAcc" "accumulator"\ "pam_account"; for i in 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8;... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aealexanderraj
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract string from filename

Hi I need to extract the string from file name filename: FILENAME_STRUT_01032013_XXXXXXX.TXT I want 01032013 from the above file name. number of characters may differ before the required string but underscores(-) are same number i.e. after second underscore. Please advise on this. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cnrj
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data according to keys from filename mentioned in file

Hello experts, I want to join a file with files whosE names are mentioned in one of the columns of the same file. File 1 t1,a,b,file number 1 t1,a,c,file number 1 t2,c,d,file number 2 t2,c,e,file number 2 t2,c,f,file number 2 t2,c,g,file number 2 t3,e,f,file number 3 file number 1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritakadm
3 Replies
TOR-RESOLVE(1)							    Tor Manual							    TOR-RESOLVE(1)

NAME
tor-resolve - resolve a hostname to an IP address via tor SYNOPSIS
tor-resolve [-4|-5] [-v] [-x] hostname [sockshost[:socksport]] DESCRIPTION
tor-resolve is a simple script to connect to a SOCKS proxy that knows about the SOCKS RESOLVE command, hand it a hostname, and return an IP address. By default, tor-resolve uses the Tor server running on 127.0.0.1 on SOCKS port 9050. If this isn't what you want, you should specify an explicit sockshost and/or socksport on the command line. OPTIONS
-v Display verbose output. -x Perform a reverse lookup: get the PTR record for an IPv4 address. -5 Use the SOCKS5 protocol. (Default) -4 Use the SOCKS4a protocol rather than the default SOCKS5 protocol. Doesn't support reverse DNS. SEE ALSO
tor(1), torify(1). See doc/socks-extensions.txt in the Tor package for protocol details. AUTHORS
Roger Dingledine <arma@mit.edu>, Nick Mathewson <nickm@alum.mit.edu>. AUTHOR
Peter Palfrader Author. Tor 09/26/2014 TOR-RESOLVE(1)