Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Extract only first occurance
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Extract only first occurance Post 303015551 by arunkumar_mca on Friday 6th of April 2018 01:24:19 PM
Old 04-06-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudiC
Any attempts / ideas / thoughts from your side?

First occurrence of what?

First occurance of first field. For example 11001 having many rows. I want to get only first row

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: last occurance

Hi All, I need to extract the last occurance of a pattern match. So far I've got the code below which extracts the first occurance. Any ideas how I can modify it so that it extracts the last? BEGIN {} { if (data++ == 0) ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: pondlife
17 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert values in 1st occurance out of two occurance in a file

Hi I have a file which contains the following two lines which are same But I would like to insert the value=8.8.8.8 in the 1st occurance line and value=9.9.9.9 in the 2nd occurance line. <parameter name="TestIp1" value=""> <parameter name="TestIp1" value=""> Please suggest (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madhusmita
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split on last occurance

I want to call a script like this: ./somescript some-thing.knows.what.ending Inside the script it needs to split at last .(period) so I can: a=some-thing.knows.what b=ending I know I can do it in perl but im still learing awk and sed. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ikon
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

First occurance

A PERL script that prints just the first occurrence of a string in a file and immediately exits (the string and the filename are the first and the second command line arguments; I used filehandle to open an input file). (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aadi_uni
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract till occurance of a string

hi , i have an xml that comes in a single, the entire xml file is read as a single line when i open in edit plus or unix. i need to amend the contents of this xml file. below is the extract from the file <rpc-reply xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:base:1.0"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sais
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to grep for '--' occurance

Hello Im trying to grep for a string in grub.conf . I've used the -F option since its a long string, but when i execute, i run into errors. Script and output below. GRUBPASSWD="password --md5 xyz" if grep -Fxq $GRUBPASSWD /etc/grub.conf then . . output: grep: unrecognized option... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bludhemn
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace every second occurance of a string

I want to replace every 2nd occurance of a string/character from a line. ababacbsbddbsbbcbdbssb i want to replace every s2nd b with @ like below should be like aba@acbs@ddbs@bc@dbss@ (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ratheeshjulk
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple occurance of file

Hi all, I have file structure as file.log 84t-rw-r--r-- 1 emily04 us_cms 24492717 Oct 5 13:29 vgtree_84_1_K3L.root 85t-rw-r--r-- 1 emily04 us_cms 50410380 Oct 5 16:06 vgtree_85_1_uZv.root 85t-rw-r--r-- 1 emily04 us_cms 50567380 Oct 5 16:06 vgtree_85_1_hjv.root 86t-rw-r--r-- 1 emily04... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract multiple occurance of strings between 2 patterns

I need to extract multiple occurance strings between 2 different patterns in given line. For e.g. in below as input ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- mike(hussey) AND mike(donald) AND mike(ryan) AND mike(johnson)... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sameermohite
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh sed - Extract specific lines with mulitple occurance of interesting lines

Data file example I look for primary and * to isolate the interesting slot number. slot=`sed '/^primary$/,/\*/!d' filename | tail -1 | sed s'/*//' | awk '{print $1" "$2}'` Now I want to get the Touch line for only the associate slot number, in this case, because the asterisk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
2 Replies
INGRES_FETCH_ROW(3)							 1						       INGRES_FETCH_ROW(3)

ingres_fetch_row - Fetch a row of result into an enumerated array

SYNOPSIS
array ingres_fetch_row (resource $result) DESCRIPTION
ingres_fetch_row(3) returns an array that corresponds to the fetched row, or FALSE if there are no more rows. Each result column is stored in an array offset, starting at offset 1. Subsequent calls to ingres_fetch_row(3) return the next row in the result set, or FALSE if there are no more rows. By default, arrays created by ingres_fetch_row(3) start from position 1 and not 0 as with other DBMS extensions. The starting position can be adjusted to 0 using the configuration parameter ingres.array_index_start. Note Related Configurations See also the ingres.array_index_start, ingres.fetch_buffer_size and ingres.utf8 directives in Runtime Configuration. PARAMETERS
o $result - The query result identifier RETURN VALUES
Returns an array that corresponds to the fetched row, or FALSE if there are no more rows EXAMPLES
Example #1 Fetch a row of result into an enumerated array <?php $link = ingres_connect($database, $user, $password); $result = ingres_query($link, "select * from table"); while ($row = ingres_fetch_row($result)) { echo $row[1]; echo $row[2]; } ?> SEE ALSO
ingres_num_fields(3), ingres_query(3), ingres_fetch_array(3), ingres_fetch_assoc(3), ingres_fetch_object(3). PHP Documentation Group INGRES_FETCH_ROW(3)