Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Execute a Command in a .Dat File and use it in other Files Post 303015541 by jgt on Friday 6th of April 2018 12:51:37 PM
Old 04-06-2018
Maybe.
Depends upon how the config file is made available to the script.
If the config file is a list of ordered pairs:
Code:
user<separator>username
base_directory<separator>/home
etc

then the answer is no, if however the config file looks like:
Code:
user=username; export user
password=abcdef; export password

and the config file is included in the script with
Code:
. config_file

then changing the password line to:
Code:
password=$(getpasswd); export password

should work.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare two .dat files and if there is any difference pulled into a separate file

Hi, compare two .dat files and difference will be moved into separate file.if anybody having code for this please send asap. using diff command, i don't know how to write shell programming. and my first file is like this including Header and trailer 10Ç20060323Ç01(Header) 01ÇIÇbabuÇ3000 01ÇIÇbaluÇ4000... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kirankumar
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using cp -r command to selectively omit *.dat files while copying a directory.

Hi all, I want to copy a directory named Ec1 to another directory named Ec2, newly created. But Ec1 has a bunch of *.dat files and many many other kinds of files. Whle creating Ec2, I selectively want to omit the *.dat files since they are huge files of the order of 100 MBs and there are... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: d_sai_kumar
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute .dat file from a shell script

Hi, I have a .dat file in my home directory of UNIX. I want this file to be executed by a shell script. Please help me out a.s.a.p (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: user9526
2 Replies

4. Programming

Assign a command to execute a file

Hi all, I want to assign a command name to a file.e.g. suppose I have a .sh file "xyz.sh". I want to execute the file by typing in "abc". The desired output is: $ abc should execute the "xyz.sh" file. Kind Regards, Qasim (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: qasim
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

For Loop to execute a command on a series of files

Hello, I have a set of input data that I split into batches using the following command: split -l 4000000 MyInput.in Split_a Once I get the split files, I run a certain command on the split files that spews an output. So far I have been doing it without a for loop. How can I translate the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gussifinknottle
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

find specific file names and execute a command depending on file's name

Hi, As a newbie, I'm desperate ro make my shell script work. I'd like a script which checks all the files in a directory, check the file name, if the file name ends with "extracted", store it in a variable, if it has a suffix of ".roi" stores in another variable. I'm going to use these two... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: armando110
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command on .DAT file not working?

Hi All, I am trying to run awk command on .DAT file and it is not working. The same command is working on .txt file: Contents of the file ZZ_55555555_444444_ZZZZZZ_7777777_888_99.DAT: HEADER|ZZ_55555555_444444_ZZZZZZ_7777777_888_99.DAT... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagar.cumar
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Getting distinct record count from a .dat file using UNIX command

Hi, I have a .dat file with contents like the below: Input file ============SEQ NO-1: COLUMN1========== 9835619 7152815 ============SEQ NO-2: COLUMN2 ========== 7615348 7015548 9373086 ============SEQ NO-3: COLUMN3=========== 9373086 Expected Output: (I just... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MS06
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use 'ls' command to list files like *.dat, not *.*.dat?

How to use 'ls' command to list files like *.dat, not *.*.dat (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmcginni777
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed command to replace "|" with ^ for all *.dat files in a folder not working

I am trying to use the below sed command to replace all "|" to ^, in a folder had 50 dat files. when i tried with 1 file it worked but when i tried with wild card, is not working. sed -i 's/"|"/\^/g' *.dat Is this the proper way to use sed command thank you very much for help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cplusplus1
3 Replies
NWAUTH(1)							      nwauth								 NWAUTH(1)

NAME
nwauth - Verify username/password SYNOPSIS
nwauth [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -D ] DESCRIPTION
nwauth does nothing but logging into a NetWare server. If the login was successful, an error code of 0 is returned. If the login was not successful, an error code of 1 is returned. It was designed for use by other programs who want authenticate users via a NetWare server. If there is no -P or -n option specified on command line, nwauth always expects a password on stdin. If the stdin is a tty, then the user is prompted for a password. Otherwise nwauth simply reads stdin for a password. nwauth looks up the file $HOME/.nwclient to find a file server and a user name if they are not specified on command line. See nwclient(5) for more information. Please note that the access permissions of .nwclient MUST be 600, for security reasons. OPTIONS
-h -h is used to print a short help text. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user name If the user name your NetWare administrator gave to you differs from your unix user-id, you should use -U to tell the server about your NetWare user name. -D nwauth says that your password is correct if you have existing connection to server with name user name. This is handy for some shell scripts, but it is unacceptable for authorization modules, such as PAM, PHP or Apache. It was pointed to me that this behavior was not well known, and there exist at least one PAM module which does not know that (this module is not part of ncpfs; you should use PAM mod- ule which comes with ncpfs instead anyway). SEE ALSO
nwclient(5) CREDITS
nwauth was written by Volker Lendecke (lendecke@math.uni-goettingen.de) nwauth 10/27/1996 NWAUTH(1)