Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Hotfolder with inotify-tools, loop FOR not working Post 303015533 by RudiC on Friday 6th of April 2018 08:51:47 AM
Old 04-06-2018
If it is an empty folder, why should ANY file be copied from there?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

if loop is not working

Hello i am trying to remove a line using an input file , but this depends upon user interaction here is the sample #!/bin/sh echo "Please enter whether you want to remove Profile" read value1 if ;then sed /movie/d temp.txt> temp3.txt else echo "Script didnot remove profile" fi ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranga27
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

For loop not working...! :(

Could some one help me on this... For loop is working...! for x in $i do for y in $j do z=`echo $y | awk '{print $2}'` if then FS=`/usr/bin/echo $y` echo $FS >>$Basic_location/out.csv fi done CPRT="Cpoyright @ BTOIDCIM" done (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bullz26
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

While loop not working

here we go.. While loop is not working file.. It also invokes one more shell scripts for which parameters need to passed on. while read line do #### #### We want to have a logfile for each load #### PLog="${LogDir}/${Script}.log"; #### ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: premkumardr
5 Replies

4. SCO

inotify() in SCO UNIX

Hi I'm going to write a program in C language to watch activity on file system in SCO UNIX openserver 5.0.6. Apparently Linux provide an API called "inotify" , I'm wondering what's the SCO UNIX package for this ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: javad1_maroofi
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

while loop not working

hi everyone i am facing a very strange problem . please help me why my while loop is not working. below is my code #!/bin/ksh file=RCMC_ABC_999_080924_210813.DAR echo ${file} value=001 count=10 echo "abc" echo ${count} value=$((${value} + 1 )) echo ${value} while ] do echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aishsimplesweet
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Dynamically add paths to inotify

I have initiated an inotify process with --fromfile option and the file contain the paths to be monitored. /usr/local/maldetect/inotify/inotifywait -d -r -o /usr/local/maldetect/inotify/inotify_log --fromfile /usr/local/maldetect/sess/inotify.paths.28364 --exclude (^/var/tmp/mysql.sock)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil510
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

For-loop not working

Hello all, I would like to unzip some files with a for-loop. Is there anyone who could tell me how I should do this - in a correct way? for file in $(ls); do echo gzip -d < $file | tar xf -; done The problem is the pipe - I believe. But how could I do it? I need it for the command... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: API
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

Issues installing inotify-tools on RedHat Linux

I wish to install inotify-tools-3.20.1-2.4.x86_64.rpm on Linux and fire inotifywait command. Initially i was looking for "inotify-tools-3.xx.tar.gz" as instructed here http://jensd.be/248/linux/use-inotify-tools-on-centos-7-or-rhel-7-to-watch-files-and-directories-for-events I have... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Tip: inotify cron

Dear members, moderators and others. While working on <insert project>, a need has surfaced to watch a directory, and when a file comes, to do appropriate action. So, i started writing some shell code, aware of linux inotify-tools package with inotifywait. Also, i'm seeing a lot of similar... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Peasant
1 Replies
rmf(1)							      General Commands Manual							    rmf(1)

NAME
rmf - remove folder (only available within the message handling system, mh) SYNOPSIS
rmf [+folder] [-help] [-[no]interactive] OPTIONS
Prints a list of the valid options to this command. Asks for confirmation before deleting a folder. By default, rmf deletes a folder and its messages without asking for confirmation. If you specify the -interactive option, rmf asks if you are sure before deleting the folder. You are advised to use this option, since when rmf deletes a folder its contents are lost irretrievably. DESCRIPTION
The rmf command removes all of the messages within the current folder, and then removes the folder itself. If there are any files within the folder which are not part of MH, they are not removed, and an error message is displayed. You can specify a folder other than the current folder by using the +folder argument. If you do not specify a folder, and rmf cannot find the current folder,rmf asks you whether you want to delete +inbox instead. If the current folder is removed, it makes +inbox current. Note that the rmf command irreversibly deletes messages that do not have other links, so use it with caution. If the folder being removed is a sub-folder, the parent folder becomes the new current folder, and rmf tells you that this has happened. This provides an easy mechanism for selecting a set of messages, operating on the list, then removing the list and returning to the current folder from which the list was extracted. Using rmf to delete a read-only folder deletes the private sequence and current message information from the file, without affecting the folder itself. If you have sub-folders within a folder, you must delete all the sub-folders before you can delete the folder itself. PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's Mail directory EXAMPLES
This example shows how rmf asks for confirmation when the -interactive option is used: % rmf -interactive +test Remove folder "test"? y FILES
The user profile. SEE ALSO
rmm(1) rmf(1)