Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers How to increment version inside a file? Post 303015485 by Neo on Thursday 5th of April 2018 12:49:51 PM
Old 04-05-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshayupadhayay
It is my first post on this forum ...
akshayupadhayay,

This will be your last post here if you are going to post here with a combative attitude.

I reviewed Don's question to you about homework and your reply, and I find you could have simply answered his question in a professional way instead of posting all the wise cracks and anti-forum mod BS.

So, if you want to post here do not be a jerk to our mods,

If you want to be a jerk, then of course you can post elsewhere. This is a free forum with a steller reputation and if you want to come here and stir up trouble with our mods, I will ban you.

Our mods do a great job and they have plenty of things to do besides be abused from first time posters.

Thread closed.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increment userid in file

Hello, does anyone know how to increment a userid(number) written in any scripting language that works on a shell? For example: I have a HTML file in this format: userid: name: telephone: Every time I execute my script it adds the same fields, except with the userid incremented. Like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dejavu88
2 Replies

2. AIX

checking the version revisions of a java file inside the ear using KSHELL in AIX.

consider on day1, in PVCS repository we have java files like a.java,b.java with version revision 1.0, through ANT build script we have compiled and created an ear,named c.ear in AIX build server.we have transfered this ear from build server to portal server through FTP using KSHELL. consider... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kareemaashik
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check file and increment

My scripts excepts 4 files ABCD_01 ABCD_02 ABCD_03 ABCD_04 I want to check for these files , and increment counter one by one . at the end i would like to echo as 4 of 4 expected instances of file found . I tried something like thsi $counter =1 if counter=counter+1 i need... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ultimatix
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

File existence and increment

count=0; while read line; do ] && let count=count+1; done < file_name.txt echo echo "$count of 10 files found " echo The scenario is a follows : I have a file which contains a list of filenames present in particular directory . I am checking fo the existence of the file and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ultimatix
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

To increment the values from the file

Hi I have the file called "file.txt" which contains the following output $cat file.txt sandy <version>1</version> karen <version>2</version> Rob <version>3</version> peter <version>4</version> i want to write a command which will add the value 1 to the digits and show the output... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidh_arth85
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compressing all directories inside a directory and remove the uncompressed version

hi pls give me a script to compress all directories inside a directory and remove the original uncompressed version... >> please also tell the single commmand to uncompress all the directories back...whemn needed (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dll_fpga
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increment Numbers in File

Hello, I have a text file withe some records 20121031|5 20121030|3 20121029|1 20121028|4 20121027|6 I want to search for a patten with '20121030' and then increment the second part of the delimiter i.e. 3 by 1 to make it 4 to look like 20121031|5 20121030|4 20121029|1 20121028|4... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pparthiv
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increment value in text file

Hi Guys, I am new to shell programing, I have a csv file which has 50k records and I have got the requirement to increment the value in second column after each 5000 records. for example below A,B,C,D //Header 1,1,London,UK 1,1,Manchester,UK 1,1,Glasgow,UK . . . 1,1,Newyork,USA... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rizzu1555
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to increment date using "for loop" in format MMDDYY inside the shell script?

Need to increment the date from "currentdate + 90days" inside the for loop (i=1 to i=50) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aroragaurav.84
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy a file from directroy/ prior version to the directory/ new version

How to copy a file from directroy/ prior version to the directory/ new version automatically. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: roy1912
4 Replies
LDAP_MODIFY(3)						     Library Functions Manual						    LDAP_MODIFY(3)

NAME
ldap_modify, ldap_modify_s - Perform an LDAP modify operation SYNOPSIS
#include <ldap.h> int ldap_modify(ld, dn, mods) LDAP *ld; char *dn; LDAPMod *mods[]; int ldap_modify_s(ld, dn, mods) LDAP *ld; char *dn; LDAPMod *mods[]; void ldap_mods_free( mods, freemods ) LDAPMod **mods; int freemods; DESCRIPTION
The routine ldap_modify_s() is used to perform an LDAP modify operation. dn is the DN of the entry to modify, and mods is a null-termi- nated array of modifications to make to the entry. Each element of the mods array is a pointer to an LDAPMod structure, which is defined below. typedef struct ldapmod { int mod_op; char *mod_type; union { char **modv_strvals; struct berval **modv_bvals; } mod_vals; struct ldapmod *mod_next; } LDAPMod; #define mod_values mod_vals.modv_strvals #define mod_bvalues mod_vals.modv_bvals The mod_op field is used to specify the type of modification to perform and should be one of LDAP_MOD_ADD, LDAP_MOD_DELETE, or LDAP_MOD_REPLACE. The mod_type and mod_values fields specify the attribute type to modify and a null-terminated array of values to add, delete, or replace respectively. The mod_next field is used only by the LDAP server and may be ignored by the client. If you need to specify a non-string value (e.g., to add a photo or audio attribute value), you should set mod_op to the logical OR of the operation as above (e.g., LDAP_MOD_REPLACE) and the constant LDAP_MOD_BVALUES. In this case, mod_bvalues should be used instead of mod_values, and it should point to a null-terminated array of struct bervals, as defined in <lber.h>. For LDAP_MOD_ADD modifications, the given values are added to the entry, creating the attribute if necessary. For LDAP_MOD_DELETE modifi- cations, the given values are deleted from the entry, removing the attribute if no values remain. If the entire attribute is to be deleted, the mod_values field should be set to NULL. For LDAP_MOD_REPLACE modifications, the attribute will have the listed values after the modification, having been created if necessary. All modifications are performed in the order in which they are listed. ldap_modify_s() returns the LDAP error code resulting from the modify operation. This code can be interpreted by ldap_perror(3) and friends. The ldap_modify() operation works the same way as ldap_modify_s(), except that it is asynchronous, returning the message id of the request it initiates, or -1 on error. The result of the operation can be obtained by calling ldap_result(3). ldap_mods_free() can be used to free each element of a NULL-terminated array of mod structures. If freemods is non-zero, the mods pointer itself is freed as well. ERRORS
ldap_modify_s() returns an ldap error code, either LDAP_SUCCESS or an error if there was trouble. ldap_modify() returns -1 in case of trouble, setting the ld_errno field of ld. SEE ALSO
ldap(3), ldap_error(3), ldap_add(3) ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
OpenLDAP is developed and maintained by The OpenLDAP Project (http://www.openldap.org/). OpenLDAP is derived from University of Michigan LDAP 3.3 Release. OpenLDAP 2.0.27-Release 22 September 1998 LDAP_MODIFY(3)