Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unexpected result from awk
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Unexpected result from awk Post 303015414 by shamrock on Wednesday 4th of April 2018 01:02:48 PM
Old 04-04-2018
Great question...except that the inventors of awk should be the target audience of this query

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

unexpected pipeline result with find -exec

Hi All, I probably miss something fundamental here. I want to rename a bunch of files in subdirectories (that might contain white spaces) with names that are related. I thought following could do the job: find . -name *.sh -exec mv {} $(echo {} | sed -e 's/0/1/g') \; Now to be able to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: blued
5 Replies

2. HP-UX

awk to output cmd result

I was wondering if it was possible to tell awk to print the output of a command in the print. .... | awk '{print $0}' I would like it to print the date right before $0, so something like (this doesn't work though) .... | awk '{print date $0}' (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: IMTheNachoMan
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unexpected sed result.

I am in the process of writing a script to change the grub password in the grub.conf file. I thought I had it figured out, but am running into an a problem I can't put my finger on. Command I am running when I find that the grub.conf file contains "password --md5". sed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: viRaven
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

unexpected output within a for loop using awk

Hi all, after hours of playing around with this and scouring the web I decided to ask my fellow UNIX operators as I can't wrap my head around this. First off, I want to parse an input file with tabs (I could pull this off easily with different delimiters) but I was trying to make nicer... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Keepcase
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script - unexpected result

I hv a file --am executing a script which is giving me unexpected results COntents of file: f1 CMT_AP1_CONT:/opt/sybase/syboc125:150:ASE12_5::Y:UX: CMT_AP1:/opt/sybase/syboc125:150:ASE12_5::Y:UX f1.tmp CMT_AP1_CONT:/opt/sybase/syboc125:150:ASE12_5::Y:UX:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajashekar.y
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Weird: unexpected result after piping a sort

Hello, And when you think you know the basics of something, UNIX in this case, something like what I will describe below comes along.... On a Linux system, a "typical" directory with some files. Say 20. I do: > ls | sort > mylisting Now when I: > vi mylisting There is mylisting... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: stavros
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK Looping. How can I get expected result?

Can Anyone help with looping... awk 'FNR==1{i++} {for(k=1; k<=NF; k++) A=$k} # 3 Dimension Array END{ for(i=1;i<=217;i++) # For loop 2nd File 1st and 2nd column x=0;y=0 ... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
18 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

In awk: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"'

I am trying to get grep with awk command into variable. But facing error. Could someone pls help. $ cat test_file DEPLOYMENT="abc" # com cluster="bcn" $ grep DEPLOYMENT test_file | awk -F "\"" '{ print $2 }' abc $ a=`echo "grep DEPLOYMENT test_file | awk -F \"\\\"\" '{ print $2 }'"` ;... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manasa Pradeep
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk problem - erroring out - unexpected token

can anyone help identify where the issue is here? awk 'BEGIN { c="perl -e 'print scalar(localtime("'${EPOCHTIME}'")), "\n"'"; c|getline; close( c ); print $2" "$3" "$4" "$6; }' bash: syntax error near unexpected token `(' can't seem to figure it out. i tried this: awk 'BEGIN {... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Duplication | awk | result

Dear forum members, I want the script to count ALA as one (an example in quotes) and return an integer as 1 and not return 5 as an integer as it does now (look bash script). So how can I upgrade my script that it first checks or after finding all instances of ALA checks whether it is the same... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aurimas
25 Replies
TPAGE(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						  TPAGE(1)

NAME
Template::Tools::tpage - Process templates from command line USAGE
tpage [ --define var=value ] file(s) DESCRIPTION
The tpage script is a simple wrapper around the Template Toolkit processor. Files specified by name on the command line are processed in turn by the template processor and the resulting output is sent to STDOUT and can be redirected accordingly. e.g. tpage myfile > myfile.out tpage header myfile footer > myfile.html If no file names are specified on the command line then tpage will read STDIN for input. The "--define" option can be used to set the values of template variables. e.g. tpage --define author="Andy Wardley" skeleton.pm > MyModule.pm See Template for general information about the Perl Template Toolkit and the template language and features. AUTHOR
Andy Wardley <abw@wardley.org> <http://wardley.org/> VERSION
2.68, distributed as part of the Template Toolkit version 2.19, released on 27 April 2007. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1996-2007 Andy Wardley. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
ttree perl v5.12.1 2008-11-13 TPAGE(1)