Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Combine information from 2 files Post 303015348 by RudiC on Tuesday 3rd of April 2018 09:11:41 AM
Old 04-03-2018
Welcome to the forum.

It usually helps to post your OS and shell versions as well as e.g. preferred tools, and to show your own attempts on a solution.

Howsoever, how far would this get you:
Code:
awk 'NR==FNR {SID[$2]; next} $3 in SID {FN = $3 "_readIDs.file"; print $1 >> FN; close (FN)}' file1 file2

Last edited by RudiC; 04-03-2018 at 10:19 AM.. Reason: Corrected typo & added two minor improvements of code

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to combine two files

i need to combine two file. These two files have the same line number, and i need to combine each corresponding line. I tried the paste, but i need coma as the delimeter. are there anyway to do it? thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tao
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to combine 2 files

hi all i have 2 files f1 and f2 i have to combine these 2 files and make a new file f3 when i use paste f1 f2 >f3 its pasting vertically but i want to paste horizontally How to do .. pls let me know (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi.sadani19
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Combine 2 files

Some one plz give me the answer we have 3 files 1 and 2 are given and we need to get 3 file by using some trick file_one.dat AMITH ARUN ARVIND file_two.dat (these are Variables) X Y Z and we need to write scirpt in file_two.data and get the answer in file_three.dat as fallows... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nekki
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine files with same name

I need a script that combines files with the same name. These files are on a windows directory but the PC has Cygwin so i have a limited unix command set. What I've got; WebData_9_2007-09-20.txt WebData_9_2007-09-20.txt WebData_9_2007-09-21.txt WebData_9_2007-09-20.txt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmwhitford
4 Replies

5. HP-UX

How to combine 2 different files

Hi : I have a file containing the print queues with their IP address. I wanted to combine the 'lpstat' output with their respective IP address. For example : zebhtrmb-6078 lgonzale priority 0 Mar 17 11:50 on zebhtrmb with zebhtrmb-6078 lgonzale priority 0 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rdasari
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

3 files combine into one help please

Ok here is what I have file a {{BEGIN}} {{FAX File b 5555464584 5555465292 5555465828 5555485930 5555474939 File C }} ON ORDERS LESS THAN 70 LBS AND THE PACKAGE IS A COMBINED LENGTH AND GIRTH EQUAL TO OR LESS THAN 108" PLEASE UTILIZE UPS. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sctxms
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

combine multiple files by column into one files already sorted!

I have multiple files; each file contains a certain data in a column view simply i want to combine all those files into one file in columns example file1: a b c d file 2: 1 2 3 4 file 3: G (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedamro
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Combine files

i have 3 files: file1, file2 and file3 file1 has this content: #!/bin/ksh sqlplus username/password@Servername << EOF file2 has this content: drop table dropme cascade constraints; file3 has this content: EOF all said and done, file1, file2 and file2 will look like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lawsongeek
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine files

I have n of files with ending with _ZERO.txt need to combine all file ending with _ZERO.txt into 1 file ex: A_ZERO.txt 1 2 B_ZERO.txt 3 4 Output: FINAL.txt 1 2 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish1222
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Automate splitting of files , scp files as each split completes and combine files on target server

i use the split command to split a one terabyte backup file into 10 chunks of 100 GB each. The files are split one after the other. While the files is being split, I will like to scp the files one after the other as soon as the previous one completes, from server A to Server B. Then on server B ,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaika
2 Replies
avc_compute_create(3)					     SELinux API documentation					     avc_compute_create(3)

NAME
avc_compute_create, avc_compute_member - obtain SELinux label for new object SYNOPSIS
#include <selinux/selinux.h> #include <selinux/avc.h> int avc_compute_create(security_id_t ssid, security_id_t tsid, security_class_t tclass, security_id_t *newsid); int avc_compute_member(security_id_t ssid, security_id_t tsid, security_class_t tclass, security_id_t *newsid); DESCRIPTION
avc_compute_create() is used to compute a SID to use for labeling a new object in a particular class based on a SID pair. This call is identical to security_compute_create(), but does not require converting from userspace SID's to contexts and back again. avc_compute_member() is used to compute a SID to use for labeling a polyinstantiated object instance of a particular class based on a SID pair. This call is identical to security_compute_member(), but does not require converting from userspace SID's to contexts and back again. These functions return a SID for the computed context in the memory referenced by sid. RETURN VALUE
On success, zero is returned. On error, -1 is returned and errno is set appropriately. ERRORS
EINVAL The tclass and/or the security contexts referenced by ssid and tsid are not recognized by the currently loaded policy. ENOMEM An attempt to allocate memory failed. AUTHOR
Eamon Walsh <ewalsh@tycho.nsa.gov> SEE ALSO
avc_init(3), avc_context_to_sid(3), security_compute_create(3), selinux(8) 30 Mar 2007 avc_compute_create(3)