Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Combine information from 2 files Post 303015348 by RudiC on Tuesday 3rd of April 2018 09:11:41 AM
Old 04-03-2018
Welcome to the forum.

It usually helps to post your OS and shell versions as well as e.g. preferred tools, and to show your own attempts on a solution.

Howsoever, how far would this get you:
Code:
awk 'NR==FNR {SID[$2]; next} $3 in SID {FN = $3 "_readIDs.file"; print $1 >> FN; close (FN)}' file1 file2

Last edited by RudiC; 04-03-2018 at 10:19 AM.. Reason: Corrected typo & added two minor improvements of code

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to combine two files

i need to combine two file. These two files have the same line number, and i need to combine each corresponding line. I tried the paste, but i need coma as the delimeter. are there anyway to do it? thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tao
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to combine 2 files

hi all i have 2 files f1 and f2 i have to combine these 2 files and make a new file f3 when i use paste f1 f2 >f3 its pasting vertically but i want to paste horizontally How to do .. pls let me know (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi.sadani19
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Combine 2 files

Some one plz give me the answer we have 3 files 1 and 2 are given and we need to get 3 file by using some trick file_one.dat AMITH ARUN ARVIND file_two.dat (these are Variables) X Y Z and we need to write scirpt in file_two.data and get the answer in file_three.dat as fallows... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nekki
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine files with same name

I need a script that combines files with the same name. These files are on a windows directory but the PC has Cygwin so i have a limited unix command set. What I've got; WebData_9_2007-09-20.txt WebData_9_2007-09-20.txt WebData_9_2007-09-21.txt WebData_9_2007-09-20.txt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmwhitford
4 Replies

5. HP-UX

How to combine 2 different files

Hi : I have a file containing the print queues with their IP address. I wanted to combine the 'lpstat' output with their respective IP address. For example : zebhtrmb-6078 lgonzale priority 0 Mar 17 11:50 on zebhtrmb with zebhtrmb-6078 lgonzale priority 0 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rdasari
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

3 files combine into one help please

Ok here is what I have file a {{BEGIN}} {{FAX File b 5555464584 5555465292 5555465828 5555485930 5555474939 File C }} ON ORDERS LESS THAN 70 LBS AND THE PACKAGE IS A COMBINED LENGTH AND GIRTH EQUAL TO OR LESS THAN 108" PLEASE UTILIZE UPS. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sctxms
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

combine multiple files by column into one files already sorted!

I have multiple files; each file contains a certain data in a column view simply i want to combine all those files into one file in columns example file1: a b c d file 2: 1 2 3 4 file 3: G (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedamro
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Combine files

i have 3 files: file1, file2 and file3 file1 has this content: #!/bin/ksh sqlplus username/password@Servername << EOF file2 has this content: drop table dropme cascade constraints; file3 has this content: EOF all said and done, file1, file2 and file2 will look like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lawsongeek
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine files

I have n of files with ending with _ZERO.txt need to combine all file ending with _ZERO.txt into 1 file ex: A_ZERO.txt 1 2 B_ZERO.txt 3 4 Output: FINAL.txt 1 2 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish1222
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Automate splitting of files , scp files as each split completes and combine files on target server

i use the split command to split a one terabyte backup file into 10 chunks of 100 GB each. The files are split one after the other. While the files is being split, I will like to scp the files one after the other as soon as the previous one completes, from server A to Server B. Then on server B ,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaika
2 Replies
OCAMLWC(1)						      General Commands Manual							OCAMLWC(1)

NAME
ocamlwc - count the lines of code and comments in OCaml sources SYNOPSIS
ocamlwc [options] [files] DESCRIPTION
ocamlwc is a program to count the number of lines of code and documentation in OCaml sources. It assumes its input to be lexically well- formed. If no files are given, then ocamlwc reads from stdin. The first column of the output lists the number of source lines of code, the second column the number of lines of documentation, and the third the respective filename. If ocamlwc acts on more than one file, then it prints a total in the last line. OPTIONS
-p Print percentage of documentation (in an additional column after the filename). -c Print only the code size, i.e., omit the documentation column. -e (everything) Do not skip headers. A header is the first comment in a file. -a (all) Do not skip generated files. foo.ml is a generated file if one of foo.mll, foo.mly, or foo.ml4 is amongst the given files. foo.mli is a generated file if foo.mly is amongst the given files. -h Print short usage information. AUTHOR
ocamlwc was written by Jean-Christophe Filliatre <Jean-Christophe.Filliatre@lri.fr>. This manual page was written by Georg Neis <gn@oglaroon.de>. January 2, 2007 OCAMLWC(1)