Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris No New Solaris 10 Recommended cluster in a few months Post 303015304 by jlliagre on Monday 2nd of April 2018 05:29:26 AM
Old 04-02-2018
The updated Solaris 10 patch release frequency is documented in the MOS note ID 1586859.1

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. High Performance Computing

Building a Solaris Cluster Express cluster in a VirtualBox on OpenSolaris

Provides a description of how to set up a Solaris Cluster Express cluster in a VirtualBox on OpenSolaris. More... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 10 Recommended Patches

Does anyone get the following error message below when trying to download solaris 10 recommended patch? End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive. In the latter case the central directory and... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sarccastik Dude
8 Replies

3. Solaris

Issue while installing: Solaris 10 SPARC Recommended Patch Cluster (2009.10.23)

Hello, As explained, I've encountered an issue while installing Solaris 10 SPARC Recommended Patch Cluster (2009.10.23). Actually, patch no 120011-14 stops with the following error: ERROR: attribute verification of </var/run/.patchSafeMode/root/usr/bin/passwd> failed file type <f>... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: a.mauger
6 Replies

4. Solaris

Applying Recommended Patch Cluster to Whole Root Zone

Hi there, Apologies if this question has been asked and answered already but I've not been able to find the thread. Question: Is it possible to apply the Solaris 10 Recommended Patch Cluster to a whole root (non-global) zone locally? I.E. apply the patch cluster from the non-global in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nm146332
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Jumpstart and Applying Recommended Patch Cluster

I'm trying to setup our jumpstart server to automatically apply the latest patch cluster during installs, but I'm running into an issue. Every time Jumpstart runs it has this error. Obviously it's processing the patch_order file, so I'm not sure what I'm missing. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: christr
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Recommended Patch Cluster Using ZFS Snapshots

I have a question regarding installing recommended patch clusters via ZFS snapshots. Someone wrote a pretty good blog about it here: Initial Program Load: Live Upgrade to install the recommended patch cluster on a ZFS snapshot The person's article is similar to what I've done in the past. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: christr
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Oracle stopped updating Solaris 10 recommended patch cluster ?

Dear All, Has Oracle stopped updating Solaris 10 recommended patch cluster ? From suport.oracle.com i could see the last patch bundle was released on 11th july and there has been no updates after that. Does anyone know about any official announcement from oracle on this ? Thanks ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhi_8029
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Can't unzip Recommended cluster

Hi all, got an annoyance going on at the moment.... Solaris 10 update 9. Trying to apply the latest 10_Recommended.zip when I rununzip 10_Recommended.zip I get unzip: cannot find 10_Recommended.zip It's there and all should be fine. a bit of Googling and I thought I had it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Martincorneuk
1 Replies
SHAPE_PATCH(1)						      General Commands Manual						    SHAPE_PATCH(1)

NAME
shape_patch - shapeTools RMS generate patch file SYNOPSIS
shape patch OLDRELEASE=<name1> NEWRELEASE=<name2> [PATCHFILE=<filename>] DESCRIPTION
Shape patch generates a patch file for updating $(OLDRELEASE) to $(NEWRELEASE). Both releases are identified by release names associated with the macros OLD-/NEWRELEASE on the command line. Valid release names are those generated by any of the shape_RMS (pre-)release building procedures (see shape_releas(1)). Performing 'vl -all' with the release identification file as argument usually gives a good overview of existing release names. Patch generation happens recursively over all subsystems being part of the current node. Hence, triggering shape patch from the top node of the central source repository creates a patch file for the whole system. The output of shape patch is stored in a file named <name1>+2+<name2>.pat. When the PATCHFILE macro is set on the command line, $(PATCH- FILE) is taken as output file name instead. Defining PATCHFILE=- on the command line causes the patch to be written to standard output. Note: For patches invoking multiple subsystems, $(PATCHFILE) should be set to an absolute pathname. If not, the patch generation procedure will leave an equally named patch file for each visited subsystem. The patch is constructed using the vdiff(1) command and can be applied to any installation of $(OLDRELEASE) by invoking patch(1). INCONVENIENCES
On System V machines, the generated patch file name will almost certainly exceed the 14 characters filename length limit. SEE ALSO
shape_releas(1), vdiff(1), patch(1) FILES
<name1>+2+<name2>.pat 2.10.119 SHAPE_PATCH(1)