Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Help me understand this script Post 303015242 by RudiC on Saturday 31st of March 2018 08:23:21 AM
Old 03-31-2018
Just defines two variables?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

help wanted to understand MQ script

hi , i am writing a script to copy the MQ messages from onw queue to another. The following i got from one site, but i di not understand , can anyone explain. /root/scripts/sap/q -m$Q_MANAGER -i$Q_NAME_SRC_1 -F/logs/mq/MQ_COPYdump_$Q_NAME_SRC_1.$$ /root/scripts/sap/q -m$Q_MANAGER... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satyak
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't understand the script

I am relatively new to Shell Scripting. I can't understand the following two scripts. Can someone please spare a minute to explain? 1) content s of file a are (021) 654-1234 sed 's/(//g;s/)//g;s/ /-/g' a 021-654-1234 2)cut -d: -f1,3,7 /etc/passwd |sort -t: +1n gives error (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shahdharmit
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to understand the script

Hi All; Is there anybody can explain this script please? trap 'C_logmsg "F" "CNTL/c OS signal trapped, Script ${G_SCRIPTNAME] terminated"; exit 1' 2 trap 'C_logmsg "F" "Kill Job Event sent from the Console, Script ${G_SCRIPTNAME] terminated"; exit 1' 15 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thankbe
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to understand the script pls help

Can u please explain what it is doing #!/bin/sh fullyear=`/home/local/bin/datemmdd 1`"."`date +%Y` uehist=/u05/home/celldba/utility/ue/prod/history echo $fullyear cd $uehist ls -ltr pwroutages.master.$fullyear* | awk '{print $9}' > /u01/home/celldba/tmp/pwroutages_master_all_tmp while... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raopatwari
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to understand ksh script

Hi All, I have a ksh script & would like to understand mening of below lines in script, Starting lines of script is as below, #!/bin/ksh #%W% %I% %D% %T% ---- ??? #%W%G --- ??? num_ctrl_files=0 OS=`uname` if then //g' | egrep -v '(.sh:|.ksh:)' | sed 's/^.*://g' | sed 's/^M//g' |... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gr8_usk
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Understand script formte

Hi i have one script and i am running it but not getting current output so i want to understand how to input in the script. when i do help then i am getting below massage thanks got it (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to understand a script

Hello world! Can someone please explain me how this code works? I'ts supposed to find words in a dictionary and show the anagrams of the words. { part = word2key($1) data = $1 } function word2key(word, a, i, x, result) { x = split(word, a, "") asort(a) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jose2802
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't understand script output

New to korn shel1 and having an issue. The following is suppose to read the parameter values from files in a source directory and then pass them on to a log file in a different directory, The ArchiveTracker scripts is suppose to call the parameterreader script to exact the parameter values and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bayouprophet
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to understand the below shell script

Please help me to understand the below 3 lines of code.execute shell in jenkins 1)APP_IP=$( docker inspect --format '{{ .NetworkSettings.Networks.'"$DOCKER_NETWORK_NAME"'.IPAddress }}' ${PROJECT_NAME_KEY}"-CI" ) 2)HOST_WORKSPACE=$(echo ${WORKSPACE} | sed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naresh85
1 Replies
NFSMOUNT.CONF(5)						File Formats Manual						  NFSMOUNT.CONF(5)

NAME
nfsmount.conf - Configuration file for NFS mounts SYNOPSIS
Configuration file for NFS mounts that allows options to be set globally, per server or per mount point. DESCRIPTION
The configuration file is made up of multiple sections followed by variables associated with that section. A section is defined by a string enclosed by [ and ] branches. Variables are assignment statements that assign values to particular variables using the = operator, as in Proto=Tcp. Sections are broken up into three basic categories: Global options, Server options and Mount Point options. [ NFSMount_Global_Options ] - This statically named section defines all of the global mount options that can be applied to every NFS mount. [ Server "Server_Name" ] - This section defines all the mount options that should be used on mounts to a particular NFS server. The "Server_Name" strings needs to be surrounded by '"' and be an exact match of the server name used in the mount command. [ MountPoint "Mount_Point" ] - This section defines all the mount options that should be used on a particular mount point. The "Mount_Point" string needs to be surrounded by '"' and be an exact match of the mount point used in the mount command. EXAMPLES
These are some example lines of how sections and variables are defined in the configuration file. [ NFSMount_Global_Options ] Proto=Tcp The TCP protocol will be used on every NFS mount. [ Server "nfsserver.foo.com" ] rsize=32k wsize=32k A 33k (32768 bytes) block size will be used as the read and write size on all mounts to the 'nfsserver.foo.com' server. [ MountPoint "/export/home" ] Background=True All mounts to the '/export/home' export will be performed in the background (i.e. done asynchronously). FILES
/etc/nfsmount.conf Default NFS mount configuration file SEE ALSO
nfs(5), mount(8), 9 Mar 2008 NFSMOUNT.CONF(5)