Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sed, how replace specific symbols between two patterns Post 303015179 by Tapiocapioca on Thursday 29th of March 2018 03:09:54 PM
Old 03-29-2018
Really thank you, you have one coffee paid if you will visit Italy Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace symbols by position using SED

Hi all, I need your help. For example I have string in file.txt: -x -a /tmp/dbarchive_NSS_20081204 -f 900 -l 1 2008/12/04 2008/12/04 So, I need to replace symbols from (for e.g.) position 26 till 33 with symbols which I have in file replace.txt And I have no idea how to do it. If... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nypreH
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

using sed to replace a specific string on a specific line number using variables

using sed to replace a specific string on a specific line number using variables this is where i am at grep -v WARNING output | grep -v spawn | grep -v Passphrase | grep -v Authentication | grep -v '/sbin/tfadmin netguard -C'| grep -v 'NETWORK>' >> output.clean grep -n Destination... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: todd.cutting
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to replace specific character and specific position

I am trying to use sed to replace specific characters at a specific position in the file with a different value... can this be done? Example: File: A0199999123 A0199999124 A0199999125 Need to replace 99999 in positions 3-7 with 88888. Any help is appreciated. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: programmer22
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to replace specific character , if possible using sed

My script is extracting data from SQl session, however sometimes the result contains one or multiple space after/before any numerical value. e,g . "123","1 34","1 3 45", "43 5" How to remove these unwanted spaces..so that I can get the following result : "123","134",1345","435" (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mady135
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed position specific replace

I'm drawing a blank on how to use sed to replace selectively based on position in the string (vs nth occurence): hello.|there.|how.|are.|you.| I want the period removed in the 3rd item (as defined by the pipe delimiter) if a period is present. So the result in this case would be: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tiggyboo
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to replace a string in a specific position

I asked this before, but my problem got more complicated. Heres what I am trying to do: I'm trying to replace a string at a certain location with another string. Heres the file I'm trying to change: \E I want to replace the escape code at the 3rd line, 2nd column with this escape code... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tinman47
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace specific field on specific line sed or awk

I'm trying to update a text file via sed/awk, after a lot of searching I still can't find a code snippet that I can get to work. Brief overview: I have user input a line to a variable, I then find a specific value in this line 10th field in this case. After asking for new input and doing some... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: crownedzero
14 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Use sed to replace but only in a specific column of the text file

Hi, I would like to use sed to replace NA to x ('s/NA/x/g'), but only in the 5th column of the space delimited text file, nowhere else. How do I go about doing that? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to replace a word at specific location

I'm try to change a the prohibit to aix for the lines starting with ssh and emagent and rest should be the same. Can anyone please suggest me how to do that using a shell script or sed passwd account required /usr/lib/security/pam_prohibit passwd session required ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: pjeedu2247
13 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command on AIX, replace specific characters

Hi, Im using sed on an AIX machine. I am trying to change the 137-139 characters if they are a ' 36'/'000' to a '036'. The positions that need to be changed are fixed. the source data that I have is$cat v.txt 4000422985400050462239065593606500000007422985707771046154054910075641MC0318AMWAY... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsid
9 Replies
page_util_flow(n)					      Parser generator tools						 page_util_flow(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
page_util_flow - page dataflow/treewalker utility SYNOPSIS
package require page::util::flow ?0.1? package require snit ::page::util::flow start flowvar nodevar script flow visit node flow visitl nodelist flow visita node... _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a single utility command for easy dataflow based manipulation of arbitrary data structures, especially abstract syn- tax trees. API
::page::util::flow start flowvar nodevar script This command contains the core logic to drive the walking of an arbitrary data structure which can partitioned into separate parts. Examples of such structures are trees and graphs. The command makes no assumptions at all about the API of the structure to be walked, except that that its parts, here called nodes, are identified by strings. These strings are taken as is, from the arguments, and the body, and handed back to the body, without modification. Access to the actual data structure, and all decisions regarding which nodes to visit in what order are delegated to the body of the loop, i.e. the script. The body is invoked first for the nodes in the start-set specified via start), and from then on for the nodes the body has requested to be visited. The command stops when the set of nodes to visit becomes empty. Note that a node can be visited more than once. The body has complete control about this. The body is invoked in the context of the caller. The variable named by nodevar will be set to the current node, and the variable named by flowvar will be set to the command of the flow object through which the body can request the nodes to visit next. The API provided by this object is described in the next section, FLOW API. Note that the command makes no promises regarding the order in which nodes are visited, excpt that the nodes requested to be visited by the current iteration will be visited afterward, in some order. FLOW API
This section describes the API provided by the flow object made accessible to the body script of ::page::util::flow. flow visit node Invoking this method requests that the node n is visited after the current iteration. flow visitl nodelist Invoking this method requests that all the nodes found in the list nodelist are visited after the current iteration. flow visita node... This is the variadic arguments form of the method visitl, see above. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category page of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have. KEYWORDS
dataflow, graph walking, page, parser generator, text processing, tree walking COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> page 1.0 page_util_flow(n)