Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Match file and find count
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Match file and find count Post 303015178 by Scrutinizer on Thursday 29th of March 2018 03:09:04 PM
Old 03-29-2018
Try:
Code:
awk 'NR==FNR{C[$1]++; next} {printf "%-13s----->%s\n", $1, C[$1]+0}' FS=\; sendfile FS=" " transfile

This User Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

To find multiple strings count in a file

I need to find the line count of multiple strings in a particular file. The strings are as follows: bmgcc bmgccftp bsmsftp bulkftp cctuneftp crbtftp crmpos cso gujhr I am doing manual grep for each of the string to find the line count. The command i am using right now is: grep mark... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: salaathi
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find a count of a word within a file

Hello, I'm looking for a wait to count the number of occurrences of a certain string of characters within a file. The file that I trying to parce has segments within the file that have a header and footer to each segment and I'm trying to do a count of the header string and compare it to a count... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bd_joy
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find first match and last match in a file

Hi All, I have a below file: ================== 02:53 pravin-root 02:53 pravin-root 03:05 pravin-root 02:55 pravin1-root 02:59 pravin1-root ================== How do I find the first and last value of column 1. For example, how do I find 02:53 is the first time stamp and 03:05 is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: praving5
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find lines that match exact input and count?

I am writing a package manager in BASH and I would like a small snippet of code that finds lines that match exact input and count them. For example, my file contains: xyz xyz-lib2.0+ xyz-lib2.0 xyz-lib1.5 and "grep -c xyz" returns 4. The current function is: # $1 is the package name.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cooprocks123e
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count the delimeter from a file and delete the row if delimeter count doesnt match.

I have a file containing about 5 million rows, in the file there are some records which has extra delimiter at random position. (we dont know the positions), now we have to Count the delimeter from each row and if the count of delimeter is not matching then I want to delete those rows from the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akumar1
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

File count for symlink using find command

Hi Guys, The script which I am using works really good for finding the file count for files that are not symlink. I know I can use find command like: find . -type l | wc -l This way I can get filecount of the symlink but is there a one liner to use -type l and -type f option ? That is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dixits
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match look up file and find result

Hi I ahve a lookup file wiht seven words CD HT CAD HT T1D T2D BDanother file contain data like this CHRM1 P11229 Pirenzepine DAP000492 Peptic ulcer disease Approved T2D CHRM1 P11229 Glycopyrrolate DAP001116 Anesthetic Approved T2D CHRM1 P11229 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manigrover
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find count total number of pattern in a file …?

How to find count total number of pattern in a file … File contains : a.txt ------------- aaa bbb nnn ccc aaa bbb aaa ddd aaa aaa aaa aaa grep -c aaa a.txt Op: 4 ( But my requirement is should count the total no of patterns as 7 ) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jitten
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to count lines of CSV file where 2 fields match variables?

I'm trying to use awk to count the occurrences of two matching fields of a CSV file. For instance, for data that looks like this... Joe,Blue,Yes,No,High Mike,Blue,Yes,Yes,Low Joe,Red,No,No,Low Joe,Red,Yes,Yes,Low I've been trying to use code like this... countvar=`awk ' $2~/$color/... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nmoore2843
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to find the count of IP addresses that belong to different subnets and display the count?

Hi, I have a file with a list of bunch of IP addresses from different VLAN's . I am trying to find the list the number of each vlan occurence in the output Here is how my file looks like 1.1.1.1 1.1.1.2 1.1.1.3 1.1.2.1 1.1.2.2 1.1.3.1 1.1.3.2 1.1.3.3 1.1.3.4 So what I am trying... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2prog
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('arevela','alpha'); $lvar = code2langvar('arevela',LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-04-12 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)