Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Create-aggr failed
Operating Systems Solaris Create-aggr failed Post 303015146 by Sumanthsv on Thursday 29th of March 2018 02:14:25 AM
Old 03-29-2018
Create-aggr failed

Hi,

I am trying to create aggregation by using dladm, But am getting the following error.
Code:
dladm create-aggr -P L2 -l net2 sumaggr2
dladm: create operation failed: link busy

I have checked in
Code:
dladm show-link

and the state is "down"..
Code:
dladm show-link | grep ^net2
net2                phys      1500   down     --

And there is no dhcp agent process running. But still facing the link busy issue.

Any help on this..

OSver=Solaris 11.3 X86

TIA

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How do I create desktop icons for the shell programs I create???

I am a bash shell programmer and I create programs on occasional basis. Now, I dont want my programs to be run by typing out its name at a command line. I want to make it as user friendly as possible. I want to create icons on the desktop so users can click on it. mind you, I said "desktop... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
7 Replies

2. AIX

SFTP Failed---Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0

Hi, While I am trying SFTP my machine to another unix machine , it was working fine till 10 min back. But now i am getting the below error "Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0" Could you please someone help me to solve or analyise the root cause... Cheers:b:, Mahiban (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahiban
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Cygwin X Server error: xdmcp fatal error session failed session 23 failed for display

Hi, i got the following error when i tried to access the cygwin x server from a windows XP PC. "xdmcp fatal error session failed session 23 failed for display" Alternatively, when i tried to access the same Cygwin X Server from another windows XP PC which is on a different LAN... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: HarishKumarM
3 Replies

4. AIX

backup script failed with error '0403-005 Cannot create the specified file'

In AIX 5.1, a daily run script that backing up oracle data failed yesterday with following errors: The Tivoli backup of DBPROD failed. What could be the issue, OS, backup or Oracle? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalite19
3 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Create script to add user and create directory

first off let me introduce myself. My name is Eric and I am new to linux, I am taking an advanced linux administration class and we are tasked with creating a script to add new users that anyone can run, has to check for the existence of a directory. if the directory does not exist then it has... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbhound
12 Replies

6. Solaris

aggr not persistent after a reboot

All, I hope someone can help me on my problem with an aggregate, as I am a Solaris noob. I tried doing this according to the official documentation from Oracle (unfortunately, as a new user to the forum, I may not post URLs...) and also googled a lot around, but have not found any solution yet.... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Captainquark
15 Replies

7. Solaris

Ipadm create failed

Hello Group, I tried to enable the net1 interface under Solaris 11 and I see a flag related with a ipmp failed. Now this interface is not set to any ipmp group. I would appreciate it your help dladm show-phys LINK MEDIA STATE SPEED DUPLEX DEVICE... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: csierra
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Connect Direct - XSMG242I -Create user profile - sdsc_create failed

HI, I have two Linux servers on which IBM Sterling ConnectDirect is installed. I want to transfer a file from server(abc20) to abc19. I have edited userfile.cfg & netmap.cfg on both the server still file transfer is not happening. Also the file is getting transferred from abc20 to abc20 itself... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ABM_CD
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to create variables to pass into a bash loop to create a download link

I have created one file that contains all the necessary info in it to create a download link. In each of the lines /results/analysis/output/Home/Auto_user_S5-00580-6-Medexome_67_032/plugin_out/FileExporter_out.67... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
8 Replies
dladm(1M)																 dladm(1M)

NAME
dladm - configure data-link interfaces SYNOPSIS
dladm show-link [-s [-i interval]] [-p] [name] dladm show-dev [-s [-i interval]] [-p] [dev] dladm create-aggr [-t] [-R root-dir] [-P policy] [-l mode] [-T time] [-u address] -d dev [-d dev] ... key dladm delete-aggr [-t] [-R root-dir] key dladm add-aggr [-t] [-R root-dir] -d dev [-d dev] ... key dladm remove-aggr [-t] [-R root-dir] -d dev [-d dev] ... key dladm modify-aggr [-t] [-R root-dir] [-P policy] [-l mode] [-T time] [-u address] key dladm show-aggr [-L] [-s [-i interval]] [-p] [key] dladm -? The dladm command is used to configure data-links. A configured data-link is represented in the system as a STREAMS DLPI (v2) interface which may be plumbed under protocol stacks such as TCP/IP. Each data-link relies on either a single network device or an aggregation of devices to send packets to or receive packets from a network. The dladm command operates on the following kinds of object: link Data-links, identified by a name aggr Aggregations of network devices, identified by a key dev Network devices, identified by concatenation of a driver name and an instance number Some devices do not support configurable data-links or aggregations. The fixed data-links provided by such devices can be viewed using dladm, but can not be configured. SUBCOMMANDS The following subcommands are supported: show-link Show configuration information for all data-links or the specified data-link. By default, the system is configured to have one data-link for each known network device. show-dev Shows information for all devices or the specified device. create-aggr Creates an aggregation using the given key value from as many dev objects as are specified. A data-link is created by default, and is given a name which is the concatenation of "aggr" and the key value of the aggregation. delete-aggr Deletes the specified aggregation. add-aggr Adds as many dev objects as are specified to the given aggregation. remove-aggr Removes as many dev objects as are specified from the given aggregation. modify-aggr Modifies the parameters of the given aggregation. show-aggr Shows configuration information for all aggregations or the specified aggregation. The following options are supported: -k key --key=key The key of an aggregation. This must be an integer value between 1 and 999. -d dev --dev=dev A device specifier. This must be a concatenation of the name and instance of the driver bound to the device. -P policy --policy=policy Specifies the port selection policy to use for load spreading of outbound traffic. The policy specifies which dev object is used to send packets. A policy consists of a list of one or more layers specifiers separated by commas. A layer specifier is one of the follow- ing: L2 Select outbound device according to source and destination MAC addresses of the packet. L3 Select outbound device according to source and destination IP addresses of the packet. L4 Select outbound device according to the upper layer protocol information contained in the packet. For TCP and UDP, this includes source and destination ports. For IPsec, this includes the SPI (Security Parameters Index.) For example, to use upper layer protocol information, the following policy can be used: -P L4 To use the source and destination MAC addresses as well as the source and destination IP addresses, the following policy can be used: -P L2,L3 -l mode --lacp-mode=mode Specifies whether LACP should be used and, if used, the mode in which it should operate. Legal values are off, active or passive. -T time --lacp-timer=time Specifies the LACP timer value. The legal values are short or long. -u address --unicast=address Specifies a fixed unicast address to be used for the aggregation. If this option is not specified then an address is automatically cho- sen from the set of addresses of the component devices. -L --lacp Specifies whether detailed LACP information should be displayed. -s --statistics Used with the show-link, show-aggr, or show-dev subcommands to show the statistics of data-links, aggregations or devices, respec- tively. -i interval --interval=interval Used with the -s option to specify an interval, in seconds, at which statistics should be displayed. If this option is not specified, statistics will only be displayed once. -t --temporary Specifies that the change is temporary. Temporary changes last until the next reboot. -R root-dir --root-dir=root-dir Specifies an alternate root directory where dladm applies changes. This can be useful in JumpStart scripts, where the root directory of the system being modified is mounted elsewhere. -p --parseable Specifies that configuration information should be displayed in parseable format. -? --help Displays help information. (Stops interpretation of subsequent arguments). EXAMPLES
Example 1: Configuring an aggregation To configure a data-link over an aggregation of devices bge0 and bge1 with key 1, enter the following command: # dladm create-aggr -d bge0 bge1 1 See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: /usr/sbin +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ /sbin +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ ifconfig(1M), attributes(5), dlpi(7P) NOTES
The configuration of all objects will persist across reboot. 28 Sep 2005 dladm(1M)