Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Find and removing the old files and zipping the files using shell script Post 303015110 by venkat918 on Wednesday 28th of March 2018 05:15:46 AM
Old 03-28-2018
Find and removing the old files and zipping the files using shell script

Hi,

I am trying to removing the old files which were older than 10 days and same g zipping the files using the shell script.

script was return as follows.

Code:
find /jboss7_homes/JBOSS7/SKYLIV??/SKYLIV??_CRM/jboss-eap-7.0/standalone/log -mtime +10 -type f | xargs rm -f
find /cer_skyliv??/log -mtime +30 -type f | xargs rm -f
find /cer_skyliv??/log -mtime +10 -a -mtime -30 -type f | xargs gzip -fq
find /cer_skyliv??/work/bil -mtime +10 -type f | xargs gzip -fq

If i am executing using the shell script receiving the below error message as

Code:
./cleanup.sh
'm: invalid option -- '
Try `rm --help' for more information.
'm: invalid option -- '
Try `rm --help' for more information.
'zip: invalid option -- '
Try `gzip --help' for more information.

Though if we are executing the command explicitly i.e running the command its working fine . It seems using the shell script its not running .

could you please assist here.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to find files

I have a directory which contains files with different kinds of extensions .everyday a file with .log gets added to it .i want to extract the file with .log extension which is created with todays date . thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: naren_samba2005
2 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

shell script to find zero byte files

I have a directory MYDIR In which i have several directories 1,2,3,4.... Now, In each of these directories i have several files a.dat, b.dat, c.dat, d.dat..... MYDIR ----1 ---------a.dat ---------b.dat ---------c.dat ---------d.dat ----2 ---------a.dat ---------b.dat ---------c.dat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramky79
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shell script to find files by date and size

Hi, I have a directory PRIVATE in which I have several directories and each of these have several files. Therefore, I need to find those files by size and date to back up those files in another directory. I don't know how to implement this shell script using ''find''. appreciate any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dadadc
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and Replace in multiple files (Shell script)

hi guys, Suppose you have 100 files in a folder and you want to replace all occurances of a word say "ABCD" in those files with "DCBA", how would you do it ??? jatin (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: jatins_s
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to find files

Hi Experts, I am trying to write a shell script that should 1. Find files with name (ab030.txt,Ab030.TXT,AB030.TXT,ab030.TXT,AB030.txt) 2. If any of the above found, rename it to AB030.TXT Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: welldone
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script - find, recursively, all files that are duplicated

Hi. I have a problem that i can't seem to resolve. I need to create a script that list all the files, that are found recursively, with the same name. For example if a file exists in more than one directory with the same name it list all the files that he founds with all the info. Could someone... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: KitFisto
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing matching text from multiple files with a shell script

Hello all, I am in need of assistance in creating a script that will remove a specified block of text from multiple .htaccess files. (roughly 1000 files) I am attempting to help with a project to clean up a linux server that has a series of unwanted url rewrites in place, as well as some... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: boxx
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me to find files in a shell script with any matching pattern

Hi friends.. I have many dirs in my working directory. Every dir have thousands of files (.jsp, .java, .xml..., etc). So I am working with an script to find every file recursively within those directories and subdirectories ending with .jsp or .java which contains inside of it, the the pattern... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hnux
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to find files in dir and updation

Hi, I have the shell script requirement mentioned below : List all java and c files or all files in directory and sub directories' in folder structure in current dir. then search for pattren1 in all files globally and replace with other string . And also check the date... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammulu
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script Help..Renaming Quoted files removing the timestamp

Hi all, i am new to this forum, unix and shell scripting. I would really appreciate if you all can help me here.. I have files coming in the below format 'filename20513'13May06:03:45 filename are characters.. like 'ABDDUT20513'13May06:03:45 i need it to be renamed as... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: khman
17 Replies
p7zip(1)						      General Commands Manual							  p7zip(1)

NAME
p7zip - Wrapper on 7zr, a 7-zip file archiver with high compression ratio SYNOPSIS
p7zip [-d] [-h|--help] [file] -h print this help -d decompress file DESCRIPTION
7-Zip is a file archiver with the highest compression ratio. The program supports 7z (that implements LZMA compression algorithm), LZMA2, XZ, ZIP, Zip64, CAB, RAR (if the non-free p7zip-rar package is installed), ARJ, GZIP, BZIP2, TAR, CPIO, RPM, ISO, most filesystem images and DEB formats. Compression ratio in the new 7z format is 30-50% better than ratio in ZIP format. p7zip is a gzip-like CLI wrapper script for 7zip FUNCTION LETTERS
-d Decompress file -h, --help Print usage SEE ALSO
7z(1), 7za(1), 7zr(1), bzip2(1), gzip(1), zip(1) AUTHOR
Written for Debian by Mohammed Adnene Trojette. Mohammed Adnene Trojette October 31 2004 p7zip(1)