Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Bash for loop array
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash for loop array Post 303015076 by mwheeler12 on Tuesday 27th of March 2018 10:50:27 AM
Old 03-27-2018
It works!

Thanks a lot. I changed it up a little to reformat the date. This is the complete solution:

Code:
for datestamp in $(find "$DPPATH" -name "${DBNAME}*.dmp.gz" $MTIMECMD -type f | tee "$tmpfile" | grep -Eo '[[:digit:]]{8}' | sort -u)
do
        grep "$datestamp" "$tmpfile" | while IFS="" read -r path
        do /usr/local/bin/aws s3 mv "$path" "s3://$S3BUCKET/export_area/$DBNAME/${datestamp:0:4}-${datestamp:4:2}-${datestamp:6:2}/"
        done
done

Thanks again.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash and ksh: variable lost in loop in bash?

Hi, I use AIX (ksh) and Linux (bash) servers. I'm trying to do scripts to will run in both ksh and bash, and most of the time it works. But this time I don't get it in bash (I'm more familar in ksh). The goal of my script if to read a "config file" (like "ini" file), and make various report.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: estienne
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using variables created sequentially in a loop while still inside of the loop [bash]

I'm trying to understand if it's possible to create a set of variables that are numbered based on another variable (using eval) in a loop, and then call on it before the loop ends. As an example I've written a script called question (The fist command is to show what is the contents of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem access array outside of loop in bash

Below is a test script I was trying to use so that I could understand why the logic was not working in a larger script. While accessing and printing array data inside the while loop, everything is fine. Outside the loop, i guess everything is null?? The for loop that is meant to cycle... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adlmostwanted
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array Variable being Assigned Values in Loop, But Gone when Loop Completes???

Hello All, Maybe I'm Missing something here but I have NOOO idea what the heck is going on with this....? I have a Variable that contains a PATTERN of what I'm considering "Illegal Characters". So what I'm doing is looping through a string containing some of these "Illegal Characters". Now... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash 3.2 - Array / Regex - IF 3rd member in array ends in 5 digits then do somthing...

Trying to do some control flow parsing based on the index postion of an array member. Here is the pseudo code I am trying to write in (preferably in pure bash) where possible. I am thinking regex with do the trick, but need a little help. pesudo code if == ENDSINFIVEINTS ]]; then do... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: briandanielz
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk loop using array:wish to store array values from loop for use outside loop

Here's my code: awk -F '' 'NR==FNR { if (/time/ && $5>10) A=$2" "$3":"$4":"($5-01) else if (/time/ && $5<01) A=$2" "$3":"$4-01":"(59-$5) else if (/time/ && $5<=10) A=$2" "$3":"$4":0"($5-01) else if (/close/) { B=0 n1=n2; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: klane
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash - array loop performance

Hi, another little question... "sn" is an array whose elements can vary from about 55,000 to about 150,000 elements. Each element consists of an integer between 0-255, eg: ${sn} contain the value: 103 . For a decrypt-procedure I need scroll all the elements 4 or 5 times. Here is an example of... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: math4
15 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash arrays: rebin/interpolate smaller array to large array

hello, i need a bit of help on how to do this effectively in bash without a lot of extra looping or massive switch/case i have a long array of M elements and a short array of N elements, so M > N always. M is not a multiple of N. for case 1, I want to stretch N to fit M arrayHuge H = (... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: f77hack
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash array variables are changed in loop runtime

I am trying to check whether particular host and port are responding or not. I am using below script to check. but node_port array that i am using in loop is getting replaced with previous iteration value. Script and output is given. Please help me to understanding why node_port values are... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmalik79
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Array connectin to another Array

Hello, i have a script that i need account_number to match a name. for exsample : ACCOUNT_ID=(IatHG8DC7mZbdymSoOr11w KbnlG2j-KRQ0-1_Xk356s8) and i run a loop curl requst with this the issue is that i want to know on which account were talking about so bash will know this : ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: batchenr
4 Replies
AMFETCHDUMP(8)						  System Administration Commands					    AMFETCHDUMP(8)

NAME
amfetchdump - extract backup images from multiple Amanda tapes. SYNOPSIS
amfetchdump [-c | -C | -l] [-p | -n] [-a] [-O directory] [-d device] [-h | --header-file filename | --header-fd fd] [--decompress | --no-decompress | --server-decompress | --client-decompress] [--extract --directory directory [--data-path amanda|directtcp] [--application-property NAME=VALUE]*] [--decrypt | --no-decrypt | --server-decrypt | --client-decrypt] [--exact_match] [-o configoption...] config hostname [disk [ date [ level [ hostname [...] ] ] ]] DESCRIPTION
Amfetchdump pulls one or more matching dumps from tape or from the holding disk, handling the reassembly of multi-tape split dump files as well as any tape autochanger operations. The dump are by default decompressed and decrypted. It will automatically use the Amanda catalog to locate available dumps on tape, in the same way that the find feature of amadmin(8) lists available dumps. The hostname, diskname, datestamp, and level dump specifications are further described in amanda-match(7). Note that at minimum a hostname must be specified. Unless -p is used, backup images are extracted to files in the current directory named: If a changer error occurs, or the -d option is given, then amfetchdump prompts for each required volume. hostname.diskname.datestamp.dumplevel OPTIONS
-p Pipe exactly one complete dump file to stdout, instead of writing the file to disk. This will restore only the first matching dumpfile (where "first" is determined by the dump log search facility). -h Output the amanda header as a 32K block to same output as the image. --header-fd fd Output the amanda header to the numbered file descriptor. --header-file filename Output the amanda header to the filename. -d device_or_changer Restore from this device or changer instead of the default, prompting for each volume. -O directory Output restored files to this directory, instead of to the current working directory. -c Compress output, fastest method available. -C Compress output, smallest file size method available. --decompress Always do the decompression, this is the default. --no-decompress Never do the decompression. --server-decompress Do the decompression only if the compression was done on the server. --client-decompress Do the decompression only if the compression was done on the client. --decrypt Always do the decryption, this is the default. --no-decrypt Never do the decryption. --server-decrypt Do the decryption only if the encryption was done on the server. --client-decrypt Do the decryption only if the encryption was done on the client. --exact-match The host and disk are parsed as exact values --extract Extract the backup on the server in the directory directory. --directory directory Where to extract the backup with the --extract option. Warning: All files in that directory can be removed. --data-path amanda|directtcp The data path to use with --extract, the default is to use the fatest data path. --application-property NAME=VALUE Application property to send to the application with --extract. -l Leave dumps in the compressed/uncompressed and encrypted/unencrypted state in which they were found on tape. It is a synonym for --no-decompression --no-decryption -a Assume that all tapes are already available, via tape changer or otherwise, instead of prompting the operator to ensure that all tapes are loaded. -n Do not reassemble split dump files at all, just restore each piece as an individual file. -o configoption See the "CONFIGURATION OVERRIDE" section in amanda(8). EXAMPLES
All the examples here assume your configuration is called SetA. Here's a simple case, restoring all known dumps of the host vanya to the current working directory. $ amfetchdump SetA vanya A more likely scenario involves restoring a particular dump from a particular date. We'll pipe this one to GNU-tar as well, to automatically extract the dump. $ amfetchdump -p SetA vanya /home 20051020 | gtar -xvpf - CAVEATS
Amfetchdump is dependent on accessing your server's config, tape changer, and (normally) dump logs. As such, it's not necessarily the most useful tool when those have all been wiped out and you desperately need to pull things from your tape. Pains have been taken to make it as capable as possible, but for seriously minimialist restores, look to amrestore(8) or dd(8) instead. SEE ALSO
amanda(8), amanda-match(7), amadmin(8), amrestore(8) The Amanda Wiki: : http://wiki.zmanda.com/ AUTHORS
John Stange <building@nap.edu> National Academies Press Ian Turner <ian@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Amanda 3.3.3 01/10/2013 AMFETCHDUMP(8)