Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Splitting the XML file and renaming the files Post 303015052 by Siv51427882 on Tuesday 27th of March 2018 04:14:57 AM
Old 03-27-2018
Splitting the XML file and renaming the files

Hello Gurus,

I have a requirement to split the xml file into different xml files.
Can you please help me with that?
Here is my Source XML file
Code:
 <jms-system-resource>
    <name>PS6SOAJMSModule</name>
    <target>soa_server1</target>
    <sub-deployment>
      <name>PS6SOASubDeployment</name>
      <target>PS6SOAJMSServer</target>
    </sub-deployment>
    <descriptor-file-name>jms/soajmsmodule-ps6-jms.xml</descriptor-file-name>
  </jms-system-resource>
  <jms-system-resource>
    <name>UMSJMSSystemResource</name>
    <target>soa_server1,bam_server1</target>
    <sub-deployment>
      <name>UMSJMSServer522129776</name>
      <target>UMSJMSServer_auto_1</target>
    </sub-deployment>
    <sub-deployment>
      <name>UMSJMSServer1709690790</name>
      <target>UMSJMSServer_auto_2</target>
    </sub-deployment>
    <descriptor-file-name>jms/UMSJMSSystemResource-jms.xml</descriptor-file-name>
  </jms-system-resource>

I would like to have above file splitted into two different files

File1 Should be named as JMSSSYSTEMRESOURSE1.XML and it needs to have the xml data like below
Code:
 <jms-system-resource>
    <name>PS6SOAJMSModule</name>
    <target>soa_server1</target>
    <sub-deployment>
      <name>PS6SOASubDeployment</name>
      <target>PS6SOAJMSServer</target>
    </sub-deployment>
    <descriptor-file-name>jms/soajmsmodule-ps6-jms.xml</descriptor-file-name>
  </jms-system-resource>

Second file should be named as JMSSSYSTEMRESOURSE2.XML and it needs to have the xml data like below
Code:
<jms-system-resource>
    <name>UMSJMSSystemResource</name>
    <target>soa_server1,bam_server1</target>
    <sub-deployment>
      <name>UMSJMSServer522129776</name>
      <target>UMSJMSServer_auto_1</target>
    </sub-deployment>
    <sub-deployment>
      <name>UMSJMSServer1709690790</name>
      <target>UMSJMSServer_auto_2</target>
    </sub-deployment>
    <descriptor-file-name>jms/UMSJMSSystemResource-jms.xml</descriptor-file-name>
  </jms-system-resource>

Can you please help me with it?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

splitting huge xml into multiple files

hi all i have a some huge html files (500MB to 1GB). Each file has multiple <html></html> tags <html> ................. .................... .................... </html> <html> ................. .................... .................... </html> <html> .................... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: uttamhoode
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

splitting a file (xml) into multiple files

To split the files Hi, I'm having a xml file with multiple xml header. so i want to split the file into multiple files. Test.xml --------- <?xml version="UTF_8"> <emp: ....> <name>a</name> <age>10</age> </emp> <?xml version="UTF_8"> <emp: ....> <name>b</name> <age>10</age>... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasi_u
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting large file and renaming based on field

I am trying to update an older program on a small cluster. It uses individual files to send jobs to each node. However the newer database comes as one large file, containing over 10,000 records. I therefore need to split this file. It looks like this: HMMER3/b NAME 1-cysPrx_C ACC ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fozrun
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help required in Splitting a xml file into multiple and appending it in another .xml file

HI All, I have to split a xml file into multiple xml files and append it in another .xml file. for example below is a sample xml and using shell script i have to split it into three xml files and append all the three xmls in a .xml file. Can some one help plz. eg: <?xml version="1.0"?>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganesan kulasek
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] File Splitting And Renaming Problem

OK So I Recently Bought A whatbox Seed-box Act!!:cool: I am connected to whatbox via SSH!!! Now i have downloaded a movie and renamed it to 2yify.mp4 (800MB):o When I TYPE the command to split it which is:) split -b 400m 2yify.mp4 It gets renamed into two parts with different names... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anime12345
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML Splitting into multi files

Hi , I have a XML file like below file name : sample.xml <?xml version="1.0"?> <catalog> <author>Rajini</author> <title>XML Guide</title> <Text> </Text> <genre>Computer</genre> <price>44.95</price> </catalog> <?xml version="1.0"?> <catalog> ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthinvk
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting xml file into several xml files using perl

Hi Everyone, I'm new here and I was checking this old post: /shell-programming-and-scripting/180669-splitting-file-into-several-smaller-files-using-perl.html (cannot paste link because of lack of points) I need to do something like this but understand very little of perl. I also check... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcosta
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting a single xml file into multiple xml files

Hi, I'm having a xml file with multiple xml header. so i want to split the file into multiple files. Sample.xml consists multiple headers so how can we split these multiple headers into multiple files in unix. eg : <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <ml:individual... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narendra921631
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting file into multiple files and renaming them

Hi all, Newbie here. First of all, sorry if I made any mistakes while posting this question in terms of rules. Correct me if I am wrong. :b: I have a .dat file whose name is in the format of 20170311_abc_xyz.dat. The file consists of records whose first column consists of multiple dates in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chanduris
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting the XML file into three different files

Hello Shell Guru's I have a requirement to split the source xml file into three different text file. And i need your valuable suggestion to finish this. Here is my source xml snippet, here i am using only one entry of <jms-system-resource>. There may be multiple entries in the source file. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siv51427882
5 Replies
asadmin-list-jms-resources(1AS) 				   User Commands				   asadmin-list-jms-resources(1AS)

NAME
list-jms-resources - gets all the JMS resources SYNOPSIS
list-jms-resources --user admin_user [--password admin_password][--host localhost] [--port 4848] [--secure|-s] [--passwordfile filename] [--terse=false] [--echo=false] [--interactive=true] [--restype resource_type] Gets all the JMS resources. This command can only be run remotely. OPTIONS
--user authorized domain application server administrative username. --password password to administer the domain application server. --host machine name where the domain application server is running. --port port number of the domain application server listening for administration requests. --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the domain application server. --passwordfile file containing the domain application server password. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. --interactive prompts you for the required options that are not already specified. --restype JMS resource type which can be: javax.jms.Topic, javax.jms.Queue, javax.jms.TopicConnectionFactory, javax.jms.QueueConnectionFactory. Example 1: Using the list-jms-resources command to list all JMS resources asadmin> list-jms-resources jms/Queue jms/Topic jms/QueueConnectionFactory jms/DurableTopicConnectionFactory Command list-jms-resources executed successfully Example 2: Using the list-jms-resources command to list JMS resources of a specified type asadmin> list-jms-resources --restype javax.jms.TopicConnectionFactory jms/DurableTopicConnectionFactory jms/TopicConnectionFactory Command list-jms-resources executed successfully EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-create-jms-resource(1AS), asadmin-delete-jms-resource(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-list-jms-resources(1AS)