Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Small communication server for messaging and calling Post 303015028 by brusell on Monday 26th of March 2018 02:00:04 PM
Old 03-26-2018
Small communication server for messaging and calling

Hello,
just a silly question, do you know some server that can be used for simple calling (soft phone on Android) and messaging between three users? Something like Asterisk but lightweight just for family use I can add to my VPS.

Many thanks,
Stan

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

how to install iplanet messaging server 5.2 on solaris 10

hi all, I want to install iplanet messaging service in solaris 10. if it is possible plz send the procedure for installation.its urgent plz regards spandan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spandhan
2 Replies

2. Programming

Client server communication using FIFO.

Hiii..... I need a client server communication using a FIFO. Sever is contacted by multiple clients.Each client writes its request to a FIFO.The server replies back to the client through a client specific FIFO. give any link to sample FIFO programs.......... Thanking you KRISH:cool: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krishnampkkm
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Routing Emails, Sun One Messaging Server

Hello, i have Sun one Messaging Server 6.3 Up and running, i want to route emails that are destined to a certain email address, let's say test@mydomain.com through the tcp_local channel for example, to another email, and not allowing test@mydomain.com to receive them. So in short, i want... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lemonshare
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

main program is not calling small other programs

I am trying to understand a program in a book and this program suppose to call other programs which are in the same folder, the other programs are called 'lu' and 'add' but for some reason when it gets to the last line of each case to call these programs there is an error message saying ./rolo:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bartsimpsong
2 Replies

5. Programming

please help a problem in client-server ipc message 2 pipes communication simple example

I want to have a message send & receive through 2 half-duplex pipes Flow of data top half pipe stdin--->parent(client) fd1--->pipe1-->child(server) fd1 bottom half pipe child(server) fd2---->pipe2--->parent(client) fd2--->stdout I need to have boundary structed message... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ouou
1 Replies
dtc_write_xenhvm_conf(8)				      System Manager's Manual					  dtc_write_xenhvm_conf(8)

NAME
dtc_write_xenhvm_conf - rewrites the xen startup script with selected params SYNOPSIS
dtc_write_xenhvm_conf VPS_NUMBER MEMORY_SIZE ALL_IP_ADDRESSES VNC_CONSOLE_PASSWORD HOW_TO_BOOT DESCRIPTION
dtc_write_xenhvm_conf This shell script is a part of the dtc-xen package that is to be used by the dtc panel to manage a Xen VPS server. This script generate a Xen startup file with the parameters given to the script. PARAMETERS
Note that ALL parameters are mendatory. VPS_NUMBER has to be a number between 01 and 29 MEMORY_SIZE is the amount of memory in mega bytes that you want to have setup in the Xen startup file for this VPS ALL_IP_ADDRESSES is a list of IPs that you want to be set in the VM's startup file and in the VM's configuration. Note that the IPs have to be separated by spaces, and thus you might want to use single quotes like this: '1.2.3.4 1.2.3.5'. Note that only the first IP will be set in the VM's configuration, but the list will be set in the Xen startup file so you can use the anti-spoofing facilities of Xen if you need it (with untrusted users / unknown customers for example). VNC_CONSOLE_PASSWORD This is the VNC console password that you want to have set-up in the Xen domU configuration file, so that you can con- nect using VNC to the the setup. Note that special value no_vnc can be used to declare that you do not want the VNC console to be used at all. HOW_TO_BOOT This controls what the VPS will use to boot. A special value of hdd can be used to tell dtc_write_xenhvm_conf that you want to boot on the hard drive of the domU. Any other parameters will be used as a .iso file located in /var/lib/dtc-xen/ttyssh_home/xenXX where xenXX equals to the VPS number set in the VPS_NUMBER parameter (see above). Note that whatever is set in this parameter, dtc_write_xenhvm_conf will add as many cdrom devices as it finds .iso files in the /var/lib/dtc-xen/ttyssh_home/xenXX folder. EXAMPLE
The following command: dtc_write_xenhvm_conf 14 512 '1.2.3.4 1.2.3.5' mYvNcPaSs boot.iso will produce this config file in /etc/xen/xen14: kernel = "/usr/lib/xen/boot/hvmloader" builder = 'hvm' memory = 512 name = "xen14${VPSNAME}" vcpus=1 pae=0 acpi=0 apic=0 vif = [ 'type=ioemu, mac=00:00:00:00:00:00, ip=1.2.3.4 1.2.3.5' ] disk=[ 'phy:/dev/mapper/lvm1-xen14,ioemu:hda,w', 'file:/var/lib/dtc-xen/ttyssh_home/xen14/boot.iso,hdb:cdrom,r', 'file:/var/lib/dtc- xen/ttyssh_home/xen14/cd2.iso,hdc:cdrom,r' ] cdrom="/var/lib/dtc-xen/ttyssh_home/xen14/boot.iso" boot="d" vfb = [ "type=vnc,vncdisplay=21,vncpasswd=mYvNcPaSs" ] nographic=0 vnc=1 stdvga=1 serial='pty' Note that the above mac address will be calculated and depend on your node name: it will NOT be like the above example. UPDATES
See http://www.gplhost.com/software-dtc-xen.html for updates. dtc_write_xenhvm_conf(8)