Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX UNIX ksh - To print the PID number and repeat count Post 303014962 by RudiC on Saturday 24th of March 2018 08:00:02 AM
Old 03-24-2018
I - and not me alone - would usually recommend to try to find errors or opportunities oneself to
- experience a good learning step.
- become a real IT person (programmer, admin, whatever).

So - how about you check on Monday, and if you don't get it running, you come back to get help? And, it's NOT the ; as this is not necessary on a line break.

You posting the corrected versions here would also be appreciated.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to ignore characters and print only number using unix?

say D45H E67H G779K F8888U T66Y Y333U output shud be like 45 67 779 8888 66 333 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH 88 - Can I find the PID for an IP connection?

Hi, If I use this command netstat | grep "1268" it shows me all IP addresses connected via port 1268, which is half of what I want. I would like to be able to then map these against a PID on the system, and also thereby get the userid. I have done a couple of days google bashing but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gcraill
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix command to count the number of files with specific characters in name

Hey all, I'm looking for a command that will search a directory (and all subdirectories) and give me a file count for the number of files that contain specific characters within its filename. e.g. I want to find the number of files that contain "-a.jpg" in their name. All the searching I've... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: murphysm
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

print number pyramid with for loop in unix

How can I print number pyramid with for loop(not while only for) in unix like: 1 22 333 4444 55555 ---------- Post updated at 09:09 AM ---------- Previous update was at 09:07 AM ---------- I forgot it is in ksh...I wrote a script in bash but it is nt wrkng in ksh... bash script... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: joshilalit2004
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

count identical strings print last row and count

I have a sorted file like: Apple 3 Apple 5 Apple 8 Banana 2 Banana 3 Grape 31 Orange 7 Orange 13 I'd like to search $1 and if $1 is not the same as $1 in the previous row print that row and print the number of times $1 was found. so the output would look like: Apple 8 3 Banana... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dcfargo
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do you print the number of processes that each user is currently running in Unix?

Ok, so I know there's a way to do this, but I've been trying to find out all afternoon with no luck. I think it should print out something like this: 1 bin 2 daemon 6 duo Where the numbers on the left are the number of processes being run by the user whose name is listed on the right. Is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duo11
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Unix and Awk to count number of occurrences

Hi, I have a file (movies.sh), this file contains list of movies such as I want to redirect the movies from movies.sh to file_to_process to allow me process the file with out losing anything. I have tried Movies.sh >> file_to_process But I want to add the row number to the data... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: INHF
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

count number of entries perl program or Unix script

Hi I have a file with number of entries name 1 123 name 1 345 name 1 65346 name2 3243 name2 24234 name 2 234234 so on ......... how to count total number of entries for name 1 and name2...and so on Please guide. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manigrover
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count and print the number of occurences

I have some files as shown below GLL ALM 654-656 654 656 SEM LYG 655-657 655 657 SEM LYG 655-657 655 657 ALM LEG 656-658 656 658 ALM LEG 656-658 656 658 ALM LEG 656-658 656 658 LEG LEG 658-660 658 660 LEG LEG 658-660 658 660 The value of GLL is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arch
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX - command to count number of files in subdirectories

I have a folder named test/ and under that I have multiple directories and in each of the directory I have multiple log files. I want to know how many files exists under each sub directory. test |--quanrantine |--logfile1 |--logfile2 |--spooling |--logfile1 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravikirankethe
4 Replies
books(3)							       Coin								  books(3)

NAME
books - Books Related to Open Inventor / Coin Here is a list of some of the better books for people that invested in software development with Open Inventor. If you have suggestions for additional books that ought to go on this list, please feel free to tell us about it. The Inventor Mentor (subtitle 'Programming Object-Oriented 3D Graphics with Open Inventor') This is an excellently written, detailed, tutorial-style introductory book for Open Inventor that takes you through all the fundamental design principles applied in the Open Inventor API, richly illustrated and with numerous, well documented code examples. The Inventor Mentor is getting a bit old, but do not let that put you off. It is as valid today as it was the day it was written, and we heartily recommend this book for anyone learning to use Open Inventor. ISBN 0-201-62495-8. You might also be able to find this book as a pdf file online, but we recommend having it in print. The Inventor Toolmaker This book explains how Open Inventor was designed for being extended by the users, and walks you through how to develop your own components that work with all aspects of Coin. ISBN 0-201-62493-1. You might also be able to find this book as a pdf file online, but we recommend having it in print. The Annotated VRML2.0 Reference Manual This book covers the VRML97 (aka VRML 2.0) standard, which Coin has implemented with its Inventor/VRMLnodes/* classes, which is an extension made beyond the Open Inventor V2.1 API. The VRML97 format has some significant differences from the Inventor and VRML1 formats, so it is a useful book if you want to use that part of Coin. ISBN 0-201-41974-2. You will find the specification documents for VRML97 online at http://www.web3d.org/. The Open GL Programming Manual This is the bible when it comes to OpenGL programming and is relevant for Open Inventor extenders that develop new nodes that implement or affect Open Inventor OpenGL rendering. There are many editions of this book since it is updated whenever new versions of OpenGL are standardized and comes out, so check that you have identified the latest edition if you order one. The Open Inventor C++ Reference Manual Although this book is directly relevant for Open Inventor, it does only cover the Open Inventor 2.1 API. This information is more or less also covered in the online doxygen doc for Coin, where you have it hyperlinked, and can also be generated offline from the Coin sources to have locally, so we do not think this book is very useful to have in print. We mention it anyway since it is an official documentation book for Open Inventor. ISBN 0-201-62491-5. Version 3.1.3 Wed May 23 2012 books(3)