Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Copy pattern inside the file
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Copy pattern inside the file Post 303014954 by RudiC on Saturday 24th of March 2018 07:18:59 AM
Old 03-24-2018
Try
Code:
for FN in LATAM_TRANS; do sed '/22001/ {p; s//11048/}' "$FN" | sort > TMP; mv TMP "$FN" ; done

This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search a pattern inside a zipped file ie (.gz file) with out unzipping it

How to search a pattern inside a zipped file ie (.gz file) with out unzipping it? using grep command.. Bit urgent.. pls..help me (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: senraj01
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in sed command ( Replacing a pattern inside a file with a variable value )

Hello, The following sed command is giving error sed: -e expression #1, char 13: unknown option to `s' The sed command is echo "//-----" | sed "s/\/\/---*/$parChk/g" where parChk="//---ee-" How can i print the variable value from sed command ? And is it possible to replace a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frozensmilz
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

pattern replace inside text file using sed

Hi, I have a situation where I want to replace some occurrences of ".jsp" into ".html" inside a text file. For Example: If a pattern found like <a href="http://www.mysite.com/mypage.jsp"> it should be retained. But if a pattern found like <a href="../mypage.jsp"> it should be changed to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: meharo
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find the pattern inside the file and replace it

hello everybody, I have a group of file eg- sample1 sample2 sample3 sample4 each file contain this :- cat sample1 SEQ_NUM,1,UPESI1 My requirement is to change the value-UPESI1 to UPE10 in file which contain this pattern -UPESI1. any help is appreciated. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhigrkist
2 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

copy files inside a text file

Hi Guys , I am new to this and Hi to all ,Need your help I am trying to copy Files which are inside file.txt The files inside file.txt are inthe below order file1.log file2.log file3.log ....... I want to copy these files to an output Directory , Please help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hc17972
1 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

copy files inside a text file

Hi Guys , I am new to this and Hi to all ,Need your help I am trying to copy Files which are inside file.txt The files inside file.txt are inthe below order file1.log file2.log file3.log ....... I want to copy these files to an output Directory , Please help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hc17972
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with matching pattern inside a file

I have a huge file that has roughly 30304 lines. I need to extract specific info from that file. For example, Box 1 > *aaaaaaaajjjj* > hbbvjvj > jdnnfddllll > *dgdfhfekwjh* Box 2 > *aaaaaaa'aj'jjj* > dse hkjuejef bfdw > dyeee > dsewq > *dgdfhfekwjh* >feweiuei Box 3 > *aaaa"aaaaj"jjj* >... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ernst
25 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding the pattern and replacing the pattern inside the file

i have little challenge, help me out.i have a file where i have a value declared and and i have to replace the value when called. for example i have the value for abc and ccc. now i have to substitute the value of value abc and ccc in the place of them. Input File: go to &abc=ddd; if... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: saaisiva
16 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy and paste text inside a xml file

I have a really big XML file. I need copy the value of one tag inside another one tag. I try to publish one example. <channel update="i" site="merge-xmltv" site_id="" xmltv_id="Rai 1">Rai 1</channel> <channel update="i" site="merge-xmltv" site_id="" xmltv_id="Rai 1 +2HD">Rai 1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tapiocapioca
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Search a string inside a pattern matched block of a file

How to grep for searching a string within a begin and end pattern of a file. Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Baishali
8 Replies
SHTOOL-FIXPERM.TMP(1)					      GNU Portable Shell Tool					     SHTOOL-FIXPERM.TMP(1)

NAME
shtool-fixperm - GNU shtool file permission fixing command SYNOPSIS
shtool fixperm [-v|--verbose] [-t|--trace] path [path ...] DESCRIPTION
shtool fixperm fixes file permissions inside a source tree under path by cleaning up the permission bits. It determines the cleaned up permission from the already set bits. It is intended to be run before a tarball is rolled (usually with shtool tarball) out of a source tree. The trick is that this is more convenient than having to set the permissions manually or by using a large file list. OPTIONS
The following command line options are available. -v, --verbose Display some processing information. -t, --trace Enable the output of the essential shell commands which are executed. EXAMPLE
# Makefile.in dist: shtool fixperm -v * ... HISTORY
The GNU shtool fixperm command was originally written by Ralf S. Engelschall <rse@engelschall.com> in 1996 for OSSP eperl. It was later taken over into GNU shtool. SEE ALSO
shtool(1), chmod(1). 18-Jul-2008 shtool 2.0.8 SHTOOL-FIXPERM.TMP(1)