Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Trying to use awk to check values and multiple Post 303014830 by rdrtx1 on Wednesday 21st of March 2018 02:20:52 PM
Old 03-21-2018
See update to post #7
This User Gave Thanks to rdrtx1 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

matching multiple values in awk

How will you change the 5th column in the data file with the value in the second column in the error_correction.txt file. You have to match an extra variable, column 3 of the error_correction file with column 6 of the data.txt file. data.txt: vgr,bugatti veron,,3.5,Maybe,6,.......,ax2,....... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: VGR
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use AWK to check for numeric values? (BASH script)

Hi, I'm quite new to scripting, but know a few AWK statements. I have the following line in my script: hostname=`echo $file | awk 'BEGIN{FS=OFS="."}{$NF=""; NF--; print}'` I use this in my script to rename files, which are similar to this: name.mvkf.mkvfm.mkfvm.1 To the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TauntaunHerder
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array in awk outputs multiple values

Disclaimer: OP is 100% Awk beginner. I use this code on ASCII files I need to report against. awk 'BEGIN { tokens = 0 tokens = 0 tokens = 0 } { for (token in tokens) { if ($1 == token){print $0; tokens++;}}} END {for (token in tokens){ if( tokens ==... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alan
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get multiple values from an xml file using one of the following commands or together awk/perl/script

Hello, I have a requirement to extract the value from multiple xml node and print out the values to new file to compare. Would be done using either awk/perl or some unix script. For example sample input file: ..... ..... <factories xmi:type="resources.jdbc:DataSource"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: slbmind
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get index values for multiple matches in the same line with awk?

Hi, I know that echo "bob alice robert alice" | awk '{print index($0,"alice")}' 5Will output the index of the first alice match, is there any way to get the index of all matches?, eg: echo "bob alice robert alice" | awk 'unknown magic' 5:18Thanks for your time. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chilicuil
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check file from multiple files is empty using awk

I am passing multiple files in awk & since one of the file is empty(say file3) so the same gets skipped & logic goes for toss. Need suggestion/help in checking and putting additional checks for the same awk -F, 'FNR==1 {++filecounter} filecounter==1 {KRL=$2;next} filecounter==2... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: siramitsharma
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check multiple patterns in awk

I need to check if 2 values exists in the file and if they are equal print 0. output.txt: ------------ 1 2 3 4 5 6 Inputs: a=1 b=2 My pattern matching code works but I am trying to set a counter if both the pattern matches which does not work.If the count > 0,then I want to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kannan13
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk GSUB read field values from multiple text files

My program run without error. The problem I am having. The program isn't outputting field values with the column headers to file.txt. Each of the column headers in file.txt has no data. MEMSIZE SECOND SASFoundation Filename The output results in file.txt should show: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dellanicholson
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge values from multiple directories into one file in awk or bash

I am trying to merge or combine all $1 values in validation.txt from multiple directories into one new file and output it here tab-delimited:/home/cmccabe/Desktop/20x/total/total.txt. Each $2 value and the header would then be a new field in total.txt. I am not sure how to go about this as cat is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Compare values in multiple rows in one column using awk

I would like to compare values in column 8, and grep the ones where the different is > 1, columns 1 and 2 are the key for array. Every 4 rows the records values in columns 1 and 2 changed. Then, the comparison in the column 8 need to be done for the 4 rows everytime columns 1 and 2 changed ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
4 Replies
update-fonts-dir(8)					      System Manager's Manual					       update-fonts-dir(8)

NAME
update-fonts-dir - compile fonts.dir files SYNOPSIS
update-fonts-dir [OPTION] directory ... DESCRIPTION
update-fonts-dir creates a fonts.dir file in an X font directory by invoking mkfontdir(1x) with the appropriate arguments. It is typically invoked only from the post-installation and post-removal scripts of a package containing fonts for the X Window System, but may be invoked at any time to reconstruct fonts.dir files. For each directory, which is simply the last component of its path (such as '75dpi' or 'misc'), update-fonts-dir will generate either /usr/lib/X11/fonts/directory/fonts.dir or /usr/share/fonts/X11/directory/fonts.dir from the fonts.scale and font files found within it. This enables multiple packages to provide names for fonts in the same directory. No font package actually provides the fonts.dir file in the X font directory itself, so there is no danger of overwriting one package's font names with those of another. For instance, the two packages 'xfonts-base' (real) and 'xfonts-nifty' (hypothetical) may both install fonts into the directory /usr/lib/X11/fonts/misc, and update-fonts-dir will ensure that the fonts.dir file in that directory contains information about the font files provided by both packages. The format of fonts.dir files is described in the mkfontdir(1x) manual page. An example of how to use update-fonts-dir in package maintainer scripts is provided in the Debian Policy Manual. OPTIONS
-h, --help displays a brief usage message and exits. -7, --x11r7-layout switches the font layout to the one introduced in X11R7: fonts in /usr/share/fonts/X11/directory (default is: fonts in /usr/lib/X11/fonts/directory) OPERANDS
update-fonts-dir takes one or more X font directory names to operate on as operands. Only the final path component of the directory name should be specified; e.g., update-fonts-dir 75dpi is correct, while 'update-fonts-dir /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi' and 'update-fonts-dir /usr/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi' are not. ENVIRONMENT
COLUMNS indicates the width of the terminal device in character cells. This value is used for formatting diagnostic messages. If not set, the terminal is queried using stty(1) to determine its width. If that fails, a value of '80' is assumed. DIAGNOSTICS
Errors usage error: one or more font directories must be provided update-fonts-dir was invoked without operands. Supply one or more X font directory names to operate on. usage error: unrecognized option update-fonts-dir was invoked with an unrecognized option argument. Use only the options documented in "OPTIONS", above. fatal error: path to X font directory must be used A directory name was supplied that was not an X font directory name. Supply X font directory names only. Warnings warning: absolute path directory was provided Usage of absolute paths is deprecated. Use only the final component of the X font directory name for directory. warning: directory does not exist or is not a directory The supplied directory was invalid. update-fonts-dir skipped it. EXIT STATUS
0 update-fonts-dir ran successfully. 1 update-fonts-dir experienced a fatal error; see the section on diagnostic messages above. 2 update-fonts-dir was invoked with invalid arguments. BUGS
See the Debian Bug Tracking System <http://bugs.debian.org/xfonts-utils>. If you wish to report a bug in update-fonts-dir, please see /usr/share/doc/debian/bug-reporting.txt or the reportbug(1) command. AUTHOR
update-fonts-dir was written by Branden Robinson. SEE ALSO
mkfontdir(1x) Debian Project 2004-11-11 update-fonts-dir(8)