Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Updating variables in a running shell process Post 303014691 by RudiC on Sunday 18th of March 2018 05:51:15 PM
Old 03-18-2018
You lost me here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Walker
. . . on occasion the server will log me out In that situation the script will log on . . .

Quote:
Is there a way to have the script check for new variables when ever it runs through another iteration?
. . .
Yes - put the source /CRACK-U-DFE/DFE_CAPTURE into the while loop.
This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check for specific process running through shell

Hi I want to check whether specific process is running or not through a shell script. ps -ef | grep will tell me this, i tried this way in shell cnt =`ps -ef| grep xyz | awk '{ END {print NR}}` if it return two rows, job is running else not. Is there any better way of doing this. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: agp
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

current running process in shell

hi what is the shell programming code to know the number of processes currently running on the machine & information about those processes. Another one is the configuration and usage of the UNIX file system? requesting all for help. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moco
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to check if a process is running in a server from shell script.

I want to write a unix shell script that will check if a process (say debu) is running in the server or not. If no , then send a mail to the corresponding person to start the process??? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: debu
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Updating environment variables

ok, this definitely falls in the n00b category... I'm trying to upgrade Java on my server and just need to update the PATH, CLASSPATH, and JAVA_HOME environment variables. This is what they currently are:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jtennent
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running Shell Script in the cron, background process

Hi, i was looking for an answer for some trouble im having runing a script in the cron, thing is, that when i run it manually it works just fine. But when cron runs it, it just doenst work. I saw a reply on a similar subject, suggesting that the . .profile worked for you, but im kind of... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: blacksteel1988
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to find out if a process is running on any all machines

Hi All, I have been a guest visitor from a long time and this forum is wonderful. I finally am a member of this forum too, so i am here stuck with a shell script that i was trying to write My requirement is that i should be able to create a shell script which will check if a process is running on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rex0226
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unset variables in shell when it running two different loops

I have a script to start/stop/restart the tomcat application. When we run the script first time i.e stop/start it set all env variables(DISTRIB_ID,NAME,TOMCAT_CFG,....etc),but when we restart the tomcat it is running in the same shell.....I need to set the variables when i restart the tomcat(in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: praveen265
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Updating variables using sed or awk

Hi, I have a file(testfile.txt) that contains list of variables as shown below. T $$FirstName=James $$LastName=Fox $$Dateofbirth=1980-02-04 ……and so on there are 50 different variables. I am writing a script(script1.sh) that will update the above three variable one by one with the values... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saanvi1
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to find out process name that are running for last 10 days.

Hi all, As i am new to shell script.Please help me to write a Shell script to find out process name that are running for last 10 days. Thank's in advance. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_1988
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to display only the first 5 running process using top in shell scripting?

topfunc() { top } topfunc Here i used the top command inside a function,and i called the function. when executing this bash file i get all the process which are using by the kernel i just want to display only the first 5 running process. is it possible? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meeran Rizvi
7 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)