Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? PI calculated by hand. If this doesn't blow your mind nothing will. Post 303014687 by jim mcnamara on Sunday 18th of March 2018 03:49:56 PM
Old 03-18-2018
Fixed the title. Nice topic!

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create a calculated field from existing fields

I need to add an average field to a file. I can create it in an on-screen report and it does what I need using the awk command but I can't get it to create a new file with the additional field. Here's what I'm working with: file layout: id:lastname:firstname:grade1:grade2:grade3:grade4 I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: atchleykl
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

adding calculated column

Hi, My text file looks like this... I am not sure if it is tab separated or space separated. SHANTNU 101 12:40:00 AM 04:53:00 AM 219:40:00 04:23:00 AM 10 12:01:00 AM 296:18 1:55 test 342 12:53:00 AM 01:09:00 PM 144:43:00 07:44:00 AM 47 12:05:00 AM... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shantanuo
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk calculated with amazing result

I don't the following why ?:confused: $ awk 'BEGIN{printf "%.40f\n",(0.33*3)}' 0.9899999999999999911182158029987476766109 $ awk 'BEGIN{printf "%.4f\n",(0.33*3)}' 0.9900 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: saloman
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

awk calculated with amazing result

I don't the following why ?:confused: $ awk 'BEGIN{printf "%.40f\n",(0.33*3)}' 0.9899999999999999911182158029987476766109 $ awk 'BEGIN{printf "%.4f\n",(0.33*3)}' 0.9900 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: saloman
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge left hand strings mapping to different right hand strings

Hello, I am working on an Urdu to Hindi dictionary which has the following structure: a=b a=c n=d n=q and so on. i.e. Headword separated from gloss by a = I am giving below a live sample بتا=बता بتا=बित्ता بتا=बुत्ता بتان=बतान بتان=बितान بتانا=बिताना I need the following... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
3 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Something in my mind - what's your opinion ?

Dear Forum staff / Advisors / members , I am having something in my mind, about Linux / Unix possible Interview questions collections, I guess if I post them here,which might be useful for our members and for students, and in meantime we can discuss also about those questions, what's your... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send mail at specific calculated time interval?

Hi All, I want to send an email if the time difference from previous mail sent is more than or equal to 30 mins. I have written below code and it's working fine. In this script I am storing previous mail sent time in txt file. Instead of storing in txt file how to store in a variable.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nalu
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash script to get total size off of remainder calculated

I am working on a script to get the final total size and so far have the following and wondering if this can be improved. # Compare the desired size of each lvm to the standard size. If it is desired is larger than calculate the difference and keep that value as the amount to add to that LVM. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: user3528
5 Replies
TM::ObjectAble(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       TM::ObjectAble(3pm)

NAME
TM::Synchronizable - Topic Maps, trait for storing objects into backends SYNOPSIS
my $tm = .... # get a topic map from somewhere use Class::Trait; Class::Trait->apply ($tm, "TM::ObjectAble"); my %store; # find yourself a proper store, can be anything HASHish # append it to the list of stores, or .... push @{ $tm->storages }, \%store; # prepend it to the list of stores unshift @{ $tm->storages }, \%store; # store it (the proper storage will take it) $tm->objectify ('tm:some-topic', "whatever object or data"); # get it back my @objects = $tm->object ('tm:some-topic', 'tm:some-topic2'); # get rid of it $tm->deobjectify ('tm:some-topic'); DESCRIPTION
This trait implements functionality to store arbitrary data on a per-topic basis. Conceptually, the storage can be thought as one large hash, as keys being use the internal topic identifiers, as values the object data. But to allow different topics to store their object data in different places, this interface works with a list of such hashes. Each hash (native or tied to some implementation) in the list is visited (starting from the start of the list) and can take over the storage. Whether this is based on the topic id, on some other topic information, or on the MIME type of the data (if it has one), is up to the implementation to decide. INTERFACE
Methods storages $listref = $tm->storages This method returns an array reference. You can "unshift" or "push" your storage implementation onto this list. Example: my %store1; push @{ $tm->storages }, \%store1 objectify $tm->objectify ($tid => $some_data, ...); This method stores actually the data. It takes a hash, with the topic id as keys and according values and tries to find for each of the pairs an appropriate storage. If none can be found, it will raise an exception. NOTE: Yes, this is a stupid name. deobjectify $tm->deobjectify ($tid, ...) This method removes any data stored for the provided topic(s). If no data can be found in the appropriate storage, an exception will be raised. object @objects = $tm->object ($tid, ...) This method returns any data stored for the provided objects. If no data can be found for a particular topic, then "undef" will be returned. SEE ALSO
TM AUTHOR INFORMATION
Copyright 20(10), Robert Barta <drrho@cpan.org>, All rights reserved. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html perl v5.10.1 2010-10-27 TM::ObjectAble(3pm)