Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unable to replace ^
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Unable to replace ^ Post 303014629 by vgersh99 on Friday 16th of March 2018 11:53:08 AM
Old 03-16-2018
Code:
echo '^aa^,^11^' | sed 's#\^##g'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Unable to

Unable to Activate ErnieS email id removed It just keeps sending me round in circles? And in true Unix fashion as soon as I post this it does.... Please ignore Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ErnieS
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - replace number of string length from search and replace for a serialized array

Hello, I really would appreciate some help with a bash script for some string manipulation on an SQL dump: I'd like to be able to rename "sites/WHATEVER/files" to "sites/SOMETHINGELSE/files" within the sql dump. This is quite easy with sed: sed -e... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: otrotipo
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED - Unable to replace with <tab>

Hello All, I have this file with the below contents 1|2|3|4| this|that|which|what| when I use, sed 's/|/\t/g' infile I get, 1t2t3t4t thistthattwhichtwhatt Why is this?? :confused: :wall: (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: PikK45
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace dashes positions 351-357 & 024-043 with 0 & replace " " if exis with 04 at position 381-382

I need to replace dashes (i.e. -) if present from positions 351-357 with zero (i.e. 0), I also need to replace dash (i.e “-“) if present between position 024-043 with zero (i.e. 0) & I replace " " (i.e. 2 space characters) if present at position 381-382 with "04". Total length of record is 413.... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: lancesunny
11 Replies

5. Solaris

Unable to use df -h

Hi , On one of my solaris server I getan error whenever I use df -h as below. df: unknown option: h Usage: df But this works on other servers.Please advise. Regards, VN (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: narayanv
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Unable to do su -

Hi, when I try to do " su - oradba" on my solaris box i get following error: Please let me know the proabbale cause and resolution to this. ===================== su - oradba Enter Local Unix Password: Login Error ----------- The user 'oradba' is not allowed to log direct into this host.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Laxxi
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I replace the lines that start with a star and replace it with numbers start from 1?

I need to replace the (*) in the fist of a list with numbers using sed for example > this file contain a list * linux * computers * labs * questions to >>>> this file contain a list 1. linux 2. computers 3. labs 4. questions (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aalbazie
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk script to extract a column, replace one of the header and replace year(from ddmmyy to yyyy)

I have a csv which has lot of columns . I was looking for an awk script which would extract a column twice. for the first occurance the header and data needs to be intact but for the second occurance i want to replace the header name since it a duplicate and extract year value which is in ddmmyy... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kunalcurious
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to replace string in AIX ksh shell

My variable contains the following string I wish to replace \n with "space" so the expected output is: I understand that the /n is not a new linein this case. I'm on AIX using ksh shell. Below is all that I tried. echo $str | sed -e "s#\n# #g"; echo $str | sed -e "s#\n#' '#g";... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Unable to replace 0.0.0.0 in a file

Hi All, i am trying to replace 0.0.0.0 in below file. but i am not able to replace it. File : Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address Foreign Address State PID/Program name tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:25 0.0.0.0:* ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sravani25
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)